What's new

Indian Political Corner | All Updates & Discussions.

3 shot, many injured in Hindu-Muslim clashes in Meerut, BJP uploads photos | The Indian Express

At least a dozen people were injured in a communal clash that lasted for nearly two hours in Meerut on Saturday. Three of the injured are reported to have suffered bullet injuries, and one is said to be critical.

According to reports, the violence started after a scuffle between Hindus and Muslims over putting up a fence around a well outside a mosque in Teergaraan area here. The clashes then spread to the nearby areas of Bazaza Bazar, Lala Bazar and Budhana gate. Both the groups are alleged to have fired at each other.

BJP corporator Vijay Anand, who was among the first to reach Teergaraan, was allegedly manhandled and his motorcycle was set on fire.

“I reached the place carrying a copy of the local court verdict which banned any construction around the well. The court held that it is a public property as a Jain temple is also located in the area. Nobody paid heed to me. They pushed me aside and set my bike ablaze while the police took no action,” alleged Anand.

Local BJP leaders uploaded photographs of the youth who is reported to be critically injured on Facebook and WhatsApp.

Party supporters, led by Meerut Mayor Ravikant Ahluwallia, staged protests in the affected area.

“The police did not react in time, as a result of which the clash escalated. The local police are operating at the behest of the ruling party as they remained soft towards members of the minority community who started the trouble,” alleged Ahluwallia.

3 shot, many injured in Hindu-Muslim clashes in Meerut, BJP uploads photos | The Indian Express

At least a dozen people were injured in a communal clash that lasted for nearly two hours in Meerut on Saturday. Three of the injured are reported to have suffered bullet injuries, and one is said to be critical.

According to reports, the violence started after a scuffle between Hindus and Muslims over putting up a fence around a well outside a mosque in Teergaraan area here. The clashes then spread to the nearby areas of Bazaza Bazar, Lala Bazar and Budhana gate. Both the groups are alleged to have fired at each other.

BJP corporator Vijay Anand, who was among the first to reach Teergaraan, was allegedly manhandled and his motorcycle was set on fire.

“I reached the place carrying a copy of the local court verdict which banned any construction around the well. The court held that it is a public property as a Jain temple is also located in the area. Nobody paid heed to me. They pushed me aside and set my bike ablaze while the police took no action,” alleged Anand.

Local BJP leaders uploaded photographs of the youth who is reported to be critically injured on Facebook and WhatsApp.

Party supporters, led by Meerut Mayor Ravikant Ahluwallia, staged protests in the affected area.

“The police did not react in time, as a result of which the clash escalated. The local police are operating at the behest of the ruling party as they remained soft towards members of the minority community who started the trouble,” alleged Ahluwallia.

Sickular Parties are going to Blame Modi for this too. :ashamed:

Can it have negative Impact in next Phase of elections?

Considering how hard he has worked this election season he simply deserves to get the top spot
Just imagine a scenario where he will fall short of the target & external support will only come if someone else from BJP is made PM candidate! How will the public respond? & dirty trick department of media has already taken up the cause. Debates on TV channels have started to stir it up by giving a strong push to this possibility.

Sickular Parties are going to Blame Modi for this too. :ashamed:

Can it have negative Impact in next Phase of elections?

Positive for BJP as BJP corporator was just implementing court orders. What BJP need to do is to only spread this news to sweep the remaing seats of UP & Bihar.

Just imagine a scenario where he will fall short of the target & external support will only come if someone else from BJP is made PM candidate! How will the public respond? & dirty trick department of media has already taken up the cause. Debates on TV channels have started to stir it up by giving a strong push to this possibility.

Even I'm worried about it. Got chance to speak to some of BJP's Karyakartas and they are saying BJP is not doing well in UP, Maharastra & Bihar...Won't get 50 odd seats from UP and other things....Don't know whom to believe and whom not to..Keeping my fingers crossed & waiting for 16th May. :cray:

This whole election was about Modi or no Modi.But if BJP goes with Advani as PM then people who gave mandate to Modi to serve us as PM will feel cheated.

BJD and YSRC will come onboard with BJP as Modi at it's helm. Not to overlook 10-15 independents who won't want fresh election.

Even I'm worried about it. Got chance to speak to some of BJP's Karyakartas and they are saying BJP is not doing well in UP, Maharastra & Bihar...Won't get 50 odd seats from UP and other things....Don't know whom to believe and whom not to..Keeping my fingers crossed & waiting for 16th May. :cray:

Exit polls on 12'th evening itself will clear many doubts.

I heard BJP was doing well in these three states

This whole election was about Modi or no Modi.But if BJP goes with Advani as PM then people who gave mandate to Modi to serve us PM will feel cheated.

BJD and YSRC will come onboard with BJP as Modi at it's helm. Not to overlook 10-15 independents who won't want fresh election.

Exit polls on 12'th evening itself will clear many doubts.
Stopping Modi at any cost no matter what is the only priority for Congress & their secular sidekicks. If at all NDA falls short by 20* seats.. believe me, there will be congress propped up sickular party coming to support NDA right away without much effort, but with a caveat to create confusion & differences within BJP straight away. You'll have pimps like Diggy saying so & so is willing to support NDA, provided Sushma Swaraj is made PM... or Advani is made.. etc etc. BJP shouldn't fall for this bluff.. Either it's Modi or opposition! BJP supporters will not settle for anything else!

Not gonna happen , its gone way to far for BJP .. NO one can replace Modi at this stage ... IF NDA gets 250+ then getting allies wont be very difficult and even if 3rd front is formed expect govt. to collapse in months time ...

Stopping Modi at any cost no matter what is the only priority for Congress & their secular sidekicks. If at all NDA falls short by 20* seats.. believe me, there will be congress propped up sickular party coming to support NDA right away without much effort, but with a caveat to create confusion & differences within BJP straight away. You'll have pimps like Diggy saying so & so is willing to support NDA, provided Sushma Swaraj is made PM... or Advani is made.. etc etc. BJP shouldn't fall for this bluff.. Either it's Modi or opposition! BJP supporters will not settle for anything else!

Abe yaar , its not gonna happen. Either its Modi with BJP or someone else . IF Bjp puts someone else the credibility loss will be irreparable . Either way all trends suggest NDA will get Majority on its own and if it falls be 20 odd seats then Jaya and few independent MLA;s will join.. Nothing to get worried about

Not gonna happen , its gone way to far for BJP .. NO one can replace Modi at this stage ... IF NDA gets 250+ then getting allies wont be very difficult and even if 3rd front is formed expect govt. to collapse in months time ...
that's what we are hoping. Then again Modi would have prepared for every eventuality. I'm quite confident that he already has secret understanding with quite a few regional leaders who are not part of NDA at present. Modi is not someone who will go to any fight half prepared.

that's what we are hoping. Then again Modi would have prepared for every eventuality. I'm quite confident that he already has secret understanding with quite a few regional leaders who are not part of NDA at present. Modi is not someone who will go to any fight half prepared.

Till now everyone was talking about NDA getting majority on its own , what happened all of a sudden ?

Till now everyone was talking about NDA getting majority on its own , what happened all of a sudden ?
Cold feet! Thinking about the worst case scenario. It's like.. when you know all the hard work is done.. & waiting for the reward. You don't want to get overexcited or overconfident.

Back
Top Bottom