What's new

Indian phone makers leave China to build at home

^^^

@HK Indian MBT

Though i did not get a lot of what you were saying there - but will add a couple of more pillars to ur three pillars.

Most companies and ccp owned, banks are ccp owned so fund flow at meager interests and waiver of loans is not a problem plus huge subsidies are provided.

second is the whole labor force and the economy is controlled by one entity - all necessary clearances happen on the spot, no restrictions from any departments, no delays for approvals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlike China India's manufacturing will be done in second tier cities, this will make the production costs lesser and also makes people to not to crowd cities :cheers:

^^^

@HK Indian MBT

Though i did not get a lot of what you were saying there - but will add a couple of more pillars to ur three pillars.

Most companies and ccp owned, banks are ccp owned so fund flow at meager interests and waiver of loans is not a problem plus huge subsidies are provided.

second is the whole labor force and the economy is controlled by one entity - all necessary clearances happen on the spot, no restrictions from any departments, no delays for approvals.

I mean to say micromax is almost ready to start making fone same with spice.. and nokia already manufacturing in madras from last 2 years correct me if I m wrong.... and samsung is also thinking to make plant india may be in Gujarat

Chinese will try the US way Which is to Create Problem to India and Derail its Economy with small War and Threat . But Chinese also know its not going to happen without a Great Loss to China as well. It will be a Sucide for Chinese Growth if it go to war when Whole lots of Gang Waiting for right time to take Revenge (For bullying ) :usflag:
58hzg.gif

Their first priorities are japan, taiwan and SCS. We come way after that, but they will keep us interested till then to halt our growth and keep us tense and spend on our defense more so we dont concentrate on economy and social issues.

We shoulld do anything rash or reply to their provocations, we should just bide time and wait for them to self implode with fighting their enemies and by way of their social problems.

I mean to say micromax is almost ready to start making fone same with spice.. and nokia already manufacturing in madras from last 2 years correct me if I m wrong.... and samsung is also thinking to make plant india may be in Gujarat

sorry bro, my response was to post no. 14.

^^^

@HK Indian MBT

Am sorry for my poor english on my previous post. I think you are pointing out the China's advantage over India on Red Tapes. But i tell you what china cant afford to increase wages as workers demand. It will leads to new problem for chinese economy. Chinese are now facing same problem as every other developed nation. Which is demand for High Fi Life style. Its a Bubble in Chinese economy waiting to burst.China is very well aware of it. China hold largest US Bond too. Its in trillions. Sure china wont get it back. Matter of fact is Chinese super power abtion rest with USA's economical growth too. If dollars sinks it will leads to total disaster for Chinese. Thats the reason BRICS nations want to to do bussiness with their own currency than in Dollars . We must wait and watch the situation. IT IS Amzing :smitten: .Yen want to dominate Dollars .Yen is under valued in many folds. Real value of yen against China is higher than what it is now. One hand Chinese Yen want to out perform Dollar on the other hand Dollar needs to stay afloat its in chinese intrest too . Great to watch these developments as an INDIAN :yay::chilli:

Good thing for India we need them more than China
hope Karbon & Micromax join the fray

micromax is all the way..... even spice.
nokia aa gaya hai.. samsung will also come

Samsung is already here in India:

Samsung began operations in India through its manufacturing complex located at Noida (UP) in 1997. This Complex today houses state of the art facilities for Colour Televisions (including 3D, LED and LCD Televisions), Mobile Phones, Refrigerators, Washing Machines and Split Air Conditioners categories. The Noida facility is ranked as the Number One amongst all Samsung subsidiaries in terms of delivering the highest productivity for Colour Televisions, Refrigerators and Mobiles.

To help respond better and faster to the growing demand for its products in the Southern part of the country, Samsung commenced operations of its second state–of-the-art manufacturing complex at Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu in November 2007.

Today, the Sriperumbudur facility manufactures Colour and LCD Televisions, Fully Automatic Front Loading Washing Machines, Refrigerators and Split Air Conditioners.

Samsung India is working with and contributing to the development of the domestic component industry in the country. The Company is working with its partners to improve their product quality and processes. Thus, Samsung vendors are sent to different Samsung subsidiaries to meet the Samsung overseas vendors in order to benchmark their own processes. All the components used by Samsung for manufacturing its products are 'eco friendly' as per ROHS norms.

The official website of Samsung

Manufacturing - Samsung in India - Our Businesses - About Samsung - Samsung

---------------------------------------------------------

As for the Nokia

NOKIA'S UNIT IN CHENNAI IS WORLD'S NO.1

Kalyan Parbat - KOLKATA :

CHENNAI has edged past China as a unitwise volume producer of Nokia cellphones. In fact, Nokia's Chennai factory is now the company's largest cellphone manufacturing facility in the world.

China has two such Nokia factories and Chennai, one. But Chennai Nokia has now edged past the larger of the two Chinese factories, which so long was also Nokia's largest in the world. While the Finnish cellphone maker is keeping a tight lid on the annual capacity of its Chennai factory, a senior member of its global planning team said that the Chennai factory is now indeed its largest manufacturing factory. Unofficial reports suggest that Chennai manufactures 100 million phones-plus every year.

Interestingly, over 70% of Nokia's 8000-strong employee pool at the Chennai plant are women involved in a mix of running productions lines, maintenance and assembly & testing operations.

Nokia operates nine state-of-the-art mobile phone manufacturing units worldwide which are located in India, Finland, China, Korea, Mexico, Brazil, Romania and Hungary. "The Chennai factory is the largest in Nokia's global ecosystem, although the dynamics in terms of productline vary in each market. But the international markets that we serve out of Chennai have seen the largest growth in terms of volume.

At present, Nokia ships GSM phones from Chennai factory to over 50 markets spanning South East Asia Pacific, India, the Middle East and Africa," said a senior official who did not wish to be named. Fastest ramp-up in TN

A NOKIA India spokesman said: "As a company policy, we do not share specific capacity numbers of our factories worldwide. All I can confirm at this stage is that our Chennai operation has seen the fastest ever ramp-up across our nine cellphone manufacturing plants. The ramp-up is in terms of the unprecedented growth in cellphone production volumes within a three-year span."

The latest development is seen as a milestone of sorts for the Finnish cellphone maker and is in sync with its plans to take big strides to grow the Indian handset turf. It also comes at a time when the world's top cellphone makers under the ambit of the Indian Cellular Association (ICA) are targeting a national production volume of 250 million mobile handsets by calendar 2012. Several presentations have been recently made to the *** by the manufacturing advisory committee. The larger objective of players like Nokia, Samsung, Motorola and Spice is the creation of an additional 1 lakh jobs during 2009-14 in cellphone manufacturing, assembling, R&D and design sectors.

ChipTest - News

Natronix : India News

Nokia India Manufactures 500 mn Handsets – New Dual SIM Phone Soon

Nokia-Siemens’ Indian plant sees production output surge by 25% Y-O-Y.

Am sorry for my poor english on my previous post. I think you are pointing out the China's advantage over India on Red Tapes. But i tell you what china cant afford to increase wages as workers demand. It will leads to new problem for chinese economy. Chinese are now facing same problem as every other developed nation. Which is demand for High Fi Life style. Its a Bubble in Chinese economy waiting to burst.China is very well aware of it. China hold largest US Bond too. Its in trillions. Sure china wont get it back. Matter of fact is Chinese super power abtion rest with USA's economical growth too. If dollars sinks it will leads to total disaster for Chinese. Thats the reason BRICS nations want to to do bussiness with their own currency than in Dollars . We must wait and watch the situation. IT IS Amzing :smitten: .Yen want to dominate Dollars .Yen is under valued in many folds. Real value of yen against China is higher than what it is now. One hand Chinese Yen want to out perform Dollar on the other hand Dollar needs to stay afloat its in chinese intrest too . Great to watch these developments as an INDIAN :yay::chilli:

Bro, you are all over the place with your argument.

First of all Yen is Japanese currency, the chinese currencies are yuan and renminbi.

secondly Chinese hold 1.2 trillion in US treasury bonds which at the moment is AAA rated - these bonds are 10 year bonds and dividents are paid every year. US treasury bonds have paid back quite good dividents and will hold solid for a decade - no hassles there and all present bond holders are in the safe zone.

Thirdly, CCP has already increased wages by 20% across the industrial spectrum and this is done to make their manufacturing go up the value chain slightly.

Fourth, Chinese industry is heavily advantaged vis a vis Indian industry - not only bcos of red tape also judiciary, politics, bad taxation, bad infrastructure etc, while chinese industry are mostly state owned and enjoy complete benefits of the states beaurocracy, banks, departments etc.

Fifth, chinese currency is pegged aagainst the dollar and the chinese have till now kept it artificially undervalued to increase their competitiveness and make more margins by way of exports - they play their game smartly and all their moves are well planned.

The bubbles you are talking about is
1. credit bubble - brought on by excessive lending without due diligence and ending up with huge bad debts.
2. housing bubble - brought on by excessive construction which was meant to keep their growth rates high and also the chinese intend to move millions of their rural folk into urban centers.
3. Shadow banking - again brought on by excessive non banking lending.

secondly Chinese hold 1.2 trillion in US treasury bonds which at the moment is AAA rated - these bonds are 10 year bonds and dividents are paid every year. US treasury bonds have paid back quite good dividents and will hold solid for a decade - no hassles there and all present bond holders are in the safe zone.

Thirdly, CCP has already increased wages by 20% across the industrial spectrum and this is done to make their manufacturing go up the value chain slightly.

Fourth, Chinese industry is heavily advantaged vis a vis Indian industry - not only bcos of red tape also judiciary, politics, bad taxation, bad infrastructure etc, while chinese industry are mostly state owned and enjoy complete benefits of the states beaurocracy, banks, departments etc.

Fifth, chinese currency is pegged aagainst the dollar and the chinese have till now kept it artificially undervalued to increase their competitiveness and make more margins by way of exports - they play their game smartly and all their moves are well planned.

The bubbles you are talking about is
1. credit bubble - brought on by excessive lending without due diligence and ending up with huge bad debts.
2. housing bubble - brought on by excessive construction which was meant to keep their growth rates high and also the chinese intend to move millions of their rural folk into urban centers.
3. Shadow banking - again brought on by excessive non banking lending.
Bro i will get back to u tomo am seriously Drunk ;)

So can we hope that Indian economy will soon grow like China's in 1990s ??:cool:
58hzg.gif

Back
Top Bottom