American Pakistani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian-origin player denied visa to Pakistan
Karachi: May 12, 2012

f98be62c1f31bbb7a8e059fd2bbf7457.jpeg

A cricket club from Canada, which was due to take part in a lucrative T20 tournament in the city, has pulled out of the event after some of its players of Indian origin were denied visas to visit Pakistan.

An organiser of the Champions League confirmed that Canada's Berry Cricket Club (BCC), which included some members of the Canadian national team, had pulled out of the tournament.

"Apparently three of their players who are of Indian origin were not given visas for Pakistan," he said.

The 32-team event, scheduled to launch here on May 21, has foreign clubs from Canada, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, Afghanistan, Sharjah, Sri Lanka etc. taking part in it.

The official said the Canadian club had agreed to play in the competition if all of its players were issued visas by the Pakistani authorities.

"But since three of their players have not been given visas they have now pulled out which is very disappointing a setback for us," he said.

He said MNA Syed Asif Hasnain who is chief organiser had tried to get the matter resolved by contacting higher authorities in Islamabad but things didn't work out.

The organising committee then turned towards the US cricket association to send a team and even agreed to pay half their air-fare but have not got a favourable response.

The Champions League, scheduled to be held at different centres in the city, has attracted wide attention because of its prize purse and the presence of foreign players.

Pakistan's former captain, Rashid Latif who is in the organising committee, said meetings had been held with the administrator and commissioner of Karachi along with other top officials to ensure top security during the event.(PTI)

Indian-origin player denied visa to Pakistan | Cricket News & Articles | CricketCountry.com

IMO Ban that club from participating ever again.

It is sad to see pathetic attitude of Pakistani officials not issuing visas to Indian origin players playing on behalf of Canadian club

If there was no genuine reason of rejecting their visa... We are at fault this time

its very disappointing not to issue visas to indian origin players especially knowing that they are canadians not indians, esp when barry was the only western club to participate

its not a 32 team event its a 40 teams event, and i dont think that any sri lankan club is participating

well i knew barry club was gonna participate and i was wondering why they were not in the final list

any how

here are some interesting statistics

7 overseas clubs
16 karachi clubs :P
17 other pakistani clubs

12 matches will be played in 5 different karachi stadiums on the same day :P

50% of the matches will be played under flood lights

the event will conclude in a week

Good! All foreigners of indian origin should not be given a Visa to Pakistan.

And to those Pakistanis who are objecting to this, i'll ask you one question: Would india give visa to anyone of Pakistani origin? No!!

Huun..? I'd be more interested in trying to find out why they were not issued any visas ?

I don't know if officials did rite or wrong but what i mean was that after that club's pulling out from the tournament the management had to go through problems & some tough tasks, obviously many sponsors/etc would raise some concerns too. So that was my point why i said to ban that club ever again.

And to those Pakistanis who are objecting to this, i'll ask you one question: Would india give visa to anyone of Pakistani origin? No!!

1) I think they would

2) If they didn't, do you also want to behave like Indians? then what is the difference between you and them

Azhar Mahmood is in India right now, playing in IPL.:lol:

1) I think they would

2) If they didn't, do you also want to behave like Indians? then what is the difference between you and them

Azhar Mahmood is playing in IPL, from Kings Eleven Punjab side.

But on British passport... not Pakistani passport

Yeah well these players were Canadian(probably had Canadian passport), of Indian origin. Pretty unexpected though, specially when Pakistan desperately needs foreign team visits.

Yeah well these players were Canadian(probably had Canadian passport), of Indian origin. Pretty unexpected though, specially when Pakistan desperately needs foreign team visits.

True that is why I am against this decision... even if they were playing on Indian passport, it shouldn't be an issue

Visa should be issued for any player unless you are satisfied that he will leave the country after playing games and will not be involved in any criminal activities. Canadian does not need to work in Pakistan so the first requirement already fulfilled, he is most likely not going to be involved in any criminal activity based upon his previous track record so visa should be issued straight away IMO

Leave alone India, no country wants to admit a pakistani into their territory because of their suspicion of a Pakistani being a terrorist. But nobody thinks about Indian in this regard.

You simply don't want to let Indian origin player enter Pakistan just to boost your already hurt ego.

It is their country - Pakistan has own laws. They must have reasons. It is always difficult for Indian and Pakistani origin people to get visas in third countries.

Back
Top Bottom