Votes: 34 20.6%
  • 4-7

Votes: 76 46.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • >10

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
Now we need a gold somewhere and last year's tally will be bettered. Come on Mary Kom and Sushil Kumar.

oye mithai lao mithai..after all ek silver to haat aya.. :yahoo:

Regardless of the number of medals we end up winning this has been the best Olympics yet for India. Many athletes missed medals by small margins. At least our athletes now can have the confidence that they belong to that stage, that confidence was never there before.

But getting banged by Germans in hockey, what is wrong with Indian hockey ?

Whatever is wrong with all athletic events. Hockey is not the game of skills any more like it was in the 40's and 50's. Speed and stamina counts more in modern hockey, and thats where the Indian team lacks.

Whatever is wrong with all athletic events. Hockey is not the game of skills any more like it 40's and 50's. Speed and stamina counts more in modern hockey, and thats where the Indian team lacks.

Exactly, These days its about....OutRun and OutLast.....

Now we need a gold somewhere and last year's tally will be bettered. Come on Mary Kom and Sushil Kumar.

dont forget our Vijendra and Vikas can get one medal for sure..Vijendra is just one win away for a medal..

MeanWhile Jai Ho song running in theater were 20M rifle competition was taking place...These Brits only know us by Slumdog movie...I had an argument with a brit here in my hostel at Manchester....Took me 20 mins to broaden his thinking...Idiots!!

Whatever is wrong with all athletic events. Hockey is not the game of skills any more like it 40's and 50's. Speed and stamina counts more in modern hockey, and thats where the Indian team lacks.

Right

But technique and speed both works, Koreans are good combination of both and I can predict a medal for them. Yes Germans were out running Indians. I know one western team coach who did selection of fast runners over players with great technique for both men and women's team.

70633470.png

I am expecting:

Gold : either shushil kumar or mary kom or both
silver: one of the boxers
bronze: saina (and may be Paes/Mirza)
=====================================

slight chances for medal (IMO) :

narang has 50 mtr prone left
krishna punia's event

------------------------------

so we can expect 5- 6 medals in the end

Back