What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
I sincerely hope that Indian athletes win some medals at Rio for 1.3 billion people, any color, just don't let it be zero. If Vietnam and Philippine can win medals, there is no excuse for India not to win anything.

Well a pretty important tennis match is coming up later today (its been delayed). If india wins, a gold or silver is guaranteed.

I am confident that at least one of the 2 boxers remaining will pull through....and some medals should come from other places like wrestling (hasnt started yet), hockey (mens) and badminton. I dunno how much shooting is left with indian competitors but that and archery have been the let downs as far as early medals go...

Good to know the actual spending on primary education is increasing, and the execution on local level should follow through. I have read some time ago that many primary school teachers did not show up for work on regular basis. I hope Modi government can address this problem at least, and that will be a concrete improvement.

There is a new education policy that specifically focuses on the local infra, teacher training and teacher absenteeism. They are bringing a real time monitoring framework in giving each school a sort of rating system so the problem schools can be fixed. We will have to see how it is implemented this year and the next....but the fact they are actually putting some competent ministers and bureaucrats who seem to care gives me hope (just judging by the depth of the papers I read that they have released compared to the previous administration which gave targets but did not flesh out any details much less appoint competent administrators).

Shouldn't even participate and save the audiences the humiliation by watching the shameful displayed of the Indian athletic.
Do you bunch of morons even know about the spirit of Olympics?

Judging by your posts i am sure you suck in your life more than Indian sucks in the Olympics, LOL

Shouldn't even participate and save the audiences the humiliation by watching the shameful displayed of the Indian athletic.
Then close ur eyes then and stop watching us! Heck u can't name one indian athlete without googling

Stop being a Joke and troll somewhere else!

Yeah dude we suck at Olympics, you too can suck whatever or whoever's you want to. Plz stop trolling here. Your pure & high level of intellect is just not required here on this thread dedicated to India.

Bhabi sonia ka matach kab ha..they really fucked up timing..say one thing in fixture and happening opposite

Do you bunch of morons even know about the spirit of Olympics?

Judging by your posts i am sure you suck in your life more than Indian sucks in the Olympics, LOL

Then close ur eyes then and stop watching us! Heck u can't name one indian athlete without googling

Stop being a Joke and troll somewhere else!

guys just ignore him and report his post (like I did). He is not worth your time.

Yeah dude we suck at Olympics, you too can suck whatever or whoever's you want to. Plz stop trolling here. Your pure & high level of intellect is just not required here on this thread dedicated to India.

Same to you, ignore the troll.

Pathetic to say the least about Indian Olympian, it is rude and obnoxious to say it but it need to be say.

India hold their serve, 1 - 1 in first set.

UPDATE: India have 3 break points now yaaaay!

UPDATE: INDIA break early!!! 2 - 1 to India in first set, lets see if India can hold serve!

Haha Mirza just did a beautiful loft over the US heads hehe.

UPDATE: India hold their serve! 3 - 1 to India in First set...

Last edited:
I would love to see Indians standing on Olympic Podium, 1.3 billion should not be absent.

There is no sport culture in countries like India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh etc . People dont take sport as profession to give full commitment..Sports is hobby and also limited to very few sports like cricket hockey, tennis etc .. You cannot be good in those sports which you dont even understand when watch it for example chinese will not be competitive in cricket as never played it and has no interest in it..Most of these sports gymnastics, swimmers, sailing, diving etc need proper infrastructure and you cannot do good in these games without playing and practising it from young age

Back
Top Bottom