What's new

Indian Olympics Dream: Rio 2016

How Many Medals Will India win in Rio 2016?

• Total voters
Wrestling to come so there is still a good chance, Also that Gymnast who's making headlines.. But honestly a huge disappointment with such a large contingent.. If anyone says it's not he's just lying to himself

There have been 6 previous Summer Olympics out of the 37 India have taken part in they have not won any medals
Which gymnast?
In the upcoming game in 15 minutes?

Can I change my vote?
I voted for 1-3 and I meant Gold....

Dipa Karmakar
She reached the vault final,final will happen on 14
She has a pretty good chance for gold as she is performing better than the rest
Best wishes to her.
But i can't agree with "she is performing better than the rest".

Fcuk ... your were more optimistic than most Indians here. :p:
Well, when you vote in China, it generally means gold....
And I didn't really read the title.
If vote for total medals, I have no idea.
For any country, the number of total medals is 100% unpredictable unlike the number of gold.

The Indian Olympic committee was expecting double digit medals.

http://www.india.com/sports/expecti...ics-indian-olympic-association-chief-1343021/

Rio is turning out to be a hard slog.
No doubt it's hard for India in rio ... but this thread was about total medals for India not only gold. Hence I said the chinese poster was more optimistic than most indians. we would have been more happy with just 1 gold. And to be honest I would trade all other medals with one in field hockey.

Dipa Karmakar
She reached the vault final,final will happen on 14
She has a pretty good chance for gold as she is performing better than the rest

This is the problem with us Indians, that we sometimes refuse to see the truth.

Dipa Karmakar was the last person to qualify in vaults, and to say, "she is performing better than the rest."

The Gold is almost confirmed to go to Simone Biles.

gymnastics.jpg

Dipa is the last person to qualify.

Does this mean that she can't win a medal? NO.

But the chances of a medal are low, we would be lucky to have one, and the chances of Gold are close to zero.

This is the problem with us Indians, that we sometimes refuse to see the truth.

Dipa Karmakar was the last person to qualify in vaults, and to say, "she is performing better than the rest."

The Gold is almost confirmed to go to Simone Biles.

View attachment 324772

Dipa is the last person to qualify.

Does this mean that she can't win a medal? NO.

But the chances of a medal are low, we would be lucky to have one, and the chances of Gold are close to zero.

You seems to be one of very few Indian members who dare to openly admit this. :tup:

To realize Indian's Olympic dreams, something need to be changed:

1. nutritious diet;
2. sports culture;
3. government involvement

It will be hard, but it can be done. If China can do it, so can India.

Thank you Anti National Congress for ruling and ruining India for 6 decades and eating away all sports budgets and introducing a cancer culture of "recommendation" candidates in Indian sports.

Don't blame the party, blame the people who voted them in power.

Another day of competition has ended. India still hasn't won a medal. Will tomorrow be different?

Even the tiny country of Kosovo, participating in the Olympics for the first time, has won a gold medal.

Another day of competition has ended. India still hasn't won a medal. Will tomorrow be different?

Even the tiny country of Kosovo, participating in the Olympics for the first time, has won a gold medal.

India can still become a superpower without a single Olympic medal, as long as its defense budget amounts to 30-50% of that of US, according to some Indian friends here.

What events left for India to compete ? I have just seen one Indian boxer kumar just won tough boxing match againt Lithuanians and go to next round 16. Any hope in hockey after losing 6-1 to AUS?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom