What's new

Indian offer to sell Brahmos missiles to Vietnam stalled

It offers no modification or upgrade over Yakhont.

Its an export version of yakhont, sold to india on the 90s when USSR had desolved .. n russia was in a bad economic situation...

Its a short ranged , export version of Yakhont..
You know more than VN military planners?

Actually we did sell small arms and uavs to Vietnam in the past.

Brahmos is a russian exported Yakhont missile.

(Russians themselves dont use brahmos, coz it is an inferior short ranged version of yakhont, which they already operate).

I believe vietnam already has it.. and so do other countries like syria..
Brahmos is far and far superior from the yakhont that is derived from. Earlier India was not a party to MTCR so it was limited to 290 km range but india is now a member of MTCR so it can be used by Vietnam. The range can be enhanced as done by india but that will only be for MCTR signatories.

It offers no modification or upgrade over Yakhont.

Its an export version of yakhont, sold to india on the 90s when USSR had desolved .. n russia was in a bad economic situation...

Its a short ranged , export version of Yakhont..
It is neither an export version of yakhont nor it was the technology shared with india in 90's. Please read some before making bs claims.

VN wants to acquire missile technology. Not just to buy it.
yakhont: I don't think vietnam will be acquire it due to it range in the limitation to MTCR.
Brahmos: You should be able to acquire. As much I might be a supporter, I am afraid technology would be a problem since that is reused for the whole generation of missiles like brahmos air defense, land attack and brahmos-A. Therefore the key missile technology transfer will be a NO.

Brahmos is far and far superior from the yakhont that is derived from. Earlier India was not a party to MTCR so it was limited to 290 km range but india is now a member of MTCR so it can be used by Vietnam. The range can be enhanced as done by india but that will only be for MCTR signatories.

It is neither an export version of yakhont nor it was the technology shared with india in 90's. Please read some before making bs claims.

yakhont: I don't think vietnam will be acquire it due to it range in the limitation to MTCR.
Brahmos: You should be able to acquire. As much I might be a supporter, I am afraid technology would be a problem since that is reused for the whole generation of missiles like brahmos air defense, land attack and brahmos-A. Therefore the key missile technology transfer will be a NO.
You understand Vietnam already have it. Also, if MTCR is a problem, the Yakhont variant would be an oxymoron.

Export version of Yakhont, did you do any research before posting this or are you just pulling things out of your ***.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-800_Oniks#Variants

read it

You understand Vietnam already have it. Also, if MTCR is a problem, the Yakhont variant would be an oxymoron.

Export version of Yakhont, did you do any research before posting this or are you just pulling things out of your ***.

read it
If you had read "MY post" then you will know what I was talking about. Stop taking things out of context or air and shoving it under your rear.

Just to get you updated. this was said in context to "Brahmos".

If you had read "MY post" then you will know what I was talking about. Stop taking things out of context or air and shoving it under your rear.

Just to get you updated. this was said in context to "Brahmos".
what about the last two paragraphs. You know, the place where you said Vietnam doesn't have Yakhont.

Though i did misread the export of Yakhont. It said neither.

Brahmos = russian export version of yakhont.

Brahmos = russian export version of yakhont.
Abe nahi.

Yakhont= Export version of Oniks(P800). The have different variants as well.
Brahmos= Entirely new missile based on the Oniks propulsion i.e. ramjet

Abe nahi.

Yakhont= Export version of Oniks(P800). The have different variants as well.
Brahmos= Entirely new missile based on the Oniks propulsion i.e. ramjet
Yakhont = Oniks(P800)
The P-800 Oniks (Russian: П-800 Оникс; English: Onyx), also known in export markets as Yakhont (Russian: Яхонт; English: ruby), is a Soviet/Russian supersonic anti-ship cruise missile developed by NPO Mashinostroyeniya as a ramjet version .

Brahmos = another export version sold to india.

Yakhont = Oniks(P800)
The P-800 Oniks (Russian: П-800 Оникс; English: Onyx), also known in export markets as Yakhont (Russian: Яхонт; English: ruby), is a Soviet/Russian supersonic anti-ship cruise missile developed by NPO Mashinostroyeniya as a ramjet version .

Brahmos = another export version sold to india.
I am not going to waste my time any more but here is the source where you got above information.

Does Russia allow India to sell a third party the entire technology?

If Russia allowed indians to do so, what is the difference from they themselves selling it to Vietnam?
You still don't get it.

Russia already okays to the sale of the brahmos missile to Vietnam but India not yet. Should India say ok, Vietnam will import the missile. In the second stage VN seeks to buy the technology. Again, both Russia and India have to agree. If both say ok and transfer the blueprint we will mass produce the missile. Our enemies are too many, we will send the missiles into their mouths and territories.

In parallel VN negotiates in a separate deal with Russia to import some more toys such as iskander and to buy the blueprint of yakhont.

It is just a small part of VN military buildup.

You should know if a war breaks out we want to win it.

Vietnam's decision comes in the wake of India's stand-down at Doklam. India's unilateral withdrawal and retreat seriously damaged its credibility. The Vietnamese have been left to doubt whether India is a reliable partner and whether, if they get into trouble with China, they can rely on India for support and maintenance of the equipment.

lol you can tell this when china completes construction of road in doklam until then its a defeat for China. And a win for ASIA as the Chinese have said.

Better take care of yourself instead of other. Even a 10 year little boy outside China realizes after the end of China/India standoff: Chinese strategy sucks.
Any strategy needs strength to support it.

To put it simply, India has no strength to support its strategy. Economy, military, industry, life expectancy, literacy, HDI, urbanization... Where do you think India is stronger than China?

Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, and even Philippines are China's weapons customers. China's influence in these areas should not be overlooked. You talk to me about China's strategy?

Talking about missile technology? China exported DF-3 ballistic missiles to Saudi in 1988. And DF-21 exports Saudi in 2006.

Well, Vietnamese thought if it didn't help India against China during Doklam stand off and India had to chicken out, how useful it will be for us?

lol you can tell this when china completes construction of road in doklam until then its a defeat for China. And a win for ASIA as the Chinese have said.
But it's a pity... China's road construction has not stopped.
Can an agricultural country stop an industrialized country?:lol:

Any strategy needs strength to support it.

To put it simply, India has no strength to support its strategy. Economy, military, industry, life expectancy, literacy, HDI, urbanization... Where do you think India is stronger than China?

Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia, and even Philippines are China's weapons customers. China's influence in these areas should not be overlooked. You talk to me about China's strategy?

Talking about missile technology? China exported DF-3 ballistic missiles to Saudi in 1988. And DF-21 exports Saudi in 2006.
You are missing the broad picture.
Plus your view is as followed: China is big, hence other must knee down before you and hand over the last underwear to Xi Jinping.

Back
Top Bottom