What's new

Indian offer to sell Brahmos missiles to Vietnam stalled

That will actually destroy the deal. The LCA Tejas has become a white elephant which has neither entered service, nor stopped eating funds, and has forced the IAF to look for the import of a second fighter jet from abroad. Why would Vietnam want to get saddled with such a monumental failure?

If that is the case, Vietnam would be better off dealing directly with Russia. India only has a history of defrauding its allies.
VN is on the market for ICBM and other fun toys. We seek in Russia as well as India. Pakistan is welcome to sell to Vietnam. We will make you rich.

:-)

VN is on the market for ICBM and other fun toys. We seek in Russia as well as India. Pakistan is welcome to sell to Vietnam. We will make you rich.

I don't think the VN will be looking at ICBM's. Unless Vietnam wants to destroy another country on a different continent, ICBM's would be overkill.

Other than that, I think it is all about politics right now. Pakistan is iron brother of China, and unless Vietnam wants to establish peaceful relations with China, I don't think they will accept Pakistani weapons.

But Brasmos come from Russia too. So why don't you just make a deal with Russia?
brahmos is a joint Russia/India development. any sale needs approval of both. Russia agrees to the sale, but India is reluctant in fear because the Chinese can run amok.

I don't think the VN will be looking at ICBM's. Unless Vietnam wants to destroy another country on a different continent, ICBM's would be overkill.

Other than that, I think it is all about politics right now. Pakistan is iron brother of China, and unless Vietnam wants to establish peaceful relations with China, I don't think they will accept Pakistani weapons.
You are right. ICBM is overkill. Maybe later. Besides Yakhon and Brahmos, and it is not a secret VN has long tried to convince Russia to transfer strategic missile Iskander. I believe we are now very close to the decision.

IMG_3504.JPG

http://tass.com/defense/962806

Actually we did sell small arms and uavs to Vietnam in the past.

brahmos is a joint Russia/India development. any sale needs approval of both. Russia agrees to the sale, but India is reluctant in fear because the Chinese can run amok.

You are right. ICBM is overkill. Maybe later. Besides Yakhon and Brahmos, and it is not a secret VN has long tried to convince Russia to transfer strategic missile Iskander. I believe we are now very close to the decision.

View attachment 422107

Brahmos is a russian exported Yakhont missile.

(Russians themselves dont use brahmos, coz it is an inferior short ranged version of yakhont, which they already operate).

I believe vietnam already has it.. and so do other countries like syria..

Actually we did sell small arms and uavs to Vietnam in the past.

Brahmos is a russian exported Yakhont missile.

(Russians themselves dont use brahmos, coz it is an inferior short ranged version of yakhont, which they already operate).

I believe vietnam already has it.. and so do other countries like syria..
there is big room for military cooperation between Pakistan and Vietnam.

VN has Yakhont for coastal defense and the Kilo carry Kalibr missiles. Thru brahmos and islander We seek to acquire modern missile technology to make our missiles by ourselves. We want to bless our enemy territories by "made in VN" missiles.

This India will be a very big trouble maker and headache for China soon.

China should be very assertive and proactive against India.

China should make heavy presence in Sri lanka and Maldives.

China should help BD to oust it's illegal Indian puppet govt and sell missiles, subs and arms to BD.

And if possible extent China border to BD.

Last edited:
there is big room for military cooperation between Pakistan and Vietnam.

VN has Yakhont for coastal defense and the Kilo carry Kalibr missiles. Thru brahmos and islander We seek to acquire modern missile technology to make our missiles by ourselves. We want to bless our enemy territories by "made in VN" missiles.
Yakhont has land attack mode too.

VN wants to acquire missile technology. Not just to buy it.

Does Russia allow India to sell a third party the entire technology?

If Russia allowed indians to do so, what is the difference from they themselves selling it to Vietnam?

Yakhont has land attack mode too.
As said, not necessary because the Kilo subs can bombard enemy land targets by Kalibr missiles. We would love to have iskander as tactical and strategic weapons.

IMG_3505.JPG

Oh, you miss understood me. I mean even Brasmos was developed by Russia, based on their own Yakhont missile. So why don't you just go to Russia for missiles, rather than buy something from the second hand seller. Should go to First hand seller instead.

Oh, you miss understood me. I mean even Brasmos was developed by Russia, based on their own Yakhont missile. So why don't you just go to Russia for missiles, rather than buy something from the second hand seller. Should go to First hand seller instead.
brahmos is a further development of Yakhont. Again, VN wants to access to missile technology.

brahmos is a further development of Yakhont. Again, VN wants to access to missile technology.
It offers no modification or upgrade over Yakhont.

Its an export version of yakhont, sold to india on the 90s when USSR had desolved .. n russia was in a bad economic situation...

Its a short ranged , export version of Yakhont..

This means Vietnam doesn't think India is dependable or reliable. If and when war breaks out between China and Vietnam, then India will weasel out of its political and military support for Vietnam.

Back
Top Bottom