What's new

Indian Navy News & Discussions

It's hard to read the tail number on this P-8 and if it is a P-8I, where are the IN's markings?

here is the full resolution image .. serial number visible clearly

the IN markings yet to come

1346354497000551569.jpg

God dammit, these clowns in the MoD- delay, delay, delay and when the vendor informs them that they cannot validate a price they entered for a contest 3+ years ago, these idiots lose their minds and before you know it start shouting re-tender!

It is all too predictable, this has killed how many vital defence deals now?

That's it MoD, build $1BN USD destroyers and fly 40+ year old Sea King ASW helos off them, that's really going to make those PLA(N) subs who are probing the IOR think twice!

western-naval-command-wins-indian-navy-cross-country-championship.jpg

By PTI | 8 Aug, 2015, 07.31PM IST
Western Naval Command wins Indian Navy Cross-Country championship - The Economic Times

KOZHIKODE: Western Naval Command won the Indian Navy Cross-Country championship conducted at the Indian Naval Academy (INA) at nearby Ezhimala today.

Western Naval commands' Praveen Kumar claimed the first position clocking 42.09 minutes followed by Ananda Ram and Ranjan Kumar with a timing of 42.12 and 42.20 minutes respectively, a press release said here.

Nine runners each from the Eastern, Western and Southern Commands of the Navy participated in the event which tests the limits of physical endurance, determination and will power of the participants who ran a course of 12 kms across the varied terrains of Ezhimala.

Vice Admiral Ajit Kumar presented the trophies and individual medals.

Updated: August 11, 2015 05:47 IST
Top Army general visits INA - The Hindu
11tvkr-ina_jpg__11_2505857f.jpg

Indian Naval Academy Commandant Vice Admiral P. Ajit Kumar receiving Lt. Gen. A.K. Sahni, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief, South Western Army Command, on his arrival at the INA in Kannur on Sunday.

Lieutenant General A.K. Sahni, General Officer Commanding-in-Chief (GOC-in-C), South Western Army Command, concluded his official visit to the Indian Naval Academy (INA) at Ezhimala here on Monday. The INA in a release said he was received by Vice Admiral P. Ajit Kumar, Commandant of the INA, on August 9. During his visit, Lt. Gen. Sahni was briefed about the training methodology and various activities and training infrastructure at the academy. On Monday, he addressed officers and cadets at the INA on ‘‘Future challenges in military leadership.’’

He also visited the training facilities and support infrastructure, including simulators, small arms and seamanship trainers, training squadrons, outdoor training facilities, and various engineering laboratories, among others.

The press release informed that the visiting GOC-in-C interacted with retired army officers of Kannur.

That is possibly an IN P-8I. It has the MAD "stinger" on the tail and the aft radar. These are not there on the P-8As.
Also after looking at these photos, there are 2 bumps on the American ones. Check this photo. Just near the edges of the umbrella. Had clicked it in Paris.
Poseidon back.JPG

Here is a side view.
Poseidon back 2.JPG

Just above the buoy dispenser. Clearer photo.

Attachments

• Poseidon Buoys.JPG
    Poseidon Buoys.JPG
    740.4 KB · Views: 42
Also after looking at these photos, there are 2 bumps on the American ones. Check this photo. Just near the edges of the umbrella. Had clicked it in Paris.View attachment 245700

Here is a side view.
View attachment 245704

Just above the buoy dispenser. Clearer photo.

This is a different thing. The photograph that I referred to has the MAD Boom "Stinger" sticking straight out behind the tail; that is not present in the P-8A..... since the USN did not want the MAD on their aircraft just as they did not want the Telephonics rear-facing Aft Radar, which the P-8I has.

This is a different thing. The photograph that I referred to has the MAD Boom "Stinger" sticking straight out behind the tail; that is not present in the P-8A..... since the USN did not want the MAD on their aircraft just as they did not want the Telephonics rear-facing Aft Radar, which the P-8I has.

Yup. Understood the mad thing. Was trying to say, this also seems to be a difference.

Back
Top Bottom