What's new

Indian Navy Gets US Go-ahead to Deploy EMALS and AAG on its New Supercarrier

Is this true, Indian friends?
For long, the Indian Army has attempted to find a replacement for its 5.56mm indigenous INSAS (Indian small arms system) rifle,which is currently in use. India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) had started work on the INSAS rifles in the early 1980s based on some foreign weapon designs, including the Kalashnikov. The prototype was finally designed in 1986 and went into bulk production in 1994. These rifles were introduced as a replacement for the much heavier 7.62mm self-loading rifles.
But the INSAS rifles were also known to have defects, which became increasingly prominent after the Kargil war of 1999. In 2003, for instance, a major revamp of the rifle was carried out as it reportedly splashed oil on the faces of soldiers while firing, if excess oil was used to clean the weapon. In 2010, before the tender was issued, as many as 69 incidents or defects were reported.

“It is inefficient and unable to operate in cold and hot climates,” said Hardy. This is a problem given the frontline terrain where the Indian Army is deployed.
https://qz.com/443678/indias-soldie...t-with-clunky-outdated-and-unreliable-rifles/

Really ? Where did you hear that we wanted consultancy ? Don't lie stupid.

We are the one of the only two countries presently involved in the development of SFBRs. You can keep crying though.
You can believe whatever you want to believe. Are you sure China isn't involved in Fast Breeder Reactors?

That's what I was talking about, genius.
There is a difference between had a problem and having a problem. INSAS is having a problem.

INSAS Excalibur, the intermediate AR for the Army until we shift to 7.62 NATO.
Still waiting...I heard your military just had a rfi for foreign rifles, rejected?

ou can believe whatever you want to believe.

Haha, so that's what all you have to say after your lies were exposed ?

Are you sure China isn't involved in Fast Breeder Reactors?

You'll take decades to reach our level with a commercial FBR reactor.

There is a difference between had a problem and having a problem. INSAS is having a problem.

INSAS problems were solved long before & it is the standard AR for the Army.

Still waiting...I heard your military just had a rfi for foreign rifles, rejected?

Apparently the tender was for Multi Cal rifle, which was scrapped. :lol:

Yes you got me, I give up. , google is banned in Vancouver, China!

Google it.

God almighty. INS Vishal probably won't enter service before 2030 and we are discussing "2nd country after US to have EMALS". Ridiculous.

We are used to it. India has "declared" a lot more things. You do have a more rational logic than most your compatriots. :enjoy:

We are used to it. India has "declared" a lot more things. You do have a more rational logic than most your compatriots. :enjoy:

Which other countries are building CATOBAR aircraft carriers with EMALS ?

Which other countries are building CATOBAR aircraft carriers with EMALS ?
Let's wait for 2025 then we shall see. Consider INS Vishal commissioned by then according to plan.

You are NOT building a CATOBAR AC with EMALS. You are TALKING about you WILL BE BUILDING it. Why are you guys always mixed up with Tenses?

Designing is a part of building & it is underway.

Back
Top Bottom