What's new

Indian Muslim Lawmaker Assaulted and Beaten for Taking Oath in Hindi

28000 farmers committed suicide, everyone facing problems, still naxalism is small in maharashtra, compare it with other states affected with naxals, you will thank people of maharashtra

Dude are you laboring under the marathi manoos delusion that I do not appreciate the state I live in and have CHOSEN to call my own?

Are you trying to insinuate that because you drive in a luxury car (I drive a Baleno .... which wheels do you own?) yet know a lot about local trains, and probably speak marathi too, that you are somehow a better citizen than me?

Are you taking the moral high ground and positioning yourself as the son of the soil in front of the migrant Bihari perchance?

I can only shake my head in bewildered exasperation bhai ..... and I use that word with the weight it deserves.

I grew up in Bihar. I live in Maharashtra.

I love Maharshtrians as a very sweet, laid back (Poona at lest .... definitely not your city), cultured, civilized and law abiding people. I have a theory that you can gauge a people by its local police, and Poona police are the coolest mamus around!:smitten:

I honestly feel Poona is the best city in India to live in and to bring up my family, and have therefore CHOSEN not to move elsewhere even at the cost of better offers from the bigger metros.

What is wrong is wrong buddy. Calling a spade a spade makes me no less a man than you. No less of a Maharashtrian (though i truly give no weightage to that), and most definitely no less an Indian.

Jai Hind.

Cheers, Doc

Navin Patnaik is a Oriya and son of of the greatest leader Orissa.
He has been trying to learn odia since then...never even tried to used punjabi(his mother tongue) or hindi in orissa.

He used English, which we got because the Brits ruled us for over 200 years tsk tsk, so in your book English is fine Hindi, Punjabi isn't :cheesy:

Yes, English is fine. Its an international language, and it ensures that the rest of India doesn't get dominated by chauvinistic UPites and Biharis.

He used English, which we got because the Brits ruled us for over 200 years tsk tsk, so in your book English is fine Hindi, Punjabi isn't :cheesy:

When british left hardly 15,000 could speak English. It was us (INDIANS) who thought at that time English should be continued because it was easy to invest in libraries with English books on Engineering, Science and Technology than translating it into many languages.

The figure from 15,000 to 200 million English speaking people shot up in the years after independence.

And english also derives from Sanskirt...;)

If they were selfish they could have easily kicked most of the Non-Maharashtirans out.

Vsdoc is staying in Maharashtra for 20 years & my family came here in 1920's. Never faced a problem. In the 60's i think our shop was burnt but they were not killing people or neither did they kick some one out of the state.

But today the problem is not just with Maharashtra but with other states also. Instead of looking at the main problem we are fighting with each other.

Funny Country. I hope another Kasab visits Mumbai or other state on 26/11. Things will cool down...:)

What are you smoking dude? Every Indian has a right to make Mumbai his or her home or I have a better idea for the likes of you and raj thakrey kick out BSE, Bollywood, Tatas, Birlas, Godrejs, Ambanis out of Mumbai and no soul will ever come down to Mumbai

Do you seriously beleive migration is a Mumbai specific phenemenon and will you disagree that every big and progressive city on the face of this planet is cosmopolitian

Well Mumbai is cosmopolitian (remember the tatas, birlas, ambanis, hiranandanis) and the rest of maharashtra is not much different from Orissa, is it?

Mumbai is also the capital of Maharashtra genius. And the rest of Mahashtra is atleast better than most of Orissa. Atleast the Maoists haven't managed to woo most of our people away thankfully, because they still identify with their state and their leaders.

Well I am not pessimistic, I beleive MLAs in Kerala assembly took oath in Kannada, what do you make out of that?

That's great, and frankly the South is far more ethical and patriotic than these Hindi chauvinists. I hope they learn a thing or two from states like Kerala. Thankfully, they haven't had to face the onslaught of dirty politics and politicians from the North.

First of all everyone calm down pls.

Second,its a stupid and cheap political drama, what ABu Azmi tried to do knowing well that MMS would react violently, only adding fuel to a very unnecessary controversy...he should've played down and kept low profile.

Third, those who think that mumbai is for marathi manoos,should go check their head with a doctor promptly...they are nutcases.

When Raj Thakeray was speaking in Hindi the Media Hijacked his comments. After that he stopped speaking in Hindi.

Watch his interview in TimesNow

MjhPfQAg3VM[/media] - Part 1 - Raj Thackeray's 1st Interview on National News Channel (Times Now)

KwQ4R0PYIgc[/media] - Part 2-Raj Thackeray's 1st Interview on National News Channel (Times Now)

So who's fault is it? of that of a poor migrant's? or does it give him licence to abuse and threaten others or use violence or gundagardi, Have a look at his MLAs, are these are the type of representatives we want or should have. The MNS fellow which was fighting election from my area had 54 criminal cases against him

MNS? ?SPOT NANA?, News - City - Mumbai Mirror,Mumbai Mirror

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you smoking dude? Every Indian has a right to make Mumbai his or her home or I have a better idea for the likes of you and raj thakrey kick out BSE, Bollywood, Tatas, Birlas, Godrejs, Ambanis out of Mumbai and no soul will ever come down to Mumbai

Raj Thakeray never said he going to Kick Biharis out of Mumbai.

Do you seriously beleive migration is a Mumbai specific phenemenon and will you disagree that every big and progressive city on the face of this planet is cosmopolitian

Brother,

The problem now is the people coming from North India are workign for very low salaries. Which creates problems for the locals and most of the Central Governments in Maharashtra jobs are going to them. Which is unacceptable to most of the states.

NO ONE SAID MAHARASHTRIANS SHOULD B PREFERRED OVER OTHER PEOPLE, PEOPLE FROM ALL THE STATES WHO ALREADY STAY HERE SINCE GENERATIONS SHOULD BE FIRST GIVEN OPPORTUNITIES AND INFRASTRUCTURE AND ONLY THEN FOR THOSE EXTRA VACANCIES SHOULD BE GIVEN TO PEOPLE WHO ARE RESIDENT IN OTHER STATE.

Firstly, stop writing in capitals. Not all us have a deficiency in reading English.

Secondly, so you're saying that only the people who live in Maharashtra should be given employment and only if there are vacancies, people of other states should be employed? So, in the financial capital - the dream of capitalists everywhere - you are advocating that people should disregard merit and give employment on the basis of reservation? Don't we have enough quotas already?

MUMBAI IS MAHARASHTRA'S CAPITAL MEANS FUNDS SHOULD BE ALLOTED TO FARMERS AND THOSE IN NEED ASAP. IE MUMBAI IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MAHARASHTRA BEFORE OTHER STATES.

So, instead of building malls, and all other elitist hangouts, perhaps you should ask the Maharashtra state government to spend its money wisely, instead of targetting the poorest people in the country. By the way, the Centre has already allotted money to improve the situation of farmers, It is another matter that inefficiency and corruption has resulted in money being kept in the pockets of politicians and IAS officers.

YES INHABITANTS OF ANY STATE DESERVE FIRST PREFERENCE TO BE GIVEN RATHER THAN CALLING IN PEOPLE FROM OTHER STATES WHILE ORIGINAL RESIDENTS ARE IN NEED

Lets be clear on who exactly are you talking about. Are you speaking of poor maharashtrian families who feel threatened, because a poor family from north India comes to Maharshtra and takes up employment? Okay, i see your point.

But you should not blame the people from poorer states who wish to take up employment. You should blame policies that results in elite people benefiting and poor people from ALL states losing out. There is enough money going around. Why doesnt the Maharshtra government spend its money on improving the lives of people in the state instead of buttkissing a few industrialists?

IF I ERECT A SLUM IN YOUR HOUSE NEMESIS WHAT COMPLAINT WILL YOU REGISTER?

I would not ask them to be thrown out of Delhi if that's what you're getting at. I will campaign that the state provide better housing for you in Delhi.

EXACTLY, BUT HERE THEY ARE GIVING FIRST PREFERENCE TO THESE ENCROACHMENT, 15000 CRORE IS ALLOTED TO THEM EVEN WHEN ORIGINAL HABITANTS ARE DYING BECAUSE OF BAD INFRASTRUCTURE
WHAT WILL YOU VOTE FIRST
HOUSES FOR ENCROACHERS
OR
TRAINS FOR PEOPLE DYING @4000

If they live in Mumbai - even if they are living in slums - they are Mumbaikers. It is irrelevant whether they originally come from other states. The state providing better housing for them is a good thing.

Infrastructure sucks in Mumbai because the Maharshtra state government and the muncipal corporations finds it better to sweep "bad areas" under the carpet and concentrates on south mumbai. Not because there is not enough money.

BUT WHEN MUMBAI PEOPLE LOSE THEIR COOL THEY ARE TAGGED AS TRAITORS

I call MNS traitors. Because that's what they are. Traitors. People who believe in Maharashtra over India.

A lot of people who die are the same "illegal" migrants you keep talking of. Campaigning for better infrastructure is one thing, launching a hate campaign against people from different parts of India is completely different.

The problem with you is that you are focusing your indignation on the wrong people. It is not poor migrants that are to blame for Mumbai's problems. Corrupt politicians and civil servants are too blame. They take most of the money that is given to them, and as a result everyone suffers.

Last edited:
So is Hindi and English in Maharashtra smarty pants

No,I 'm sure its marathi and English dumb head.

Hindi is used at the centre and those hindi speaking states.

Hindi isnt our national langugae...we dont have any national language in india.Instead we have what is called official languages .

As i said before Hindi is used at the centre and at those hindi speaking states along with english as official languages.

While in case of nonhindi speaking states,its their own regional language along with english used as the official langs of those states.

Last edited:
Raj Thakeray never said he going to Kick Biharis out of Mumbai.

Brother,

The problem now is the people coming from North India are workign for very low salaries. Which creates problems for the locals and most of the Central Governments in Maharashtra jobs are going to them. Which is unacceptable to most of the states.

And all that venom and abusing of somebody's culture is justified?

That's economy dude, market will shape itself, cheap labour is our USP, it keeps us competative (I'm a enterpreneur myself) and about jobs if they come all the way from 1000s of miles away and land a job I can't understand why a local can't

Back
Top Bottom