What's new

Indian Movie Dhoom-3 breaks Waar's Box Office Opening Record in Pakistan.

it is already a hit.. it got $11 million from satellite rights alone and dhoom 3 is running with avg 90% occupancy in every theater.

I think he meant the movie is not good. Commercially it will earn a lot.

As to the Indian influence by western culture.. what do you expect.. they've hammered slavery and inferiority into the region by ruling over for a 100 years directly then through Cathode ray tubes for the next 67.
As much as the "lady doth protest too much" attitude on women being frisked at the wrong places at airports... at the end the Indian will be happy to work under the western master for 1/8th of the pay a western guy would take. That is true psychological suppression... where you prefer to speak an amalgamation of a language that is more bad english mixed with Hindi than true Hindi(or Urdu) and go gaga over anything that sounds remotely western. When all a restaurant owner has to do is name his place "the Patio" in accented letters and sell you rice and lentil by calling it rissoto for Rs400 a place and you gladly dig in forgoing poor Raju's Food stall with better stuff at 1/10th of the cost.
That, is true rule.

I think he meant the movie is not good. Commercially it will earn a lot.
review says the climax scean lacks imagination.. other parts are very good.. amir and kathina had done an excellent job in that movie.

As to the Indian influence by western culture.. what do you expect.. they've hammered slavery and inferiority into the region by ruling over for a 100 years directly then through Cathode ray tubes for the next 67.
As much as the "lady doth protest too much" attitude on women being frisked at the wrong places at airports... at the end the Indian will be happy to work under the western master for 1/8th of the pay a western guy would take. That is true psychological suppression... where you prefer to speak an amalgamation of a language that is more bad english mixed with Hindi than true Hindi(or Urdu) and go gaga over anything that sounds remotely western. When all a restaurant owner has to do is name his place "the Patio" in accented letters and sell you rice and lentil by calling it rissoto for Rs400 a place and you gladly dig in forgoing poor Raju's Food stall with better stuff at 1/10th of the cost.
That, is true rule.

A speech worthy of an Indian communist

Yu forgot the part where Indian elite throw a hissy fit when westerners fail to view india through their prism.

When they get grouped with their less civilized brethren.

Khans make overrated crap

Last sensible movie made by a Khan was 3 idiots

A speech worthy of an Indian communist

I cant be a communist.. I still want my Billions.
I am not a total capitalist either.. since I dont like exploitation for the heck of exploitation.

Just to put things in perspective as to how big the movie market in India compared to Pakistan, it has earned over 300 million Indian rupees on the first day in India and that's after deducting the entertainment tax of close to 30% on average.

review says the climax scean lacks imagination.. other parts are very good.. amir and kathina had done an excellent job in that movie.

I'll watch it next week. The movie was shot in Chicago and I'm going there next week. So planning to watch it there. :P

Damn.. Pakistanis have so much money to waste on this crappy movie???
Pakistan is a poor country with rich people.

Anyone one tell me that Is this film better then waar?I don't care about how much it earned because I only watch good movies.:enjoy:

I cant be a communist.. I still want my Billions.
I am not a total capitalist either.. since I don't like exploitation for the heck of exploitation.

I am being serious. Your post was really close to a speech given by a Kerala communist in the 1970's.

That being said, I accept this colonization of the mind.

@Oscar we can discuss the western enslavement of the Indian mind,
But in the larger scheme of things, hell even in my personal scheme of things it doesn't matter.

The truth is, I am a willing participant in this colonization process.

I am an Indian living in new Zealand. My identities no longer serve as an anchor.

I have opted for westernization as an anchor in an alien country.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom