What's new

Indian Movie Dhoom-3 breaks Waar's Box Office Opening Record in Pakistan.

I disagree with that. Look at it this way. A Keralite will focus on what he brings to the table.. his culture.. his language.. his songs..and so on. Sure he appreciates what the rest of India has to offer but that is what he brings to the table.

Similarly.. India too is an amalgamation of many cultures with a central theme but all quite different..if Bengalis embrace their culture then by the virtue of Bengalis being in India or Bengalis being Hindu they do not embrace either.

Now, a 1000 years is when the outsiders made contact.. some preached .. some invaded.. and so on. That contact left its mark.. it created a people with an identity that took the inheritance of both. These people can then be classified as Hindu-Muslims... not Hinduism the religion.. but a mixture of the culture of the land and the religion Islam. Yet, they are not a subgroup of Hinduism the religion...but a different identity with different practices in many aspects..and similar practices in many aspects. Unless you are able to see and acknowledge that.. there will always be a two-nation theory sentiment present. The problem with Pakistani leadership in the past and today is that they refused to even acknowledge the Hindu ingredient in this mixture and tried to make banana shake using watermelons and then kept calling it a banana shake..nobody is going to buy it except a few idiots who dont know what bananas or watermelons taste like.

Bhai I'm only pointing out the enorminty of the task, and I think its improbable. Just read the post by iphone that quotes you, to understand how'India's inclusive idea totally checkmates your brothers at the very outset.

So this thread is about snubbing Pakistani movie Industry based on success of one of the biggest production houses in India.... This pettiness is itself is defeatist in nature (imo).... Is there a reason for Indian members to be cheerleaders for bollywood? or am I missing the point

How has Pakistan lost its culture to India? And that too by watching movies?

Are Pakistanis saying namaste to each other instead of Salam o Lakum? Are Pakistani men and women wearing red tikka on their foreheads?

Are we pronouncing our Z's as J's and our PH sounds as F's? Tell me what is that we have incorporated into our daily lives by watching Indian movies?

I think a lot of people take this movie watching buisness way too serious. A movie to me is a movie, a means of entertainment and nothing more.

Yes they are.. happening slowly .. khwab replaced by sapna.. mangal sutars being prepared.. bit by bit.. go check out a Pakistani wedding these days...go sit with kids whose mothers spend hours watching Indian serials.. .. or how 6 year olds get to watch Akshay khanna waltz around with women in bikinis since that does not qualify as adult.

Ioup of Hinduism the religion...but a different identity with different practices in many aspects..and similar practices in many aspects. Unless you are able to see and acknowledge that.. there will always be a two-nation theory sentiment present. The problem with Pakistani leadership in the past and today is that they refused to even acknowledge the Hindu ingredient in this mixture and tried to make banana shake using watermelons and then kept calling it a banana shake..nobody is going to buy it except a few idiots who dont know what bananas or watermelons taste like.

@Oscar read this awesome review of Dhoom 3.

you will love it.

Dhoom 3: Magic, no logic - The Hindu

So this thread is about snubbing Pakistani movie Industry based on success of one of the biggest production houses in India.... This pettiness is itself is defeatist in nature (imo).... Is there a reason for Indian members to be cheerleaders for bollywood? or am I missing the point

Yes. Jingoism. That is what over the top nationalism does to you. You end up supporting the bane of reason, logic and intelligent film making.

Indian movies are generally very well received in Pakistan, and the pakistani film goer is more forgiving to indian movies than an indian would ever be. Hence this should be taken in a positive light, instread of the rub it in your face attitude that had been displayed by both sides.

Yes they are.. happening slowly .. khwab replaced by sapna.. mangal sutars being prepared.. bit by bit.. go check out a Pakistani wedding these days...go sit with kids whose mothers spend hours watching Indian serials.. .. or how 6 year olds get to watch Akshay khanna waltz around with women in bikinis since that does not qualify as adult.

Haha ok if you say so. But I've met countless Pakistanis and none have come up to me said, namaste bahi or Bhagwan khair keray. I have also attended numerous Pakistani weddings and never have I seen the groom give mungel suter to his bride.

Kids sounding off dialogues of a Indian movie is a very petty and trivial thing which cynics love to blow out of proportion.

Nothing will happen to Pakistan's culture, rest assured.

yes it did .,... but im very disappointed with dhoom 3 ..it wasnt as good as dhoom or dhoom 2 .. bongiyan maryai hain .. too much flaws ... and that "rakshaw" was made in india i guess, he has gone through 3 walls ..there wasnt a single dent on it

P.S. And what will happen when the next big budget Pakistan movie breaks Dhoom 3's record? Will trolls be eating their own words?
But then Salman Khan's Jai Ho will create another record. ;)

yes it did .,... but im very disappointed with dhoom 3 ..it wasnt as good as dhoom or dhoom 2 .. bongiyan maryai hain .. too much flaws ... and that "rakshaw" was made in india i guess, he has gone through 3 walls ..there wasnt a single dent on it
You watch Indian movies. :azn:

We don't suffer from an inferiority complex like you guys. We have no intention in becoming westernised in our attire & salwar kameez can always be fashionable. It looks a lot better than some scruffy jeans & a shirt/tshirt
So those who don't wear salwar kameez have an inferiority complex? :undecided:

I need to visit a shrink now to check me out! :sad:

Dhoom 3 full bakwas movie. Dhoom 2 was the only good 1 in the series.

Rather people should watch the movie 'Chander Pahar' or 'The Mountain of the Moon'. That one has substance.

Back
Top Bottom