What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

If the target missile is the problem...why the hell they're delaying to June...thr r lots of Prithvi's in service..why take one or move and shoot....it won't take a few hours to move a missile...after all the interceptor is ready...anyway its due to the openness of Indian system that we're able to know the success & failures of defense systems...
The more we test the more capable will be systems.

It was not the same prithvi. It was modified for higher altitude. Creating longer range may be one of the reason.

the title is misleading. it should be "Agni missile to get multiple warheads carrying capability".

at first , i was thinking that India has made some breakthrough in nuclear warhead technology, something like W-88 mounted on the Trident II. after all, it took US more then 40 years, since 1945, to develop such small and light warheads. so i felt a little bit surprised to hear that "Agni missile to get multiple warheads"

If the target missile is the problem...why the hell they're delaying to June...thr r lots of Prithvi's in service..why take one or move and shoot....it won't take a few hours to move a missile...after all the interceptor is ready...anyway its due to the openness of Indian system that we're able to know the success & failures of defense systems...
The more we test the more capable will be systems.

This is exactly how India works. I had spoken to a scientist in IISE, Bangalore. He was running some tests in the wind tunnel for a few changes they had made to a missile head. The wind tunnel approximately costs around 1 lakh Rs for about an hour of tests, but to get that money released they need to plan and wait forever!!! There is so much paper work and bureaucracy that the process requires time.

good move by army. reducing collateral damage and increasing lethality.

israel need not be the one to get the contract. With increasing indo-US ties, USA can bag this order, if they are willing to give ToT.

It would have been grwat to see India develop this tech indegenously, but i don't think our tech is up to that level yet

Loitering Attack Munition (LAM)
Designed to fly to a preset area and loiter while autonomously seeking out targets.
[edit]Specifications
Weight: 117 lbs (45kg)
Diameter: 7 ins (18cm)
Length: 5 ft (1.5m)
Guidance: GPS/INS, laser radar (LADAR) seeker with automatic target recognition.[2]
Datalink: Networked for in-flight updates, retargeting and images.
Motor: Micro turbojet.
Range: 70 km with 30 min loiter time.

XM501 Non-Line-of-Sight Launch System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Each IAI Harop costs around 10 million(source: wikipedia). Seems bit too high for a single use weapon. Any comments guys?

By comparison a 4.5 million reusable Predator uses hellfire missiles($68,000 each).

Each IAI Harop costs around 10 million(source: wikipedia). Seems bit too high for a single use weapon. Any comments guys?

By comparison a 4.5 million reusable Predator uses hellfire missiles($68,000 each).

I don't think these missiles are ment to take out terrorists hiding in a house unless and until they are of the likes of Hafiz saeed or crook like Dawood...We would be more than happy to use two for each of these pigs...

I think this particular phrase sums it all...

The armed forces, of course, are still some years away from inducting combat UAVs like the American Predators, which let loose Hellfire missiles with devastating effect, which are being used in operations against the Taliban and al-Qaida in Afghanistan. They are, however, inducting some loitering killer drones like the Israeli Harpy UAVs, which are designed to detect and attack enemy radars as anti-radiation missiles.

Wouldn't uavs like predator serve the same purpose? It can hover above target and fire missiles at the right opportunity.

regards

Instead of talking about War and Killing, Let us talk about peace.

I am a regular reader of Daily Times articles. Agaisnt all odds (ISI, Military, Mullah, Taliban) see how this paper constantly FIGHTS for peace in this region.

This times it talks about and against Zaid Hamid, a war monger in Pakistan.

I am really moved by this Daily Time article.

dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\03\18\story_18-3-2010_pg3_6

Also, I want to remind my fellow Indians, dont blindly talk about War.

Outside this region, especially in Middle east Indians and Pakistanis are very friendly. They easily mingle with and Indian than with an Musilm Arab !

Instead of talking about War and Killing, Let us talk about peace.

I am a regular reader of Daily Times articles. Agaisnt all odds (ISI, Military, Mullah, Taliban) see how this paper constantly FIGHTS for peace in this region.

This times it talks about and against Zaid Hamid, a war monger in Pakistan.

I am really moved by this Daily Time article.

dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2010\03\18\story_18-3-2010_pg3_6

Also, I want to remind my fellow Indians, dont blindly talk about War.

Outside this region, especially in Middle east Indians and Pakistanis are very friendly. They easily mingle with and Indian than with an Musilm Arab !

Dost, there is a separate forum for Indo-Pak AMAN....better you post your posts there...all people posting in this forum/thread not necessarily want to go on a war but its abt their interest on defence related stuff...so dont worry..cheers...:cheers:

Let time come and we will see.India is very much backward in missile tech from Pakistan.Take it serious.

Let time come and we will see.India is very much backward in missile tech from Pakistan.Take it serious.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheesy:

*Made in Koria missiles,

*Made in china War head,

*No Home made Surface to air missile like Aakash

*No Supersonic Cruise missile like Bramhos(in 5 years future HYPERSONIC)

* No home made BVR missiles like Astra

* No Under water missile like Sagrika(K-15)

* No home made Third generation anti tank missile like Nag

* No AMB missiles like our Pritvi

* No Space programe like Our (No way near :cheesy:)

* No Money for all this thing.......

but ya stiil we will be backword then Pakistan!!!1:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

In driving there is one rule "Dont Drink and Drive"
There should be new rule in this foram " DONT DRINK AND WRITE ":woot:

By the way welcome to :pdf:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom