What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Hey friends,
Can ny1 tell me, which Indian ships carry "dhanush missiles" ??
from the pics it looks like the ship is a patrol boat(P 51)!!!
What is the maximum missiles that can be launched simultaneously, looks like the ship in pics has ability of launching only one at a time!!!
What about the helos, it seems to be the helo area doesnt it??
Also, are these pics the latest ones(ie todays launch)??
thanks

Dhanush can be launced from INS Sukanya Class, INS Rajput class

It is not a Petrol boat. It is INS Subhadra. It is a Sukanya Class Large Petrol Craft. It can carry one HAL Chetak light chopper. (More about Sukanya Class)

thanks
Yes, these pictures are of the test carried out on 13th December 2009. You can see P51 (INS Subhadra) in the picture.

Pics copy right Bharat Rakshak
A close up of the Dhanush launcher's stabilizer, built by Larsen & Toubro.
988bc977b0bea30f00b09b89eee0c238.jpg

A full scale mock up of the Dhanush
52376489b0bb3f64e12da9d30706c8fa.jpg

Interesting. Why does India choose to deploy a ballistic missile on a patrol ship? Isn't ballistic missile suppose to be hosted on subs, especially nuclear ones? There is nothing wrong when a missile is fired from a patrol boats. But its just odd. Either countrie like US, USSR, China, France and England missed something and failed to deploy a missile on a surface ship, much less a patrol ship, or India navy strategic planner really are desperate to deploy a naval base ballistic missile on a surface platforms that others countries regard as strategically unstable. Hopefully, India guard these patrol boats carefully as these smaller boats can easily be stolen, especially by the terrorists.

It is a testing from a moving platform .it will installed to warship when it is ready

What so funny if it is launch from destroyer, please care to explain...:what:

Its funny because most ballistic missiles are launched from submarines. As they are called SLBM. I guess the destroyer ones are called DLBM.

I'm not sure about most countries. But for the US, surface ships and especially aircraft carriers are use for conventional power projection. When it comes to nuclear weapons, they are placed in subs. The reason is that subs are much more quiet within the US arsenal. If all the ships are build around the same time, the sub can detect and sink a surface ship before the surface fleet can detect and sink a sub. As a result, all the strategic weaponary are placed inside the subs as they are more difficult to detect and sink. In another word, during cold war, the US was not counting on using the carriers much when a war broke out with USSR as USSR possess subs that can sink the carriers. The carriers were for countries such as Libya.

I'm not sure why India do plan to put ballistic missile on a surface ship? Is it because India lack any sub ballistic missile launch technology or these missiles do plan to target only countries without any submarines. China certainly has subs that can detect surface ships and sink them before its subs are detected. Isn't Pakistan looking to modernize its attack subs fleet? With a ballistic missle with such a short range, I can only imagine India develop this for Pakistan.

Its funny because most ballistic missiles are launched from submarines. As they are called SLBM. I guess the destroyer ones are called DLBM.

I'm not sure about most countries. But for the US, surface ships and especially aircraft carriers are use for conventional power projection. When it comes to nuclear weapons, they are placed in subs. The reason is that subs are much more quiet within the US arsenal. If all the ships are build around the same time, the sub can detect and sink a surface ship before the surface fleet can detect and sink a sub. As a result, all the strategic weaponary are placed inside the subs as they are more difficult to detect and sink. In another word, during cold war, the US was not counting on using the carriers much when a war broke out with USSR as USSR possess subs that can sink the carriers. The carriers were for countries such as Libya.

I'm not sure why India do plan to put ballistic missile on a surface ship? Is it because India lack any sub ballistic missile launch technology or these missiles do plan to target only countries without any submarines. China certainly has subs that can detect surface ships and sink them before its subs are detected. Isn't Pakistan looking to modernize its attack subs fleet? With a ballistic missle with such a short range, I can only imagine India develop this for Pakistan.

India already have SLBM it . Sagrika(K-15) with 750 KM range and 1000 KG Payload.:cheers:

Hey friends,
What is the maximum missiles that can be launched simultaneously, looks like the ship in pics has ability of launching only one at a time!!!
What about the helos, it seems to be the helo area doesnt it??
thanks

One nuclear war head at a time is not good enough for u:what:

India already have SLBM it . Sagrika(K-15) with 750 KM range and 1000 KG Payload.:cheers:

From what I understand, the reactor is not placed in the sub yet. Also, the missiles are not in placed. you make it sound like its in placed and perform patrolling missions. Why exaggerate?

Back
Top Bottom