What's new

Indian Missiles - News, Developments, Tests, and Discussions

Agni 1 &2 are deployed.
3,4 ,5 are questionable.
3 was a technology demonstrator which may have gone into production. Four and five were having problems.
Hi @Shaheen missile!
Agni-3 was indeed a TD which paved the way for A-5. Also A-4 is in limited production and has been inducted into the forces. A-5 has cleared development trials and is nearing the end of user trials after which it will be properly inducted into India's SFC. It is a different matter though that A-5 when inducted will be procured in limited numbers--as deterrent against China. As I have said numerous times, the focus on this side of the border is to get K-5 to trials ASAP. K-5 will be India's true SLBM with advanced features common in western SLBMs like ester based propellant, telescopic aerospike, full composites, flex nozzle to name a few.
Also note, There werent any "issues" with A-4 or A-5. The only issue was with A-3 that too in initial stages, because that was the first time a 2m dia rocket was being designed in India.

This piece of article merely states that a launch was postponed because of "battery" issues. That is not really a serious problem which warrants such a claim. Dont you think they'd have revised the battery design since then?

Hi @Shaheen missile!
Agni-3 was indeed a TD which paved the way for A-5. Also A-4 is in limited production and has been inducted into the forces. A-5 has cleared development trials and is nearing the end of user trials after which it will be properly inducted into India's SFC. It is a different matter though that A-5 when inducted will be procured in limited numbers--as deterrent against China. As I have said numerous times, the focus on this side of the border is to get K-5 to trials ASAP. K-5 will be India's true SLBM with advanced features common in western SLBMs like ester based propellant, telescopic aerospike, full composites, flex nozzle to name a few.
Also note, There werent any "issues" with A-4 or A-5. The only issue was with A-3 that too in initial stages, because that was the first time a 2m dia rocket was being designed in India.

This piece of article merely states that a launch was postponed because of "battery" issues. That is not really a serious problem which warrants such a claim. Dont you think they'd have revised the battery design since then?
Ok, but i have read about battery issues with A-5 on multiple occasions , cant find any further web links though.
Also K-4 was having thrust issues and a new motor is being developed , same Dia 1.3 meters. However K-5 i guess is to be 2 meter and above?

Do you read what you post???

The article says that the A5 has been test successfully 3 times with the 3rd test been a canisterised launch, with the 4th test delayed + this article is dated a year old!

Not always :D

Ok, but i have read about battery issues with A-5 on multiple occasions , cant find any further web links though.
Hi shaheen,
What you've read is the same news on multiple forums or news media. And besides it is almost a 1-1.5 year news which resulted in the postponing of a particular flight trial of A5. With that said, that particular batter has been replaced, rest assured.
Also there wasnt ever an issue with A4, ever. That's I'm afraid is the figment of your imagination.
Also, issues like battery etc ain't really issues that raises serious question on the design of the missile.

However K-5 i guess is to be 2 meter and above?
That's correct K5 is going to be a 2m dia. I guess you saw the rocket motor on one of the DRDO load cells a couple of days back.

Hi shaheen,

That's correct K5 is going to be a 2m dia. I guess you saw the rocket motor on one of the DRDO load cells a couple of days back.

Hi,
I am referring to this article.'
http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2017/08/drdo-successfully-conducts-static.html

The rocket motor doesn't look like 2 meter wide.
1.5m tops.
Also the article gives burnout time of 74 seconds which is too long for a motor of this size. So i don't know which part is correct, which s not.
Have a read.,

K-5 is a 2m dia rocket, it is not a 1.5m dia as you've been led to believe

I know K-5 is going to be 2 meter rocket...when India has a Submarine capable of having a 2.2 meter wide gaping hole in the pressure hull.

For now India is just improving in K-4 and the motor tested was for K-4 not K-5, hence smaller Dia.

how do you know the length ?
Ratio proportion.
Assume the missile to be 2 meter wide and then based on that count pxels in breadth and width and see how much length comes out to be?
If its too long , longer than the height of Arihant then it cannot be correct?
Then repeat the exercise for other assumptions ? until you get a logical answer?

Last edited:
Ratio proportion.
Assume the missile to be 2 meter long and the based on that count pxels in breadth and width and see how much length comes out to be?
If its too long , longer than the height of Arihant then it cannot be correct?
Then repeat the exercise for other assumptions ? until you get a logical answer?

I thought we were talking about the picture of testing of the stage.

Source ? Or just plain BS ?

Agni-IV launch successful
HYDERABAD,CHENNAI,DECEMBER 02, 2014 11:02 IST

India's strategic missile, Agni-IV, was successfully test-fired on Tuesday morning from the Wheeler Island, off the Odisha coast. The missile unit of the Strategic Forces Command of the Army flight-tested the missile, which had been developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).

so you want source roket boy??? here you go.

http://carnegieendowment.org/2016/06/30/india-s-nuclear-force-structure-2025-pub-63988

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Back
Top Bottom