What's new

Indian minister blames Tamil Nadu government for sabotaging fishermen talks with Sri Lanka

Skyline

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Apr 14, Colombo: An Indian minister has blamed the Tamil Nadu government led by the Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa for stalling the second round of the negotiations on the fishermen issue with Sri Lanka.

Senior Congress leader and Union Shipping Minister G.K. Vasan has charged that the Jayalalithaa government had sabotaged the second round of talks between representatives of Tamil Nadu and Sri Lankan fishermen when the Indian government was keen on arranging the talks to find an amicable solution to the nagging issue, The Hindu reported.

The Indian Minister has said that after the first round of talks held in Chennai on January 27, 2014, the fishermen could have found a solution to their problems in the second round of talks, scheduled to be held in Colombo, but the AIADMK government 'had sabotaged' the talks.

"The fishermen could have found an amicable solution had the second round of talks was held as scheduled, but the ruling AIADMK government had stopped and delayed the talks," he has alleged.

After the successful talks at the first round, the Tamil Nadu State government fixed March 25th date for the second round of talks, which were originally scheduled to be held on March 13th in Colombo.

However, the talks got postponed since Sri Lanka did not release all the Indian fishermen and their boats detained in Sri Lanka before the talks as the Tamil Nadu government demanded.

After Sri Lankan President ordered the release of all the detained Indian fishermen in gratitude for India abstaining to vote for the UN resolution, fishermen on both sides expected the talks to proceed soon.

Sri Lanka : Indian minister blames Tamil Nadu government for sabotaging fishermen talks with Sri Lanka

Senior Congress leader and Union Shipping Minister G.K. Vasan has charged that the Jayalalithaa government had sabotaged the second round of talks between representatives of Tamil Nadu and Sri Lankan fishermen when the Indian government was keen on arranging the talks to find an amicable solution to the nagging issue, The Hindu reported.

The fishermen issue is not one between TN and SL Fishermen, the issue is between TN fishermen and SL Navy, who have

a) shot and killed over 300 TN fishermen
b) detained 1000s of TN fishermen
c) destroyed 100s TN fishermen boats and catch
d) attacked 100s TN fishermen at sea in TN territorial water

The fishermen issue is not one between TN and SL Fishermen, the issue is between TN fishermen and SL Navy, who have

a) shot and killed over 300 TN fishermen
b) detained 1000s of TN fishermen
c) destroyed 100s TN fishermen boats and catch
d) attacked 100s TN fishermen at sea in TN territorial water

lol

a.) why the number is lower now? haven't you guys said it was 600. :P
b.) when someone do illegal activity they get arrested. :D
c.) may be boats are made of paper, catch? that's Sri Lankan property.:D
d.) SL navy is not operating in Indian waters...:P

a.) why the number is lower now? haven't you guys said it was 600. :P

that figure is pre 2009

Over the past 35 years, about 500 Tamil Nadu (TN) fishermen were brutally killed by the Sinhalese Sri Lankan Navy. About one hundred fishermen were still missing and seriously injured due to their attacks and unable to go for fishing again. About 2000 crore rupees worth properties belonging to TN fishermen were damaged during these attacks by Sri Lankan Navy

Save Tamil Nadu fishermen from Sri Lankan Navy - IT Professionals Hunger Strike

b.) when someone do illegal activity they get arrested. :D

you should not comment on a navy that trafficks drugs and human

Sri Lanka: Naval Officer Arrested Over Human Trafficking | InSerbia News

c.) may be boats are made of paper, catch? that's Sri Lankan property.:D

50 Indian fishermen injured in Sri Lankan Navy attack
Updated: Mar 27, 2014
04:50 PM , By PTI |

Fifty fishermen from this coastal town were injured when Sri Lankan Navy personnel allegedly attacked them with stones and bottles after firing in the air early on Thursday morning off Katchathivu islet.

The Sir Lankan Naval personnel also damaged 30 boats and cut fishing nets, police said.

One boat sank as it rammed into another in the rush to escape from the spot. However, the five fishermen on board were rescued by others.

Police said 19 fishermen were arrested by the Sri Lankan Naval personnel and later taken to Mannar along with their boats.

All the injured had been admitted to private hospitals in Rameswaram. Another fisherman who suffered leg injuries was later shifted to Ramanathapuram Government Hospital.

The injured were part of a group of 2,000 fishermen who had put out to sea last night in 400 boats

50 Indian fishermen injured in Sri Lankan Navy attack - The Hindu: Mobile Edition

d.) SL navy is not operating in Indian waters...:P

its Tamilnadu waters, Indian Navy is in coma in TN waters

Last edited:
that figure is pre 2009

Save Tamil Nadu fishermen from Sri Lankan Navy - IT Professionals Hunger Strike

you should not comment on a navy that trafficks drugs and human

Sri Lanka: Naval Officer Arrested Over Human Trafficking | InSerbia News

50 Indian fishermen injured in Sri Lankan Navy attack
Updated: Mar 27, 2014
04:50 PM , By PTI |

Fifty fishermen from this coastal town were injured when Sri Lankan Navy personnel allegedly attacked them with stones and bottles after firing in the air early on Thursday morning off Katchathivu islet.

The Sir Lankan Naval personnel also damaged 30 boats and cut fishing nets, police said.

One boat sank as it rammed into another in the rush to escape from the spot. However, the five fishermen on board were rescued by others.

Police said 19 fishermen were arrested by the Sri Lankan Naval personnel and later taken to Mannar along with their boats.

All the injured had been admitted to private hospitals in Rameswaram. Another fisherman who suffered leg injuries was later shifted to Ramanathapuram Government Hospital.

The injured were part of a group of 2,000 fishermen who had put out to sea last night in 400 boats

50 Indian fishermen injured in Sri Lankan Navy attack - The Hindu: Mobile Edition

its Tamilnadu waters, Indian Navy is in coma in TN waters

Tamilnadu waters doesn't belong to India?

Us Sri Lankans should have the decency to apologise for our actions. I am ashamed to be Sri Lankan right now.

Us Sri Lankans should have the decency to apologise for our actions. I am ashamed to be Sri Lankan right now.
@WebMaster @Oscar

What's the meaning of this? Why is this member allowed to create fake accounts and play around on this forum? Isn't this a clear violation of forum rules?

@WebMaster @Oscar

What's the meaning of this? Why is this member allowed to create fake accounts and play around on this forum? Isn't this a clear violation of forum rules?
Where is the fake account? You have absolutely no shame sir, repeatedly following me around and getting the moderators involved. Well no more!!! I will not stand for this!
@Web Master @Oscar
This gut is following me and ruining my experience on the forum.

Where is the fake account? You have absolutely no shame sir, repeatedly following me around and getting the moderators involved. Well no more!!! I will not stand for this!
@Web Master @Oscar
This gut is following me and ruining my experience on the forum.

You retard. Translate this into English if you are Sinhalese. :lol:

BTW this is just for the observation of others.

The predictability of Internet Indians. Talking trash as always.
Indian? Great assumption you so called "think-tank".:lol:

You retard. Translate this into English if you are Sinhalese. :lol:

BTW this is just for the observation of others.
Links broken, post another one. Bearing in my mind that I am born in France so try to make it simple.

Ammata hukapan, no it doesn't.
@Oscar @WebMaster

He just abused my mother in Sinhalese. He probably found this word from a site called youswear.com. Are you going to allow him to roam the forum freely anymore?

PhraseMeaningIs This Accurate?
Ammata hukapan Go **** your mother
thumbsup.gif
(78%)
thumbsdown.gif
(22%)
Ate urapan Suck my ball
thumbsup.gif
(73%)
thumbsdown.gif
(27%)
Hukanawa Fucking