What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

Exercises with our friends:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
TRILATEX07-USA,Japan and india.

Indo greek passex.

Hanging out with the turkish naval forces.

US navy CBGs,MALABAR.Viraat and 2 supercarriers.

INDO-RUSSIAN EXERCISE INDRA07 -sovremenny and udaloys.

Varuna Exercises with the french navy.

Officers of INS tabar talwar class and HMAS ANZAC australian navy have a chat.

Shivalik class in one of the MALABAR exercises,malabar is annual large scale naval exercise held primarily between japan,usa,india and australia.Sometimes singapore.Held both in indian ocean and pacific.Continous from 2004 annually.

Indo french varuna exercises[from 2009-]

French de gaulle class carrier during varuna exercises.

With the singapore navy,SIMBEX 2009.The most advanced stealth frigate in asia..singapore navy formidable class.In the background a indian brahmaputra class frigate.

ASW officers of IN and USN exchange notes.:)

Harriers on the viraat during exercises with the british royal navy.

Japanese navy kurama,IN ranvir and australian navy fitzgerald.

Malabar 09,Multination armada formation breaking off.

Shivalik and brahmaputra class frigate flanking nimitz supercarrier.

1.Yeah,its licensed version manufactured locally,like dragunov.

You claimed indigenous..thts why i asked..

3.Carl gustavs are excellent for bunker busting due to range and accuracy.It has twice or more the effective range of rpg-7s and FAR more accurate hit probability and double muzzle velocity.Anti tank penetration wise latest rpg warhead has 600 mm after ERA,latest gustav 500 mm after ERA.none will penetrate frontal armour,both may penetrate rear armour/tracks.But for heavy duty AT we have shipons as well which have 3 times effective anti tank range of rpg,twice accuracy and 800 mm penetration after ERA and can be used by one man crew.
As for weight issue,the OFB RCL MK3 version developed by DRDO is significantly lighter due to use of advanced composites.Its among the lightest carl gustav variant around just under 10kgs[with bipod and telescopic sight] unlike standrad carl gustav weighing 14-21kg.
As for 2 man crew that is a advantage for rpg-7 over gustav.

Dude 10-12 kg is hell alot of weight.. and 2 man crew for an unguided ATM is not advantageous in war or during a high intensity conflict...

I see IA also bought a number of C-90-CR-RB spanish LAW weapons for dedicated bunker busting,which have 480 mm after ERA pentration,good accuracy,with very light weight 5 kg And can smash 1200mm of concrete.This weapon was used in a cross border incident in 2000 against pakistani bunkers in sialkot sector.

Yaar except a post by a member on PDF i couldnt find anything solid on it... although u can post a source for it..

You claimed indigenous..thts why i asked..

Dude 10-12 kg is hell alot of weight.. and 2 man crew for an unguided ATM is not advantageous in war or during a high intensity conflict...

Yaar except a post by a member on PDF i couldnt find anything solid on it... although u can post a source for it..

But man,RPG-7 also weighs around 7.5 kgs.Newest gustav weighs around 9.5-10kg.Not that massive difference.Though 2 man is big difference i admit.But again for 1 man AT duty shipon is there.
Ya there's nothing on the net,only that in the list of C-90-CR-RB[M3] version users india is listed.Prasun sengupta in his blog also said india acquired this system.I'm guessing this was for 1 man,light[5kg] bunker busting[1200 mm concrete].Exactly the lightness and crew issue u were talking about.

But man,RPG-7 also weighs around 7.5 kgs.Newest gustav weighs around 9.5-10kg.Not that massive difference.Though 2 man is big difference i admit.But again for 1 man AT duty shipon is there.

Sir jee the newest CG RR used by NATO is 10-12 KG...any im saying tht rpg can be carried easily n by more soldiers compared to CG RR...carried at section level? as for SHIPON how many are in service?as for RPG is weighs around 6.3 kg when ready to fire..

Ya there's nothing on the net,only that in the list of C-90-CR-RB[M3] version users india is listed.Prasun sengupta in his blog also said india acquired this system.I'm guessing this was for 1 man,light[5kg] bunker busting[1200 mm concrete].Exactly the lightness and crew issue u were talking about.

Yes on Wiki.. i noticed... just like CG RRs listed operators include PA.. as for prasun gupta... dude hes the indian version of zaid hamid..

Sir jee the newest CG RR used by NATO is 10-12 KG...any im saying tht rpg can be carried easily n by more soldiers compared to CG RR...carried at section level? as for SHIPON how many are in service?

Yes on Wiki.. i noticed... just like CG RRs listed operators include PA.. as for prasun gupta... dude hes the indian version of zaid hamid..

Sir jee the newest CG RR used by NATO is 10-12 KG...any im saying tht rpg can be carried easily n by more soldiers compared to CG RR...carried at section level? as for SHIPON how many are in service?as for RPG is weighs around 6.3 kg when ready to fire..

Sir jee the newest CG RR used by NATO is 10-12 KG...any im saying tht rpg can be carried easily n by more soldiers compared to CG RR...carried at section level? as for SHIPON how many are in service?

Shipon is used at company level.that would be quite a lot given size of IA.
Also carl gustav has 2-3 times range of rpg-7 and double accuracy and hit probability.Thats trade off for crew.

Their BP vests?

There are many in India, Can't distinguish exactly which one is in that picture, but it's probably one of these.

1)

personal-armor-image2.jpg

Tata Advanced Materials Limited :- Commando / Tactical Vests and Jackets

2)

military-vest.jpg

Indian Armour

3)

00535878fe0b26e8839f6dab3cfa8ab6.jpg

Company Name :
Laggar Industries Limited
Company Address :
Sobti Nagar, V.P.O. Nurpur, Pathankot Road, N.H-1,
City/State or Province :
Jalandhar/Punjab
Country/Region:
India

There are many more other than these 3.

There are many in India, Can't distinguish exactly which one is in that picture, but it's probably one of these.

And that's what i wrote in the first line, Never said only these 3 are in India.

============================================================

1070111_612076632160130_1793327966_n.jpg

-

544416_612068625494264_1447815609_n.jpg

-

21414_612168458817614_648384978_n.jpg

1 question to both Ind members,we have hack of an army ,still why army isn't directly used for crackdown on terrorist for once and for all??
eg Maoist , y only crpf.? minus deployment uav nishant , m not happy with the approach.

Back
Top Bottom