What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

kvwk.jpg

the middle one and last one is doing it correctly...
every gun cannot hold in same manner..m4 is hold in a different way from that of insas.

Nope there is no fundamental difference between the way traditional assault rifles are meant to be held.

That guy is definitely in the incorrect posture. Something he would have been taught in the basics of infantry school.

Nope there is no fundamental difference between the way traditional assault rifles are meant to be held.

That guy is definitely in the incorrect posture. Something he would have been taught in the basics of infantry school.

True but depends on the caliber as well. A G3 wont do well at all in that posture. A SCAR-H will have the same issues.

kvwk.jpg

every gun cannot hold in same manner..m4 is hold in a different way from that of insas.

I think they're firing while on the move. Explains the wierd stance of the soldier in the middle. It's too basic a mistake not to have been noticed by instructors otherwise.

I think they're firing while on the move. Explains the wierd stance of the soldier in the middle. It's too basic a mistake not to have been noticed by instructors otherwise.

You seem to have got it. Its firing on the move; but the movement is a slow shuffle forward.
But the thing to remember is that the bracing for the "kick" or recoil while firing needs a longitudinal spacing between the legs not a transverse spacing. To get any reasonable amount of accuracy. Otherwise; one just ends up 'spraying bullets' in a particular direction. Impressive in the movies but stupid in combat.

How so? Can you show me an example?

He is correct. A 7.62mm G3 or the Indian 7.62mm SLR or even the antiquated old Lee-Enfield .303 fired in that stance may bring down a passing bird rather than an enemy soldier ! :-)

How so? Can you show me an example?

Hmm have you fired a 7.62x51 NATO round? On a FN FAL or some semi auto G3 in the US? The recoil dictates the stance IMHO. Check out videos of G3 firing. There is one of a Swedish/Nordic guy firing a full auto G3. His stance is different since the recoil is brutal. 5.56 is half the kick. I say this from experience since I have fired a few clips of 5.56 on a modular m4 sorta gun. Also on the G3. And i'm a big guy. Its like .22 vs .45 for an 5.56 vs 7.62 NATO ( so to speak). INSAS supports 5.56 caliber so your advice was correct in that regard.

kvwk.jpg

No they are all doing it wrong..infact the last guy is moving...moreoever these are regualrs so such precised skill cant be put into every regular in 1.3 million strong army.

Hmm have you fired a 7.62x51 NATO round? On a FN FAL or some semi auto G3 in the US? The recoil dictates the stance IMHO. Check out videos of G3 firing. There is one of a Swedish/Nordic guy firing a full auto G3. His stance is different since the recoil is brutal. 5.56 is half the kick. I say this from experience since I have fired a few clips of 5.56 on a modular m4 sorta gun. Also on the G3. And i'm a big guy. Its like .22 vs .45 for an 5.56 vs 7.62 NATO ( so to speak). INSAS supports 5.56 caliber so your advice was correct in that regard.

I've only ever fired 5.56mm x 45 from the Austeyr and was taught the correct stance for that weapon.

Rare video of 71 war..includes IAF jets bombing Governor's house and 23 Punjab's soldiers doing bhangra on Pakistani tanks in Longewala
awesome video man!
dont want to hurt any feelings....but i was amazed to c happyness of bangladeshis from 7:00 onwards.
i can c bangladeshis hugging indian army nd treating them like heros:)

What a brilliant Military OP it was. We owe a lot to each and every Soldier who participated in the Liberation War. And a special thanks to the Chief Sam Manekshaw. Thank you Sir.

i like the way Lt. Gen. J F R Jacob says about Indra Gandhi "she has guts, she was gutsy and pragmatic. she took hard decisions."

Back
Top Bottom