What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

@Abingdonboy, that was a nifty catch. :tup:
LRADS are now being fitted on some shipsas an effective non-lethal weapon.

I believe they are being fitted on all larger new IN vessels and are also being fitted on some of the older large IN vessels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it only me or does the Tu 142 have a rear gun station with a gun?
774658_10151244274191395_1642895978_o.jpg

I thought so as well, but I think I can see a "black stick" in the tail of the plane, thats what confuses me.

The Bears are a design from the early Cold War era, when BVR and suchlike weapons did not exist. So large Bombers of that time all had tail guns for self-protection. Even large transports had them. Now they are redundant.

The Bears are a design from the early Cold War era, when BVR and suchlike weapons did not exist. So large Bombers of that time all had tail guns for self-protection. Even large transports had them. Now they are redundant.
Indeed-the IAF's IL-76 had them too but the entire section was removed during their overhaul some years back. Like you said- they are redundant today.

Indian army jawan offering namaz and serving his motherland.
58hzg.gif

549868_473840432672798_1563012063_n.jpg
Doesn't look IA- maybe JK police?

IA don't allow such beards unless they you SF on deployment/readying for deployment.

They used it till they got better stuff

Even the RR has never used INSAS and I have seen Para Commandos mostly with VZ and Ak...if you are talking about Marcos and Garud or peace environments then I would say they are not facing the heat which Army SF face in North and N-E.

NDTV doc on the IA's infantry officer "commando" school:

??? ?? ?????? : ???? ?? ?????? Video: NDTV.com

The "commando" name is pretty misleading as this school is mandatory for every infantry officer of the IA.

+glad to see the weapon handling skills of the IA is now up to the mark.

I wish this series cover some more "interesting" areas of the military- the Garud and PARA (SF) coverage was EPIC-need more like this, the Ladak Scouts and this doc are a bit :meh. But tbf I'll take ANY doc on the Indian military, hope they keep making them!

This is where the Ghataks are trained...The Commando School in Belgaum.The training is also given to some non infantry officers and it was good to see a Afghani student.

This is where the Ghataks are trained...The Commando School in Belgaum.The training is also given to some non infantry officers and it was good to see a Afghani student.

Btw @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR do you agree about the improvement in weapon handling skIlls now demonstrated by most of the IA?

Btw @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR do you agree about the improvement in weapon handling skIlls now demonstrated by most of the IA?

Yup..the correct stance reduces the reaction time but it's hard to make it understand to some oldies as I was once reading your debate on BR about the "tactical stance" lol

regarding weapon handling..... we can see a lot of difference from western armies and that of some Asian countries [including IA]...

especially in the weapon holding position in battle situations , here people preferred to hold below chest but US/european armies preferred to keep in line with their eye....

am not sure which is best , obviously second one looks cool....

is it because of the rifles that we are having , we are following these holding position..? i meant traditionally we are having heavy and no scope rifles, so our army used with these holding position....

@COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Back
Top Bottom