What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

Is it possible (with out disclosing anything sensitive or compromising yourself or them) to tell us a bit about how they find like in Indian SOFs - as info on them is very hard to come by.

Well, they really love the job but don't really like the MOD's attitude towards defense. You'd find most of my words being rather too fiery or "biased" as some would call it; but you must know that they are based on what these guys tell me. You see, when you're trained to be peak in all your humanly possible capabilities like being alert, being strong, being aggressive, being mentally stable even in the worst of situations at the same time, then you expect that you deal with problems of the country head on rather than being restricted from doing everything due to a cowardly and corrupt government.

I hope you understand what I mean because I cannot really tell too much (and since they only tell me general stuff due to their nature of work).

Well, they really love the job but don't really like the MOD's attitude towards defense. You'd find most of my words being rather too fiery or "biased" as some would call it; but you must know that they are based on what these guys tell me. You see, when you're trained to be peak in all your humanly possible capabilities like being alert, being strong, being aggressive, being mentally stable even in the worst of situations at the same time, then you expect that you deal with problems of the country head on rather than being restricted from doing everything due to a cowardly and corrupt government.

I hope you understand what I mean because I cannot really tell too much (and since they only tell me general stuff due to their nature of work).

Thanks mate for taking the time to answer my question- I really appreciate it. Could you tell me whether, in terms of political views, they feel serious enough to do anything about it or do they respect the government institution and what it represents enough to continue serving their Courbet without getting involved in political affairs despite what they may feel on the matter.

+ could you tell me (this mainly relates to MARCOs cousin/brother of yours) their view on the NSG handling of 26/11 given the MARCOs are a penical of SOF operations and tactical action so how do they feel towards the NSG's operations in Mumbai given the much criticism they have since faced. Also could you shed any light on the MARCOs equipment and basic day to day life in MARCOs unit.

Again don't feel the need to compromise yourself or your relighted, I understand this is a fine line between gaining knowledge on these guys and compromising them.

@Abingdonboy
How would 22 kno training routines and equipment? :undecided:
I have an Uncle in RAW he keeps harping hes just an economic advisor ..but keeps visiting bhutan..wtf has an economist to do with buthan?He doesn't even have his own car(only srkari Gaddi). They tell u squat. and any other Info isn't worth sharing. :whistle:

Dude all army top army men in our country are one of the most if not the most literate group comparable to any top college graduate and they join because they have this emotional urge to serve there country.. Criticism or no Criticism they are kept isolated and should remain aways from media bitches.The army men serve on a difrent plane to Civs. They only own allegiance to there superiors..and do what they are told..ask the top Generals who they follow.:coffee:

This all will only change when the ruling party changes.... this government has become a pain in the @$$ for our people both civilian and military. I got 3 cousins and brothers in the special forces for Army and MARCOs man. It always worries me what would this scumbag government give if something happens to them.
Half my family on my mothers side have served the armed forces. one of my Mothers cousins had an accident on some climbing operation and left his wife and 1 Kid penniless. She had to be reintegrated back into our family . has been 10 year since no sorries here cus we somewhat do good for ourselves.
I just feel for those young dudes who leave there old parent alone ..
realy Farging depressing when u give em a face ,And show heroes who live to tell there stories of "Valor":hitwall:, while forgetting who made the ultimate sacrifice(really rubs me the wrong way). Farking propaganda bitches.

How would 22 kno training routines and equipment?
I have an Uncle in RAW he keeps harping hes just an economic advisor ..but keeps visiting bhutan..wtf has an economist to do with buthan?He doesn't even have his own car(only srkari Gaddi). They tell u squat. and any other Info isn't worth sharing.

Dude all army top army men in our country are one of the most if not the most literate group comparable to any top college graduate and they join because they have this emotional urge to serve there country.. Criticism or no Criticism they are kept isolated and should remain aways from media bitches.The army men serve on a difrent plane to Civs. They only own allegiance to there superiors..and do what they are told..ask the top Generals who they follow.

I understand these men are professionals and unlikely to divulge anything substantial, but just thought I'd try and get out any shreds of info the gentleman might have- however minimal.

I completely agree with you- the Indian armed forces have always remind utterly apolitical and should remain so, politics and military don't mix. Just look at India's western neighbour.

I understand these men are professionals and unlikely to divulge anything substantial, but just thought I'd try and get out any shreds of info the gentleman might have- however minimal.

I completely agree with you- the Indian armed forces have always remind utterly apolitical and should remain so, politics and military don't mix. Just look at India's western neighbour.

But the problem is, our military has ZERO say in national management. That is wrong because even in West, their militaries have SOME say or right to speak in quasi-political or nation management matters. Our military has none of it. Soldiers are treated like beggars here by the media and civilians are totally unfamiliar with their lives and their feelings, except the families.

Look at what the so-called government did to the late hero Maj. Sandeep Unnikrishnan. He gave the supreme sacrifice in serving his country and his land. And look what that Communist mongrel said in return. What did the government do for his family? Nothing. A Bollywood joker like Saif Ali Khan is given millions for a shot and a Bharat Ratna Award (WTH is that for?? :angry:), cricketers are treated as gods; but what does a true hero like Maj. Sandeep and his family get?

What about all those heroes' families who martyred their lives in in so many counter-terrorist operations? Zero. Zilch. Null.

This is why I advocate a little bit assertive attitude from the military in matters that involve in national security, to the extent that they should be able to veto any overtly political agenda of civvies and at the same time have the liberty to explain to the country. This is what I really respected about ACM Naik; he changed the whole concept of taking the problem to the people and let the people decide. Not once but at least 3-4 times he pulled ruling government's pants down.

Same was with ex. VM PK.Barbora. He too was an excellent man who did not bow down to civvie corrupts. This is what we need in ALL the military services.

Our men in uniform need equal rights in our country as their western counterparts get in theirs. This is why I get pissed when some wannabe liberal/secular type self-confessed intellectual weaklings try to brag about how we are "Aggressive". I personally hate such weaklings to the core.

Thanks mate for taking the time to answer my question- I really appreciate it. Could you tell me whether, in terms of political views, they feel serious enough to do anything about it or do they respect the government institution and what it represents enough to continue serving their Courbet without getting involved in political affairs despite what they may feel on the matter.

+ could you tell me (this mainly relates to MARCOs cousin/brother of yours) their view on the NSG handling of 26/11 given the MARCOs are a penical of SOF operations and tactical action so how do they feel towards the NSG's operations in Mumbai given the much criticism they have since faced. Also could you shed any light on the MARCOs equipment and basic day to day life in MARCOs unit.

Again don't feel the need to compromise yourself or your relighted, I understand this is a fine line between gaining knowledge on these guys and compromising them.

Well, none of them are in NSG so no idea. But from my personal observation 26/11 was government's fault. NSG had already requested for transport wing to be cleared along with new equipment needed in 2005. Till the horror happened in Mumbai, none of this had come and NSG chief said this. Not just that, Admiral Mehta was also complaining about government openly. Now why would all chiefs attack the government if there was nothing wrong? Should make us commoners think what we've had in store.

Did you notice that just after the 26/11, within a week Mumbai police had M4s and what not ready and flooding of new fancy gizmos came in in a blink of eye. How did that happen? I was surely surprised at the speed at which all that came. How come that speed was not shown since 2005? Makes you wonder eh?

The thing is, when you are in such an institution, there is automatic dislike towards petty politics, mate. Those who train beyond us civvies and discipline themselves to the core, rise so high that they view all these politics as simply cheap-@$$ stunts for personal gains.

More than this, even I am not told (as they visit only sometimes). As Splurgenxs said, they don't really reveal themselves so openly. Even to blood relatives.

Hmm..interesting and informative posts in this thread after a long time.

Most of my family members are in the Army specially in the infantry and i would say that all Army guys are apolitical but when they see the current state of affairs they are not happy.

As Tshering rightly pointed out that even after sacrificing so much the family gets nothing and compare that to the politicians..when they wanted to increase their pay they did it immediately and when it was the question of the 6th pay commision they took so much time.

Regarding special operation Abingdonboy i would say that Indian SFs do a lot of things that no one of us will ever come to know about.I have talked to many Sfs but i didnt ask them about their operations because i knew they wont tell it openly..so everytime i get a chance to meet them its just the general stuff i ask about.

But trust me they are very skilled,higly motivated men and live life to the fullest.They never back down from anything and they dont care who their opponents are even if they face the best army in the world.They are a class apart and the reason whyyou dont get to see so much of them is because they intentionally dont want to show anything unlike other SFs and there is a reason too and the reason is that they dont want their men to feel superior to anyone and thats what the secret is..if your SF men have their feet always on the ground,they will always be successful.Like in Somalia US SFs went thinking they are the best in the world and they are superhuman and see what happened.This is always the case with them they serve one tenure in Afghanistan and one in Iraq and they feel they are superhuman..Thank God the Indian SF leadership makes a special effort of not doing to much publicity and advertisement in media and youtube and keep their men always down to earth.

^^ But that secludes them from the people and whenever they have some problem, no one knows as the treacherous government suppresses all the news.

^^ But that secludes them from the people and whenever they have some problem, no one knows as the treacherous government suppresses all the news.

We need some changes man.I am not saying we become Pakistan but even in USA Armed Forces have much more say and the media also gives them a lot of importance.

Back
Top Bottom