What's new

Indian man suffers racist attack in Britain

Sometimes it is best to just report the incident to the cops and let them handle the situation. I am sure he would have been safe and the miscreants would have been caught if the cops were called prior to this man jumping in to handle the situation. Of course one's response depends on the gravity of the situation.

Bravo to Rawat .. hopefuly he recovers soon and gets a good sum from uk's criminal injury compensation

Lessons learned the hard way:

1)Real life is no bollywood movie in which a ‘hero’ can single-handedly crush hundreds of gangsters to protect his ‘heroine’.
2)Don’t stick your nose into everything going around you when you’re in a foreign country.

1)Real life is no bollywood movie in which a ‘hero’ can single-handedly crush hundreds of gangsters to protect his ‘heroine’.
2)Don’t stick your nose into everything going around you when you’re in a foreign country.

Guy did the right thing though

What a brave man.. being a good person is very dangerous in today's sick world without any morals and compassion and mercy.

Bang on target bro....as much as we should applaud this brave act.....in a foreign country its best to remain cautious and avoid unwanted attention....bitter truth this......

He surely deserves a credit for his bravery. i mean, if i were in his shoes, i would simply walk away, but he did the right thing.

^^Yes he did :tup: didnt he ......but I ve heard news of this sort from friends and family in places like U.S....where the intervener was stabbed and killed ......another one in Aus when the guy was later tracked down by a gang , cornered in an alley, beaten and hospitalised.....

A sad truth that south asian's in general are highly accomplished ....working in important positions abroad ....but they generally refrain from forming any kind of Unions /Groups to protect themselves from assault , or intimidation.....and thus are easy prey to gangs of other immigrants ( lebanese, italians , irish , mexicans ....localites...etc).....

Last edited:

He did the right thing, there should be more people like him in the world.
Only God fearing, I mean if he just ignored the lady's cry for help, would it have been the right thing to do?

Guys, remember that when Pakistanis are victims of racism, Indians tend to make fun of Pakistanis, with typical inferiority complex replies such as "Look how Pakistanis are treated..." or "Look how they humiliate you..." or the typical reply about how Pakistanis are suspected of being terrorist. What they're trying to do is make fun of racist behaviour against Pakistanis when it happens. This happens A LOT, even from seemingly liberal indians.

What I am trying to say is, don't be too nice to Indians. In this case, it's fair enough, but other than that in most, either don't say anything or do what they do to us.

Guys, remember that when Pakistanis are victims of racism, Indians tend to make fun of Pakistanis, with typical inferiority complex replies such as "Look how Pakistanis are treated..." or "Look how they humiliate you..." or the typical reply about how Pakistanis are suspected of being terrorist. What they're trying to do is make fun of racist behaviour against Pakistanis when it happens. This happens A LOT, even from seemingly liberal indians.

What I am trying to say is, don't be too nice to Indians. In this case, it's fair enough, but other than that in most, either don't say anything or do what they do to us.

Why not? The man deserves some respect for what he did. It doesn't need to be political always. I'm sure you probably have Indian friends here.

Why not? The man deserves some respect for what he did. It doesn't need to be political always. I'm sure you probably have Indian friends here.

Yea, I mentioned that in this case it's understandable. However in more normal cases, there no needs to give any sympathies. I stated the reason why - Indians tend to mock Pakistanis over how the Indians think Pakistanis are treated racially in western countries.

IS being suspected of terrorism the same as being a victim of racism?:undecided:

Yea, I mentioned that in this case it's understandable. However in more normal cases, there no needs to give any sympathies. I stated the reason why - Indians tend to mock Pakistanis over how the Indians think Pakistanis are treated racially in western countries.

We can't paint all Indians as one, alot are so good and helpful to Desi community in west but you are right few do mock Pakistanis but as I said they are few.

document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', function () { // Create the CSS for the popup var style = document.createElement('style'); style.innerHTML = ` /* Style for the popup */ .popup { display: none; /* Hidden by default */ position: fixed; z-index: 999; left: 0; top: 0; width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow: auto; background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8); /* Black background with opacity */ } .popup-content { position: relative; background-color: #fff; margin: 15% auto; padding: 20px; width: 80%; max-width: 600px; box-shadow: 0 5px 15px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3); } .close-btn { position: absolute; top: 10px; right: 25px; color: #aaa; font-size: 28px; font-weight: bold; cursor: pointer; } .close-btn:hover, .close-btn:focus { color: #000; text-decoration: none; cursor: pointer; } `; document.head.appendChild(style); // Create the HTML for the popup var popup = document.createElement('div'); popup.id = 'videoPopup'; popup.className = 'popup'; popup.innerHTML = ` `; document.body.appendChild(popup); // Show the popup when the page loads popup.style.display = 'block'; // Get the close button var closeBtn = document.querySelector('.close-btn'); // Close the popup when the user clicks on the close button closeBtn.onclick = function () { popup.style.display = 'none'; var iframe = document.getElementById('youtubeVideo'); iframe.src = iframe.src; // Stop the video from playing } // Close the popup when the user clicks anywhere outside of the popup window.onclick = function (event) { if (event.target == popup) { popup.style.display = 'none'; var iframe = document.getElementById('youtubeVideo'); iframe.src = iframe.src; // Stop the video from playing } } });
Back
Top Bottom