What's new

Indian leopard strays into Pakistan, killed by villagers

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky sen

Reaction score
Country
India
LAHORE: An Indian leopard was shot dead after it crossed into Pakistan's Punjab province and severely injured two persons, officials said on Monday.

According to reports, the big cat crossed the border at Taran yesterday and attacked a group of people, creating panic in a village close to the border at Ferozewala, located 60 km from Lahore.

Residents of the village, instead of informing the wildlife department, shot the leopard dead after it critically injured the two persons.

The injured were admitted to a hospital in Sheikhura district, where officials describe their condition as critical.

This was the second instance of an Indian leopard straying across the border in the past few weeks. Last month, Pakistani wildlife authorities captured an Indian leopard from near the international border after it entered their territory in Narowal sector.

The leopard has been kept at Lahore Zoo and authorities are now trying to find a mate for it.

Indian leopard strays into Pakistan, killed by villagers - The Times of India

:angry::angry:

Btw i have a question for the Indian members here do the comments at the times of India are quiet umm lets say hateful don't you think. A little too hateful for even when compared to comments in Pakistani news pages like ET

Btw i have a question for the Indian members here do the comments at the times of India are quiet umm lets say hateful don't you think. A little too hateful for even when compared to comments in Pakistani news pages like ET

Dude, those places cannot be monitored. People post whatever they like.
In any case... they are so boring!!

That is why all big cats are extinct in Pakistan except snow leopard which lives in safety of snow capped mountains .

same as people killed elephants in your country ? :azn:

Reactions: waz
How come it was Indian cat? was she carrying Indian ID?
Next, RAW will claim it was hindo cat!!!!!!

Dude, those places cannot be monitored. People post whatever they like.
In any case... they are so boring!!
They are scary is what they are.Damn like the Islamophobia over there and the hatred in general regarding Islam.I have been following it for some time and you could see how they were rejoicing when an african country(forgot the name) banned islam.(not a target at all Indians)

same as people killed elephants in your country ? :azn:

Elephants are still present in large numbers in India.

But this is not an isolated incident.I have seen several instances where tigers/leopards have been beaten to death in India.

Elephants are still present in large numbers in India.

But this is not an isolated incident.I have seen several instances where tigers/leopards have been beaten to death in India.

but their numbers are decreasing fast

Someone please drill some sense into these villagers to at least leave poor animals alone.
hahaha...
I can understand both part of your concern ...but at least chuckle on one.....:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom