What's new

Indian Honour Killings

Firstly, we can call someone a "fallen woman" if she casually robs or forces some farmer or student to commit suicide or things like that. Not otherwise.

Secondly, in a Hindu-Muslim relationship if the non-Muslim partner is not a Hindutvadi fanatic I think such a relationship can be accepted. We have to adapt to changed times. For example the marriage of Naseeruddin Shah to Ratna Pathak. The Muslim-majority African country of Tunisia passed a law some years ago that allows a Muslim Tunisian woman to marry a non-Muslim Tunisian man. I don't know if this law speaks of polytheists.

Islam's understanding of things like marriage and ownership of land / estate was quite progressive for the time it came about and the successive centuries, and even is still compared to such laws in other religions, but we have to think about the current and the near-future. For example, consider this : there are more than 30 million pending court cases in India and many of them are about land / estate. Some of these petitioners will be Muslim who have come to civil court because they were dissatisfied with judgement by a qazi or Sharia committee. Now if land is made not a privately-held element but a commune-held resource ( via communism ) there will not arise a dispute in the first place. My simple point is this : we have to adapt to changed times. What when we settle on Mars in about 15 years ?

Just because some Muslim majority country passed doesn't mean it is permitted. Many Muslim majority countries allow alcohol doesn't mean Alcohol is halal.

Secondly just because some males married Hindu women doesn't make it legal in Islamic POV same goes for women too. However everyone is free to choose their life however thhey want to be as everyone has free will and they can express it till their time on earth we can advice but it is upto them to implement it but don't expect me to welcome them in any sort of way they are free to believe their way and I am free to live in my way , for them it can be love or whatever but for me it is sin of high degree and Zinah

Back
Top Bottom