Indian High Commissioner refused to attend Pakistan Day Parade in Islamabad

The Eagle

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Indian High Commissioner refused to attend Pakistan Day Parade in Islamabad
22 Mar, 2019

indian-high-commissioner-refused-to-attend-pakistan-day-parade-in-islamabad-1553259545-8755.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Indian High Commission in Islamabad has announced not to attend the Pakistan Day parade in Islamabad on March 23.*

The high commission in a statement said that no representative of the Indian mission will attend any government ceremony tomorrow (Saturday).

Pakistan as host country invited the Indian diplomats according to the diplomatic tradition to witness the Pakistan Day parade here.

Malaysian Prime Minister Dr. Mahathir Muhammad will be the guest of honour at Pakistan Day parade tomorrow.

Indian defence attaché and senior diplomats had last year attended the parade on invitation of the Pakistan government.

It is pertinent to mention here that the Indian government also decided not to send any official representative to attend the Pakistan Day celebrations scheduled to be held at the Pakistan High Commission in New Delhi today.

According to Indian media reports, the New Delhi government decided not to send its representatives due to Pakistan high commission’s invitation to Hurriyat Conference leaders in the ceremony.

The development comes on the back of Pulwama attack in occupied Kashmir on February 14, which killed more than 40 Indian CRPF personnel.

The sabre rattling by Indian government and violation of Pakistan’s airspace by Indian fighter jets On February 27, was resulted in dangerous escalation of tensions between the two countries. Pakistan Air Force (PAF) struck down two intruding Indian fighter jets and arrested one pilot, who ejected himself after being hit in the airspace of Pakistan in Azad Jammu and Kashmir — something that came as an unexpected setback for India.

I have said many times here in the past but unfortunately my statement was deemed unfit for this forum. For me it's the best explanation of Indian behaviour towards Pakistan. Hindutva Indians are "intellectually inferior lot" and they do not have the capability and capacity to rule and effectively govern such a vast region. @The Eagle can delete my post if it is necessary.

I have said many times here in the past but unfortunately my statement was deemed unfit for this forum. For me it's the best explanation of Indian behaviour towards Pakistan. Hindutva Indians are "intellectually inferior lot" and they do not have the capability and capacity to rule and effectively govern such a vast region. @The Eagle can delete my post if it is necessary.

Made necessary correction.

On topic: This is eventually a diplomatic win as well as speaks volume that how Indian Establishment is feeling the heat being exposed on every front. Well, his protest is his right but then again, despite being the arch rivals; Pakistan invited Indian Official based upon diplomatic norms. His rejection is basically an admission to the fact that India failed in her schemes to isolate Pakistan.

Rang may bhang. What is Pakistan going to do now? Can Pakistan cancel 23rd March celebrations until India agrees to attend? :cray:

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Knowing what the JF-17's are capable of they are probably afraid

Last time when Indian High commission and personnel of their Armed forces wore the caps with Pakistani Flag Indian Media insulted them quiet badly

Now they suspect Pakistan also printed Abhinandan's image on the caps to :rofl::rofl::omghaha::omghaha: Indian media will rape them :omghaha:

Defying diplomatic norms: New Delhi boycotts Pakistan Day Celebrations

News Desk
-
March 22, 2019
Defying-diplomatic-norms-New-Delhi-boycotts-Pakistan-Day-Celebrations-min-640x336.jpg

News Desk |

The Indian High Commission based in Islamabad has announced its decision to not attend the Pakistan Day Parade on 23rd March, despite the official invitation, local media reported. As a host country, an official invitation was extended to the Indian diplomats that are a part of the Indian diplomatic mission in Islamabad as a token to uphold diplomatic norms despite the ongoing tensions and scuffle. However, the Indian High Commission, led by Ambassador Ajay Bisaria, declined the invitation.

In a statement given to ARY News, the Indian High Commission confirmed that the Pakistan Day Parade will not be attended by any Indian diplomat or representative of the Indian government.

It is also important to note that New Delhi has refused to allow any government official to attend the Pakistan Day even scheduled at the Pakistan High Commission in India. India media reports reveal that New Delhi has boycotted the Pakistan High Commission’s events because of the invitation extended to the Hurriyat leadership, who will be attending the celebrations.

While referring to the ongoing tensions that erupted in the aftermath of the Pulwama attack, Indian MEA spokesperson added, “You are aware of our reaction in the past, most recently in February.

On Friday, official spokesperson of the Indian Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), Mr. Raveesh Kumar, announced New Delhi’s decision to boycott the Pakistan National Day reception. While addressing a press conference, Raveesh Kumar said, “I can confirm India has decided not to send any representative. This decision was taken after Pakistan decided to invite the Hurriyat representative to the reception”.

While referring to the ongoing tensions that erupted in the aftermath of the Pulwama attack, Indian MEA spokesperson added, “You are aware of our reaction in the past, most recently in February. We are very clear, any attempt by Pakistan leadership or High Commission to engage with the Hurriyat leadership will not be taken lightly.”

In 2018, Indian diplomats and defense attaché had accepted Pakistan’s invitation to attend the Pakistan Day Parade, however, this year, India has chosen to dismiss the diplomatic tradition of attending important national events organized by the host country and the events that New Delhi must attend as a host country itself.

Mina Jahangir with additional input by News Desk.

https://www.globalvillagespace.com/...new-delhi-boycotts-pakistan-day-celebrations/

I hope it explodes right in their faces just like the refusal of visa for shooting team and many other "blunders" they have taken thakaydari off lately!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom