What's new

Indian govt. responsible for 30-year war in Sri Lanka - SL Defence Sec.

India had its reasons for supporting LTTE and those have been dicussed here to death.India became hostile because Sri Lanka was acting hostile to India in those days. It was wrong to have supported the LTTE and most Indians realise that.

At least India learnt from its mistake and halted its support long back and also became a major contributor to the end of LTTE's reign of terror. That is much better than what you can say for many countries in our neighbourhood.

Also if Lanka doesn't learn from it's mistakes they will give birth to another LTTE in no time and this time only they will solely be responsible.

I thank you for an objective response. I always hear from Indian posters that India provided crucial support in ending LTTEs reign just as you mentioned in your post. What was that support ?

I thank you for an objective response. I always hear from Indian posters that India provided crucial support in ending LTTEs reign just as you mentioned in your post. What was that support ?

My post #131 here in this thread lists out the help more or less corroborated by SL navy in 2008(before the war ended)

Indian support helped weaken LTTE: Sri Lanka

Agencies : Colombo, January 15: , Tue Jan 15 2008, 16:43 hrs

Sri Lanka's Navy has praised India for its help in countering the LTTE, and said the militant group's "backbone has been broken" after the destruction of several rebel vessels.

Indian support helped weaken LTTE: Sri Lanka - Indian Express

My post #131 here in this thread lists out the help more or less corroborated by SL navy in 2008(before the war ended)

Indian support helped weaken LTTE: Sri Lanka

Agencies : Colombo, January 15: , Tue Jan 15 2008, 16:43 hrs

Sri Lanka's Navy has praised India for its help in countering the LTTE, and said the militant group's "backbone has been broken" after the destruction of several rebel vessels.

Indian support helped weaken LTTE: Sri Lanka - Indian Express

India helped in breaking Tamil backbone? oh my bad it was supposed to be 'Tamil Tigers' back bone :P

ending our support was our biggest support lolz
anyways we should have never had armed LTTE and if we had started we shouldn't had waited until doing a Bangladesh over there we probably would have if Indira Gandhi was still alive but her death and completely opposite views of her son with regard to this matter screwed up everything there just imagine India didn't directly interfered in 1971 leaving all fighting at the hands of muktis and after a short time stop providing support to them and turning a blind eye towards genocide of their people that's what happened in sri Lanka

And you are threatening to help LTTE again and 300 year war. South Asian nations have already reached the decision that India can not be allowed to pursue its expansionist agenda, live with that :coffee:

[Pak-Afghan relations are too complex for you to fathom, suffice is to say that they invited Pk during Afghan/ soviet war)

I don't know which South Asian nations you are talking about . India has good relations with one and all except Pakistan and some political parties in Bangladesh , Lanka, Maldives and Nepal.

Relations with Bhutan and Myanmar are warm as ever.

On the other hand the majority of the world has decided that they will not let Pakistan further its terrorism/jihadist agendas across the world, from Mumbai to New York and from London to Kabul.

No not really the fault lies on us we should have left Srilanka deal with its problems its a sovereign country.

Instead of being same blood (Lankans are Descendent of Oriya-Biuhai-Bengali-Tamil ppl), These Lankans always acted as enemy to India. India literally begged lanka to remain neutral or help us against enemy. These Arrogant Lankans Deliberately helped our enemy.

After China war, India was weak. Pakistan took this opportunity and attaked on weak India (65 War), Lankans fuel there Ships. In 71 War also, these arrogant ppl acted against India.

What option we had??? Lankans were (are) continuously biting us..

Recently I was Observing Chiniese Sub Pattern, 50% time It was spotted/observed at Lankan coastal areas. Lankans could have taken help of Russia or USA for development. Rather it went to Pakistan and China..

Lankans got what they deserved, They Hit us we hit them. They are Hitting us hard (continuously) we will Hit them Harder,

yes for indians it could be... but do you want to deny indian role in supporting terrorism in east Pakistan ? Srilanka ?

When millions of refugees flow into India, What can India do? RAW supported the Bangladeshi freedom fighters against pakistani army. Pakistani's made the mistake and provided a chance to India.

Reg SL, Yes it is Indira's blunder..... If she had guts she should have taught SL a lesson with India army not with creating terrorism!

I think you misunderstood what I asked. I will ask again "Just because some Muslims support jihadists in India does that mean Indian state do not treat Muslims well?"

Yes my previous answer is still answer your question!

That is the main cause for the Tamil issue. Tamils were enjoying vast privileges during colonial era rather than the majority Sinhalese. Actually it is not Tamils fault but Britons. However when SL was about to be granted Independence, Tamil leaders new they were going to get kicked once the majority start free voting. Therefore they came up with this idea of creating a separate land for themselves.

So Tamils proved the mettle and also it can be that... Singalese cannot compete with Tamils and they want them out!

The intention was good in the Sinhala only act. But it was the way that it was used created all the problems. However most of the major issues with the act were iron out way before any Tamil militant group took up arms.

The intention was good for Singalese... It was worst for Tamils, Frankly the Tamils were NOT that aggressive that they took up arms just for separate country though being treated equally... I still maintain in 1960's and 70's they were treated so worse and the SL Government forced them to take up arms.

Well here's my answer. Let's assume all Sinhalese has mastered Tamil. Now let's take a typical Sinhalese villager who lives in deep south where there are no tamil population. How on earth that local villager use Tamil language to communicate if there are no Tamils to speak to?

I am NOT going to ask every Singalese to speak Tamil.... Start from schools.... So you indirectly telling that you will NOT learn Tamil... but you want the Tamils to learn Singala forcefully!

Let's take a Tamilians situation. There are only 15% Tamils living in SL and SL does not have regional hub cities. We only have one major city which is Colombo. So if a Tamil who lives in North wish to come to Colombo would be fared much better if we has learnt Sinhalese.

No need, Those who wish to come to Colombo can learn Singala, because it is necessity for them... Those who stay in North can be happy with their own language, if the Singalese are happy with Singala! 15% of 5%... According to UN all citizens should be treated equally!

Learning the majority's language always helps the minority.

It is their right.... You cannot force that.

If they were treated sub human and they couldn't do anything about is India's problem not SLs. We cannot take India's burdens. But remember we kept the half of them here losing some weight on India.

It is NOT the question about remaining half of the Tamils you sent back... that is over, You got to treat every remaining citizens equally! Else the minority will fight back... Holds true around the globle.

SL has priorities too we cannot just let them go down the drain just because of Britons and their coolies.

Your priority was the LTTE for 30 long years.... You cannot ignore and the same mistakes again and again!

Then we will counter react. History will repeat it self.

It is stupid ego.... I am telling in simple words.... Treat eveyone equally, Was it that hard to achieve? Are you telling that you will continue to repeat the same mistakes again... You want to end up all your years in civil war? Didn't the Singalese didn't lose anything in this civil war? Do you want to go through the same phase again?

"The BBC article" is the best you could come up with. It doesn't even say what happened during 2000 + time period from 3rd century BC to 1505. It is a Crappy article for promotion of Eelam ideology.

If you quote BBC then I will quote Onion news.

Buddy BBC is one of the trusted news from around the globe, They don't have to support for the Tamil cause. It is a trusted 3rd party news rather than biased news channels.

Then why don't India take them back before they are kicked out.

You consider yourself such invincible? Remember you defeated only the LTTE, NOT the entire Tamil community... India has the capability to strike a full blown war and dismember SL in matter of 2 days, It doesn't mean India will do it! Because India considers SL a friendly Nation. I am sure SL politicians does NOT think that way!

You are speaking like a racist here! You cannot kill all minorities in your country... NO country can do that!

That law applies to everyone. Supporting terrorism is even more dangerous than using WMD.

Thank you for accepting this fact.... Last time I read that Mush got a deal with the Americans that their drones will NOT strike India specific terror camps and it means Pakistan uses terrorism as a state policy!

refueled Pakistani Ships and Aircraft's is no big deal.

But providing a base to US is unacceptable given the tensions that existed in 1971 (US gun boat diplomacey)

Yes, Small nations should be sensitive to giant neighbors concerns..... They had small problems with India when they invited the Americans and they faced the problem for 30+ years, Now they are cozy with the Chinese.... They are good to do... but in the process should NOT hurt India's interests!

When millions of refugees flow into India, What can India do? RAW supported the Bangladeshi freedom fighters against pakistani army. Pakistani's made the mistake and provided a chance to India.

Reg SL, Yes it is Indira's blunder..... If she had guts she should have taught SL a lesson with India army not with creating terrorism!

So when you support terrorism its your bravery.. and when we support Khalistan, Kashmir;s freedom fighter, assam, chatis garh, hayderabad's freedom fighter we are terrorist .. lol thats exactly what i wanted to hear from you... thanks

So when you support terrorism its your bravery.. and when we support Khalistan, Kashmir;s freedom fighter, assam, chatis garh, hayderabad's freedom fighter we are terrorist .. lol thats exactly what i wanted to hear from you... thanks

Who told it is bravery? It is cowardice!!! Regarding East Pakistan... Pakistan should have stopped the refugees flowing into India... It is the collective mistake of Pakistani's

Reg SL... It was a blunder.... Lessons learnt with Rajiv Gandhi's death... NO terrorism supported after that.

Reg you supporting terrorists... What are you doing? Mumbai attacks, Bombs in Trains, famous food shops where there is LOT of crowd and almost all of the cases... Unarmed civilians are getting killed.... with the intention of creating riots between Hindus and Muslims in India... But those stupids never learn that it will NOT happen.

You can direct your so called freedom fighters to Indian Army anyday, They will reply in kind... NOT towards unarmed civilians!

Shortly you are welcome to do another Kargil or another Parliament attack... But NOT another Mumbai attack or bombings in crowded places!

Yes my previous answer is still answer your question!

No you didn't you just babbled about some India related stuff like 1993 riots and babri musjid.

I ask you again.......... Just because some Muslims support jihadists in India does that mean Indian state do not treat Muslims well?

Like wise just because some Tamils supported LTTE do not mean Tamils living in SL are under treated.

So Tamils proved the mettle and also it can be that... Singalese cannot compete with Tamils and they want them out!

If Tamils were the mettle why didn't they perform well after 1948? Can they only perform well during British era? So mister do not pull BS here. You seems to ignore the fact and trying to cling to the myth.

The intention was good for Singalese... It was worst for Tamils, Frankly the Tamils were NOT that aggressive that they took up arms just for separate country though being treated equally... I still maintain in 1960's and 70's they were treated so worse and the SL Government forced them to take up arms.

Let's get to the point. Tell me in your opinion how should have Sinhalese treated Tamils so they could fell they are treated equally?

I am NOT going to ask every Singalese to speak Tamil.... Start from schools.... So you indirectly telling that you will NOT learn Tamil... but you want the Tamils to learn Singala forcefully!

No need, Those who wish to come to Colombo can learn Singala, because it is necessity for them... Those who stay in North can be happy with their own language, if the Singalese are happy with Singala! 15% of 5%... According to UN all citizens should be treated equally!

It is their right.... You cannot force that.

You do not seem to grasp the idea about what I'm talking... so forget it.

Buddy BBC is one of the trusted news from around the globe, They don't have to support for the Tamil cause. It is a trusted 3rd party news rather than biased news channels.

That figure when BBC omit more than 2500+ years of Sri Lankan history in their time line.

Indian Coast Guard used Dornier aircraft to patrol the Indian Ocean and Intelligence Sharing, because of this crucial support, Srilanka was able to destroy around 7 LTTE ships in the oceans which was carrying ammunition and Arms,

b) India also provided radars and 5 MI-17 Helicopters to Srilanka.

I suggest SAACI - South Asian Alliance for Containment of India :lol:

Back
Top Bottom