What's new

Indian Government to Encourage Settlements Along Disputed India-China Border

Sorry,Arunachal is for us Arunachalis.That has been the understanding we have had with India ever since we decided to merge with it.No non Arunachali is allowed to enter the state legally without the proper documents.They are welcome to visit but certainly not to settle down permanently.We will not end up like the rest of north east where tribals are maligned by immigrants.The mainland and its baggage is not welcome here.They are as alien to us as christian missionaries.
So by your logic the thousands of Arunachalis who reside in Delhi or in Kolkata are aliens to us,brother!We are all the citizens of this great country.You know i used have a room mate when i was in the hostel and he was an Arunachali.His father was the D.M. of Bomdilla at that time.Even though we may not look similar or spoke each other's language i always felt that we were connected to each other like fellow brothers.Admit it or not but Arunachalis have a lot in common with the rest of the Indians...:coffee:

That is for you guys to decide what you consider us.Last time I checked we weren't considered "real Indians" by the mainlanders especially north Indians, anyway.To clarify matters,an Arunachali is an Indian but not every Indian is an Arunachali.Only the natives of this state qualify for that.It's kind of like J&K,with the difference that Arunachalis aren't secessionist scum.

That is for you guys to decide what you consider us.Last time I checked we weren't considered "real Indians" by the mainlanders especially north Indians, anyway.To clarify matters,an Arunachali is an Indian but not every Indian is an Arunachali.Only the natives of this state qualify for that.It's kind of like J&K,with the difference that Arunachalis aren't secessionist scum.

You do not represent AP and by your logic no AP citizen should now allow to reside in anywhere else in India. ( are not you a hypocrite)

Anyway doesn't care what man has to say.

You do not represent AP and by your logic no AP citizen should now allow to reside in anywhere else in India. ( are not you a hypocrite)

Anyway doesn't care what man has to say.
Yeah,yeah..no matter how much you whine it is what it is.J&K and AP are two states where no outsider can settle,effectively granting them their own status.If you dislike it so much,maybe you guys shouldn't have asked us to join the union.But that is all water under the bridge now.Fact is Arunachalis can go anywhere,settle anywhere in India as they like with the exception of J&K.
Thinking of how unpatriotic(Unfair,patriotism is just an excuse to justify their land lust ) it is?Strangely,Arunachal pradesh is one of the most pro-union state in north east.Maybe you guys should consider this system for the rest of north east as well.Would surely help in the illegal bangladeshi issue as well as driving the final nail in the coffin for the well armed extortion gangs running around as insurgents in the rest of north east.

Last edited:
My fellow indian brothers the problem is with our population ... we arunachali are only around 10 lakhs may be lesser than dat if non-arunachali starts to settel parmanently in arunachal then there'll be chaos ... let me give u an example there are bangladeshi chakma refugee settlements areas in arunachal at first there were only few hunderds chakmas in 60s but now there are more than 5 lakhs chakmas and they have form differents unions and taking govt. lands and the lands of local peoples ... these non-arunachalis fight with locals .. rape the local womens ..kill local people and do robbery at darks ...now they wants rights to purches land and form political parties and if they get this advantage that it for the local people of arunachal they will be dominated by non-arunachalis who came as refugees . this is the main fear in the heart of arunachal . we have no problem if peoples from mainland comes and work in arunachal as they wish only condition is that non-arunachalis should not get PRC or settle permanently in arunachal atlest not till when have good sizeable population of our local arunachalis !!

@Dem!god @gslv mk3 @Tshering22 @third eye @sreekumar,

Actually I have a fantasy with this news. I always like long drives, eat at Dhabas, watch scenery while driving. Now when there will be roads, naturally there will be Dhabas and other beautiful tasty eateries. And as such Arunachal Pradesh is cool and full of beautiful scenery. How about a long drive after say........ummmm....when will the roads will be ready?......:D

Actually I have a fantasy with this news. I always like long drives, eat at Dhabas, watch scenery while driving. Now when there will be roads, naturally there will be Dhabas and other beautiful tasty eateries. And as such Arunachal Pradesh is cool and full of beautiful scenery. How about a long drive after say........ummmm....when will the roads will be ready?......:D

There are many roads already in place in Arunachal. But they are just empty roads and not your typical eat all in the way types
BTW you can come to my state Sikkim till then. :D

There are many roads already in place in Arunachal. But they are just empty roads and not your typical eat all in the way types
BTW you can come to my state Sikkim till then. :D

Already visited that in 2007 with family and stayed in Gangtok where my friend was working in Power Grid Transmission Corporation and at that time we were allowed to visit Nathu-La, shake hands with Chinese soldiers. I now hear that now it is not allowed.

As far as I know there is lot of roads in AP.But this is about the roads nearer to the border It will take time.

yes arunachal is beautiful...more beautiful then Kerala or any others state.... the falls, river, lake , snow capped mountains , flower valleys...... its one of the most beautiful places on earth...
but currently for visiting AP u need pass....lol...

My fellow indian brothers the problem is with our population ... we arunachali are only around 10 lakhs may be lesser than dat if non-arunachali starts to settel parmanently in arunachal then there'll be chaos ... let me give u an example there are bangladeshi chakma refugee settlements areas in arunachal at first there were only few hunderds chakmas in 60s but now there are more than 5 lakhs chakmas and they have form differents unions and taking govt. lands and the lands of local peoples ... these non-arunachalis fight with locals .. rape the local womens ..kill local people and do robbery at darks ...now they wants rights to purches land and form political parties and if they get this advantage that it for the local people of arunachal they will be dominated by non-arunachalis who came as refugees . this is the main fear in the heart of arunachal . we have no problem if peoples from mainland comes and work in arunachal as they wish only condition is that non-arunachalis should not get PRC or settle permanently in arunachal atlest not till when have good sizeable population of our local arunachalis !!

We can understand that.These BD are really a problem whereever they go.
We keralites know that.A few months ago they try this same nasty jobs in Kerala.Well we know how to handle such people and so we also handled them cheerfully.
Since then all is well.
J&K case is different they actually dont desrve that.
But AP case is clear.We are also in favour for that

try ZIRO music festival its great !!

The roads into AP from Tezpur are great, you dont have to wait for new ones to come up. Just need an inner line permit which is no hassle at all - just carry an ID.

Tell me something; have any Bangladeshi settlements got any favour from any political party to buy lands yet? I heard that they have been asking favours from Arunachal Congress for a long time. What is the current position though?

Also, you need to spread out in the state border areas. That is what Modi ji is trying to do. If there are no people in the border areas, then it will become like east Ladakh which was encroached upon and named aksai chin. We have this same problem in north Sikkim especially near the passes which are very high altitude and very cold to live. The army is there but there are very less people, making it vulnerable.

The ancient scholar Chanakya had said that in order for India to be at the peak of our power, we should have entire Himalayan belt and Indian Ocean in our assertive control. This has to be done at all levels.

Back
Top Bottom