What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
2014 Lok Sabha polls: Big losses to UPA, no gain for NDA, survey finds

The UPA is likely to come a cropper in the next Lok Sabha elections with the Congress tally getting almost halved.

The poll, done by CVoter for the TV channel, suggests that the biggest gainers could be regional parties like the SP, Trinamool Congress, AIADMK and YSR Congress, leaving them and others like the BSP, BJD and Left in a position to determine who forms the next government.

19589783.cms

2014 Lok Sabha polls: Big losses to UPA, no gain for NDA, survey finds - Times Of India

Well, I think this is accurate enough, notwithstanding what the congressis say!

Bloody nightmare that. Only the absolutely crazy will prefer a 3rd front government to that of the UPA however badly they have performed.

The only saving grace is that there is no way the third front can form a government without the two biggest parties since many of those who are not in the NDA, UPA circles cannot stand each other (Ex: Mamatha-Communists, AIADMK-DMK, TDP-YSR Congress, SP-BSP)

That's the reason I think third front won't come to power even if did won't even last 13 days :lol:

It doesn't matter. Even if the BJP or the Congress formed the government, Modi or no Modi, the BJP & by extension any PM will be heavily hobbled & at the mercy of smaller parties. Same with the Congress. A major, major disaster.:hitwall:

It doesn't matter. Even if the BJP or the Congress formed the government, Modi or no Modi, the BJP & by extension any PM will be heavily hobbled & at the mercy of smaller parties. Same with the Congress. A major, major disaster.:hitwall:

There should be a law which states that minimum criteria for parties to contest LS election is to be in power on its own in at least 4 states I'll be happy even if it means having congress government at the center for decades until bjp becomes a pan India party but we know all this won't happen

There should be a law which states that minimum criteria for parties to contest LS election is to be in power on its own in at least 4 states I'll be happy even if it means having congress government at the center for decades until bjp becomes a pan India party but we know all this won't happen

I agree. There should. There isn't. We suffer.

The only saving grace is that there is no way the third front can form a government without the two biggest parties since many of those who are not in the NDA, UPA circles cannot stand each other (Ex: Mamatha-Communists, AIADMK-DMK, TDP-YSR Congress, SP-BSP)

There is more chance of CBI forming govt than third front. Atleast they will be guaranteed of support from Mulayam & Mayavati.. :lol:

On serious note... again there will be multiparty coalition government running the country.. & as usual survival issue for the government will supersede any national interest.

NaMonia hits BJP meet, senior leaders report sick

Before the BJP’s much-hyped Goa conclave got underway on Friday, it was widely expected to be the venue for Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi to be named central campaign coordinator for the general elections in 2014. But party patriarch LK Advani, with his conspicuous absence from proceeding on Day 1, seems to have cast a shadow on the crucial meeting and Modi’s elevation here is no longer a given.

“It isn’t easy to bypass Advaniji and make the announcement,” said a BJP leader while another said the likelihood of such an announcement was 50:50.

Advani — down with a stomach bug — may not be present on Saturday too. “He will take a call on Saturday morning, depending on his health,” said an aide, adding that the 85-year-old hadn’t spoken to anyone in the party all day.

The BJP had earlier cold-shouldered Advani’s proposal for a parallel poll management committee under Nitin Gadkari for assembly polls — seen as an attempt to prevent Modi from running away with the limelight.

Several other senior leaders also gave the two-day conclave a miss, prompting the Congress to say ‘Namonitis’ had struck the BJP. On Twitter, they were calling it ‘NaMonia’.

The leaders had their reasons, generally ill health, but it escaped no one that the absentee list was largely made up of people not favourably disposed towards Modi — Uma ******, Yashwant Sinha, Jaswant Singh, Maneka Gandhi and Varun Gandhi.

Adding to the controversy was Sushma Swaraj's “late” arrival for Friday's office bearers' meeting, with speculation rife that she too was displeased by talk of Modi's elevation.

As the day progressed, there was talk that the RSS and BJP president Rajnath Singh would bring Advani around, but many said this was easier said than done. In the end, the meeting apparently ended without any discussion on the campaign committee. "How could it be discussed in such negativity?" one BJP leader told HT.

At a press conference, BJP spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi faced a barrage of questions on the absences and delays. "You are sharing unbelievable reports with me. I can assure you it is not as you are interpreting," he said.

NaMonia hits BJP meet, senior leaders report sick - Hindustan Times

:rofl:

^^^ democracy hai bhai. Everyone reserves the right to express their feelings. Then again most of our political parties are not used to this kinda culture.

By looking at today's news about Advani opposing Modi so much, I seriously think that I should vote for Congress Party rather than BJP without Modi as PM candidate.....Why should i waste my vote with bunch of old people fighting with eachother depsperately to gain power...Such a pathetic behaviour of BJP internal leaders....I am sure....BJP is definitely going to loose with less than 120 if Modi is not given PM slot....After election just let Adavani to keep on shouting for a future PM slot..

By looking at today's news about Advani opposing Modi so much, I seriously think that I should vote for Congress Party rather than BJP without Modi as PM candidate.....Why should i waste my vote with bunch of old people fighting with eachother depsperately to gain power...Such a pathetic behaviour of BJP internal leaders....I am sure....BJP is definitely going to loose with less than 120 if Modi is not given PM slot....After election just let Adavani to keep on shouting for a future PM slot..

That was pretty much expected in a party where there is some form of Democracy & the leader is chosen on his leading abilities & not because of his/her Surname.

Otherwise, Congress is run by the Gandhis & no one can challenge there authority.

SP -----> Mulayam & Sons.

DMK -----> Karunanidhi & Sons.

AIADMK, BSP, TMC -------> Women RULES!!!!

NCP ------> Pawar & Sons (apart from daughter & nephews).

RJD -----> Lalu & Sons.

etc.

When a party follows a completely different approach which is not followed by others, ofcourse there will be SOME trouble.

I think BJP can do a radical thing. Have a US primary style election. Let all leaders who want to be declared as PM candidate fight an internal election and then who wins gets unconditional support

I think BJP can do a radical thing. Have a US primary style election. Let all leaders who want to be declared as PM candidate fight an internal election and then who wins gets unconditional support

I dont think Advani will allow that :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom