What's new

Indian General Elections - 2014

Whom will you Vote for in 2014 General Elections??

• Total voters
x2_1138179a

Olive branch - Indian Express Mobile

CONGRESS party has revised its plan to set up a 35-member team for social media. It is now exploring the possibility of outsourcing the job to private entities while having a small team of its own. Chairman of AICC’s computer department Vishvjit P Singh and party MP Deepender Singh Hooda spent hours on Tuesday and Wednesday going through presentations made by several private companies, including some multinationals, which are eager to take a contract from the ruling party to increase its presence on social media. The party was said to have decided to outsource the job to private groups after it was felt that it may not have the requisite expertise and manpower to “swamp” the social media space as it had planned. The only apprehension the party leaders now have is the lack of political insight and acumen in private entities to project its views on Twitter and Facebook.

Ouch !!!

Advani's analysis makes complete sense and reading it together with mulayam's comments , IMO , we will most probably see elections this year :cheers:

As for your comments about early elections not good for the country , well it will be better than the congress rule for the remaining time period .............:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lok Sabha polls can happen in 2013, predicts Advani

Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) veteran Lal Krishna Advani on Wednesday said Lok Sabha elections could be held earlier than scheduled, even this year.

Advani said it is quite possible that the Government of India may consider about the Lok Sabha polls in 2013 along with the elections to the five states of the country.

"I say it because in Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Rajasthan and Jharkhand, the two parties that are prominently in the battlefield are the Bharatiya Janata Party and the Congress, and the Bharatiya Janata Party can give a better performance in these polls," said Advani.

"So, they would not like the Lok Sabha polls to take place after the assembly elections. So, it is quite possible that the Lok Sabha polls can happen in 2013," he added.

Advani, who has expressed his disappointment over the rampant inflation and corruption during the UPA tenure, had earlier on March 30 also said that the elections might take place in 2013.

The BJP veteran's remark comes at a time when Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has very categorically said that the government is stable and will complete its full five-year term.

"Obviously, coalitions face issues. Sometimes, they give the impression that these arrangements are not very stable and I cannot deny that those possibilities exist. But I am confident our government will complete five years and that the next Lok Sabha elections will take place on schedule," Dr. Singh told the media on board last month, while returning to New Delhi after taking part in the fifth BRICS summit in Durban.

Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had earlier lashed out at the ruling Congress Party, thereby hinting that this outfit could possibly withdraw its support to the government in the coming days.

Yadav, however, later said that he has no plans now to withdraw support to the Congress-led UPA II Government at the Centre.

The Congress-led UPA Government has been in a minority since September last year when Mamata Banerjee pulled out her Trinamool Congress over the Centre's economic reforms, including opening the retail sector to foreign super-chains like Wal-Mart.

M. Karunanidhi-led DMK also withdrew its support to the UPA last month over the issue of alleged human rights violations of Sri Lankan Tamils, and ruled out any reconsideration.

This move of the DMK has made the UPA Government vulnerable despite its assertions of having a parliamentary majority. The ruling coalition will now eye for support from the regional parties, which includes the Bahujan Samaj Party and the Samajwadi Party.

The Samajwadi Party provides outside support to the UPA.

Lok Sabha polls can happen in 2013, predicts Advani :: DNA

@KRAIT @anant_s @samantk @kurup @Dillinger @Abingdonboy @Koovie

I was thinking about the same, November-2013 in all PROBABILITY.

It is certainly likely after elections in the states mentioned in the report.
Barring Jharkhand, all other are states significant for both BJP and Congress in context of number of seats contribution towards LS.
However my guess is February March 2014 is likely time if status quo is maintained in state assembly elections.
However don't read much in Mulayam's statements, i never believe what he says, but Advani's statement could be a pointer of things to come.

I somehow am never able to understand why Sonia didnot choose to get her boy married and her daughter join politics instead. The scene could have been much different today! what Say?

hahahah listening to Pappu's speech at CII.

He is making a fool out of himself.

BG_KEucCMAAr58S.png

Please see the speech and dont laugh..:lol:

@KS @anant_s i need your opinion guys.........

should i ask webby to now close the poll as i guess majority of Indians have already voted & now the poll will attract only trollers from other side, what say??

@KS @anant_s i need your opinion guys.........

should i ask webby to now close the poll as i guess majority of Indians have already voted & now the poll will attract only trollers from other side, what say??

yeah that would eb good. But only the poll. Not the thread.

lol the whole CII speech charade was to counter-act what Modi did at SRCC and Indian Today conclave and it backfired massively on the Congressis.. They should not have taken the bait. Pappu is no Modi.

#arvindsatyagra ‏@nidztrivedi 22m
Rahul Gandhi is an excellent example for all Indian parents.DO NOT push your children into a profession they don't want to be in. #PappuCII"

Back
Top Bottom