What's new

Indian forces arrest more than 1,000 protesters in Kashmir

They should do things the way Ataturk did. Hang the religious leaders and the separatists.

I am the one who don't follow that rule OK

Relax bro, these Indians are happy and laughing today because of that terrible incident in our country but insha'Allah they will cry for thousands of years to come Insha'Allah !!
as they say in Punjabi 'DUSHMAN MARYAN KHUSHI NA KERYE, SAJNA WE MER JANA' Someone mentioned this in another thread)

As for opening a thread i guess you have to post or open a thread in Introduce yourself section and once Mods approves it you'll be able to open a thread.

Anyways, we know that only some part of Kahmir has issues. We treat it like we would treat brain tumor.
Do we decapitate a person who has brain tumor? god forbid NOOOH.
We cure it!
That's exactly what we are trying in Kashmir too.
It might look forceful to those who are watching the clean up operations, but its just a "minor surgery".
I hope you got the drift of it.
Our forces didnt have too many options, trust me.

You sound like Condi The Vampire .... (Condoleezza Rice famously celebrated Israel's 2006 aggression against Lebanon as “the birth pangs of a new Middle East.”) ...

Forget Pakistan, Your Kashmir Policy is self-defeating. Use of “excessive and unwarranted” force against Kashmiri civilians and militants alike has only aggravated the situation, and it has further alienated the Kashmiri Youth.

Kashmir needs political solution, not military action.

@DesiGuy1403 Now tell me how many if any close to this number were baluchis were arrested for your so-called independence movement that you speak of ?

@DesiGuy1403 Now tell me how many if any close to this number were baluchis were arrested for your so-called independence movement that you speak of ?

More of them were exterminated. If I talk talking about certain facts, people will not like it.

I have made my point of the duplicity of Pakistan in dealing with terrorists. So, I am done here.

More of them were exterminated. If I talk talking about certain facts, people will not like it.

I have made my point of the duplicity of Pakistan in dealing with terrorists. So, I am done here.
So Your double s standards have been exposed and you can't answer my question. Pakistan does not need to 'Exterminate" nor arrest a 1000 Baluchis, because their aren't any. Unlike India which will exterminate its own citizen (Kahsmiris)

They should do things the way Ataturk did. Hang the religious leaders and the separatists.
Nah Ah that will only add fuel to the fire. What they should do is Give them more jobs, open more schools, universities, medical centers. Spend more on Human capital development

Nah Ah that will only add fuel to the fire. What they should do is Give them more jobs, open more schools, universities, medical centers. Spend more on Human capital development

We have done that already.
These Wahabis did not learn. ney, they don't want to learn.

They have seen the good side and have taken advantage and now they are seeing the neutral side, you know the one which upholds the law & order? You think rest of India cares about wahabis dying or getting injured in Valley? We have seen what these scum did to Pandits. These people are getting the response they deserve.

BJP is not congress...BJP core voters love BJP when they are showing these Wahabis their place. So, the current thing in Kashmir is perfect for BJP and image. And they will carry on doing it.

Let me tell you, Hurriyat's days are numbered.
Make what ever you want of that statement ;)

The facts on the ground state anything but otherwise. Perhaps, if any, Tangible effort was made, it could be shown with proof, right ? Does any proof exists in form link ?
The rest is B.S enveloped with teenage emotions that you have said

Send them to Jatland :D and Jats will not demad reservation as they will get a source of entertainment .
Good job....arrest all of them
Divide the number by 30 and deport the equivalent number to different states ....
Put sedition charges and keep them under house arrest
No need to shoot them,no need to keep them in valley

The movement by the separatist will slowly fade away

05464130-0161.jpg

Indian police try to stop protesters during a march against the civilian killings in Kashmir's ongoing summer unrest in Srinagar on Saturday. EPA/FAROOQ KHAN (Farooq Khan/EPA)

SRINAGAR, India — Government forces have arrested more than a thousand protesters in Indian-controlled Kashmir in an attempt to stem deadly anti-India demonstrations in the Himalayan region, a top policeman said Monday.

Inspector-General Syed Javaid Mujtaba Gillani said the arrests were made over the past two weeks in a bid to end a month of protests in which more than 55 civilians and two policemen have been killed and thousands injured.

Kashmir has been under a security lockdown and curfew since the killing of a popular rebel commander on July 8 sparked some of the largest protests against Indian rule in recent years.

Tens of thousands of people have defied the curfew and participated in street protests, often leading to clashes between rock-throwing residents and government forces firing live ammunition, shotgun pellets and tear gas.

On Monday, tens of thousands of troops patrolled streets ringed with barbed wire and enforced a curfew in most parts of Kashmir. Shops and schools were closed because of the security crackdown and a separatist-sponsored protest strike.

However, protests demanding the end of Indian rule over the region continued in several places, with reports of clashes between protesters and government forces in at least five locations. Seven civilians were reported injured.

Separatist politicians, who challenge India’s sovereignty over Kashmir, have called on residents to resist the crackdown and stage protests when troops raid neighborhoods to arrest young people.

Kashmir is divided between archrivals India and Pakistan, which have fought two wars over control of the region since British colonialists left the subcontinent in 1947.

India accuses Pakistan of arming and training Kashmiri rebels who have been fighting for independence or for a merger with Pakistan since 1989. Pakistan denies the charge, saying it only provides moral and political support to Kashmiris.

More than 68,000 people, mostly civilians, have been killed since rebel groups began fighting Indian forces in 1989 and in a subsequent Indian military crackdown.

Meanwhile in New Delhi, opposition lawmakers on Monday questioned Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s silence over the situation in Kashmir and demanded that the government take political steps to defuse the crisis.

Lawmakers attacked the government over the firing of shotguns by soldiers at unarmed protesters. Ghulam Nabi Azad, the Congress party leader in the upper house of Parliament, urged Modi to hold a meeting in which leaders of all political parties could discuss and offer ways to reach out to the people of Kashmir.

Troops have continued firing shotguns to disperse angry crowds despite warnings from India’s home ministry to minimize their use, and requests for a ban from local and international rights groups. The pellets have killed at least two men and left hundreds of civilians with serious eye injuries. Dozens of people have lost their vision because of pellet injuries.

Sitaram Yechury of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) denounced the use of shotguns and said people want to know the prime minister’s views on the Kashmir crisis. “The prime minister’s silence is sending a message that this government does not care,” Yechury said.

Meanwhile, an Indian army spokesman said three border guards and a suspected rebel were killed Monday in a gunbattle near the highly militarized Line of Control dividing Kashmir between India and Pakistan.

Col. Nitin N. Joshi said it was not immediately clear if the suspected rebel had entered the Indian side of Kashmir from the Pakistani-controlled portion.

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...243cfe-5d61-11e6-84c1-6d27287896b5_story.html

Best news i heard all day, lock them up if they don't observe the rules!

Look what a shame. Indians being proud on their brutality. Killing innocents and portraying their forces as heroes.:(

I will say it again & again, I am extremely proud of them, in fact they should be held in a remote jail away from Kashmir on suspicion of terrorism. They need a Guantanamo in India! Lets see how much they value free speech & freedom henceforth.

need Helicopter gunships?

These Wahabis did not learn. ney, they don't want to learn.

They have seen the good side and have taken advantage and now they are seeing the neutral side, you know the one which upholds the law & order? You think rest of India cares about wahabis dying or getting injured in Valley? We have seen what these scum did to Pandits. These people are getting the response they deserve.

BJP is not congress...BJP core voters love BJP when they are showing these Wahabis their place. So, the current thing in Kashmir is perfect for BJP and image. And they will carry on doing it.

Let me tell you, Hurriyat's days are numbered.
Make what ever you want of that statement ;)

The Hurriyat's should just be terminated in an encounter, wont be that hard to book them under terrorism and issue arrest orders, if they refuse, then shoot at sight! Center sanctioned of course. The cancer needs to be removed surgically.

The Hurriyat's should just be terminated in an encounter, wont be that hard to book them under terrorism and issue arrest orders, if they refuse, then shoot at sight! Center sanctioned of course. The cancer needs to be removed surgically.

Heh, I think we should just slaughter Hurriyat to the last terrorist and just blame ISI for it.

Article is wrong. India does not arrest people in Kashmir.

After hijacking of plane by terrorists for release of 3 terrorists in jail, India has a policy of capturing terrorist, then torturing them for few hours to get intelligence information and then killing them in encounter. No arrests done.

For civilian protestors we use bullets, tear gas, pellet gun. Arresting them will increase operating cost as we will have to provide for food and shelter.

You sound like Condi The Vampire .... (Condoleezza Rice famously celebrated Israel's 2006 aggression against Lebanon as “the birth pangs of a new Middle East.”) ...

Forget Pakistan, Your Kashmir Policy is self-defeating. Use of “excessive and unwarranted” force against Kashmiri civilians and militants alike has only aggravated the situation, and it has further alienated the Kashmiri Youth.

Kashmir needs political solution, not military action.

Lolz

What kinda political solution do you think is possible in Kashmir's case?
I'm tagging @Aether too because he seems to be in agreement with what you had to say.

1. Kashmir(as it is generally known) includes Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh.
Geographically speaking Kashmir is sandwiched between Jammu and Ladakh. So if you consider giving away Kashmir to Pakistan then it is physically, not possible.

2. If it is because you sympathise with the Muslims in Kashmir then let me tell you, Kashmir has Hindu and Buddhist majority regions too. So what about them?

image.png

The Hindu population in Kashmir valley wasn't so low till 1988 when the Kashmir insurgency began. The exodus of Hindus
Was nothing but a well planned strategy.
I wonder if people with blood on their hands have any right to speak a word on Kashmir, be it a Kashmiri who might have indirectly caused the exodus?

3. The issue could have been resolved long back had our government been proactive and had scrapped article 370z
The youth (not majority but a few mislead ones) are seen pelting stones at our forces because they don't have anything better to do. Yes, I mean it.
Unemployment in the state is nothing but an indirect effect of art 370, which states that people from other states of India are barred from buying property in J&K. The special status of J&K has been a curse.

4. Kashmir is not a political issue. It's a TERRORIST issue.
We have been victims of cross border terrorism. So no matter what, our military is here to stay in J&K, to protect our borders and protect our people.

4. Kashmir is not a political issue. It's a TERRORIST issue.
We have been victims of cross border terrorism. So no matter what, our military is here to stay in J&K, to protect our borders and protect our people.
It's unfinished agenda of partition,Terrorist a term just born after 9/11 drama,India a victim of Terrorism holy shit from supporting Tibetan Guerillas,Mukti Bahani to LTTE India is still victim.
To protect LOC not border and protecting peoples,you call blinding,killing,rape etc protection.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom