What's new

Indian fishermen will be shot if they cross border, says Sri Lankan PM

You dont have to fly over the port to actually see whats happening in the port.in some places the distance from coast to coast between Sl and India is 40 km.

They can fly within their airspace and still watch our ports.

But i am not sure if they can track each and every Indian trawller,but they dont have to,they have to look for once crossing into SL waters.
Sorry bro, but trawlers not outbound from ports.

And nope SLAF is not equipped enough to track small trawlers, which AESA radar is not able to track.

@SrNair chetta I am a mainland Tamil I don't give a fck about Sri Lanka and SL Tamil's. I want all the refuges to be sent back to Sri Lanka.

Are you guys retards? Really? Sri Lanka is well within their rights to take care of anyone crossing into SL sovereign territories. ICG should make sure that does not happen.

Anyone who know me from various posts in Bangladeshi threads know my stand. If someone illegally crosses into another territory then the other country is well within its rights to take appropriate legal action.

Just because the affected party is Indian will not make me change my stance.

I will however make one small concession. Out in the open sea it is difficult to see the maritime boundries specially if one is a poor fisherman with no GPS. This is not the case in case of the indo-Bangla border which is well marked and fenced.

In such a case I will say that SL Navy/Coast Gaurd can warn them that they are crossing into SL territory. If even after warning they don't obey the law then the SL Navy/Coast Guard are free to take any appropriate action.

I also agree with @Razia Sultana that govt should provide them subsidized GPS. When Tamil Politicians can gift so many freebies like Wheat, Rice, TVs, Idli at 1 Rupee in Amma Canteen why cant they give their fishermen GPS?

@SrNair chetta I am a mainland Tamil I don't give a fck about Sri Lanka and SL Tamil's. I want all the refuges to be sent back to Sri Lanka.

Nope you keep them. They are your brethren after all.

Try not to keep them locked up in camps. It looks stupid when you and your leaders scream and cry for Sri Lankan Tamils in Sri Lanka yet treat Sri Lankan Tamils in India like Shit.

Nope you keep them. They are your brethren after all.

Try not to keep them locked up in camps. It looks stupid when you and your leaders scream and cry for Sri Lankan Tamils in Sri Lanka yet treat Sri Lankan Tamils in India like Shit.

you do know that no one in Tamil Nadu gives a damn about SL Tamil issue, you might see some crazy guy like Vaiko or other politicians screaming crap just for media publicity. During last elections dumb Karuna tried to rake up this issue and no one in TN bought it. So let me tell you not every one in TN are supporters of eelam. Around 98% don't know what is the exact issue that SL Tamils are facing. btw we are ready to keep the refugees with us as long as they integrate in to our society. At the end of the day they are SRI LANKAN Tamils don't forget it.

you do know that no one in Tamil Nadu gives a damn about SL Tamil issue, you might see some crazy guy like Vaiko or other politicians screaming crap just for media publicity. During last elections dumb Karuna tried to rake up this issue and no one in TN bought it. So let me tell you not every one in TN are supporters of eelam. Around 98% don't know what is the exact issue that SL Tamils are facing. btw we are ready to keep the refugees with us as long as they integrate in to our society. At the end of the day they are SRI LANKAN Tamils don't forget it.

Vast majority of people in Tamil Nadu have thier own issues to be dealt with.. It's the political class of TN that tries to keep the Sri Lankan Tamil issue burning for thier own ulterior motives.. And of cause the poaching done by TN fishermen in Sri Lankan waters by these organised crime syndicates.. Most of the bottom trawling fleets are owned by TN politicians or by those connected to them.. Ordinary fishermen cannot afford those.. That is another reason why they want to keep Indo Lanka relations at a attritional phase

All Sri Lankan Tamil refugee's in TN need to be repatriated home at their free will.. They are Lankan citizens

Vast majority of people in Tamil Nadu have thier own issues to be dealt with.. It's the political class of TN that tries to keep the Sri Lankan Tamil issue burning for thier own ulterior motives.. And of cause the poaching done by TN fishermen in Sri Lankan waters by these organised crime syndicates.. Most of the bottom trawling fleets are owned by TN politicians or by those connected to them.. Ordinary fishermen cannot afford those.. That is another reason why they want to keep Indo Lanka relations at a attritional phase

All Sri Lankan Tamil refugee's in TN need to be repatriated home at their free will.. They are Lankan citizens

You are 100% correct I too had a Friend who knows fishermen and they themselves admit that pickings were very less on our end due to overfishing hence they had to venture to SL side. Also these mofo politicians use large fishing trawlers to catch fish and export them with exorbitant profits.

Because of these idiotic Dravida parties TN one of vibrant economies of India is loosing itS investments to Telegana and Gujarat.

Stuck fishbone: Don’t allow Wickremasinghe threat to queer pitch of Modi’s Sri Lanka visit - TOI Blogs

Even as Prime Minister Narendra Modi prepares to undertake this week what will be the first visit by an Indian prime minister to Sri Lanka in a quarter century, Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremasinghe struck a discordant note in warming India-Sri Lanka ties by saying that Indian fishermen entering Sri Lankan waters will be shot. While the regime transition in Colombo – from President Mahinda Rajapaksa’s hardline nationalist government to the more liberal and conciliatory approach of the new government headed by President Maithripala Sirisena – does offer New Delhi opportunities, Wickremasinghe’s warning makes it clear there are hurdles in the way.

Rajapaksa’s politics made him strongly pro-China but Colombo may now be swinging round to a more even-handed view. It is re-examining a $1.5 billion Chinese real estate project in Colombo where the terms are stacked in China’s favour. It’s a good sign for New Delhi if Sri Lanka is prepared to look at economic projects and trade ties neutrally, and also that Sirisena made India his first foreign port of call after assuming office. But New Delhi should note that Sirisena government could strongly defend its perception of Sri Lankan interests as far as India is concerned as well.

If fishermen are an emotive issue in Colombo, then New Delhi must move quickly to assuage Sri Lanka’s concerns. It must be prepared to stop Indian fishermen from fishing in Sri Lankan waters. Moreover bottom trawlers, which have been banned in most parts of the world, must be banned in India as well. They have contributed to the problem as they have led to over fishing in Indian waters, besides damaging other marine life and habitat. A meeting between fishermen’s associations of the two countries is overdue and should be held soon after Modi’s visit to hammer out solutions to contentious issues.

Mate don't be fooled over words. After all samv seemed to be right. This government is nothing but a clown of India.

Sri Lanka : Sri Lankan government to review Chinese funded Lotus Tower project

Very easy to get caught on to rhetoric.. I'm not 100% happy either but need to appreciate what ever is right.. It's not about China or India it's about the previous regime and their corruption.. The thing is Indian and foreign media does not highlight what else is been reviewed much for obvious reasons.. Targeting China seems to be the pet project these days to avoid dissapointment.. Non of those projects will be cancelled.. Mark my word

Tata Housing disappointed at Sri Lanka reviewing Colombo project - Economic Times

Very easy to get caught on to rhetoric.. I'm not 100% happy either but need to appreciate what ever is right.. It's not about China or India it's about the previous regime

Tata Housing disappointed at Sri Lanka reviewing Colombo project - Economic Times
Does it make it right? They are actively destroying all the investments and part of it is to please india. At this rate, I won't even be surprised if they start demolishing express ways. I don't think there is another nation other than Sri Lanka where people are so determined to stay in the third world.

Does it make it right? They are actively destroying all the investments and part of it is to please india. At this rate, I won't even be surprised if they start demolishing express ways. I don't think there is another nation other than Sri Lanka where people are so determined to stay in the third world.

Again getting caught to rhetoric mate ? Sometimes when people posts the same BS over and over again makes you doubt your own good sense.. I know..

Name a single project that has been cancelled ? All suspended pending clearances that were not done by the previous regime.. For obvious reasons of kickbacks.. How is suspending the biggest Indian investment project in Colombo pleasing India ? Guess why the trolls dont highlight those.. Sampur wont go ahead either.. It's environmental clearance will not be passed.. The Port project will get the green light by Wednesday.. Just wait and see.. Lotus tower will be completed.. It's already 30% built

Again getting caught to rhetoric mate ? Sometimes when people posts the same BS over and over again makes you doubt your own good sense.. I know..

Name a single project that has been cancelled ? All suspended pending clearances that were not done by the previous regime.. For obvious reasons of kickbacks.. How is suspending the biggest Indian investment project in Colombo pleasing India ? Guess why the trolls dont highlight those.. Sampur wont go ahead either.. It's environmental clearance will not be passed.. The Port project will get the green light by Wednesday.. Just wait and see.. Lotus tower will be completed.. It's already 30% built
How do you know that it will get green light?

If Srilanka won't allow bharti fishermen cross line, then how can wepons be shipped to Srilanka?

Back
Top Bottom