What's new

Indian Farmers Display Skulls Of Colleagues Who Have Commited Suicide, During Protests In New Dehli

I already told you rate of suicide matters. Why it is so difficult for you to understand?
Factors associated with the farmer suicide crisis in India
Journal of Epidemiology and Global Health

Volume 6, Issue 4, December 2016, Pages 217-227

Socioeconomic factors, rather than mental health problems, are associated with farmer suicides, with increased indebtedness playing the predominant role. Socioeconomic factors, rather than mental health problems, are associated with farmer suicides, with increased indebtedness playing the predominant role. Available research suggests this has arisen to a greater extent recently, due to an agrarian crisis affecting the most vulnerable farmers. This has multiple manifestations, including a lack of agricultural investment and irrigation improvement, use of cash crops, the increased use of noninstitutional credit sources, and the reduction of trade barriers
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...farmers-linked-to-climate-change-study-claims
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-tells-supreme-court/articleshow/58486441.cms

Farmers suicides are self infected problem not related to Govt action or rules.

My area (Malenadu belt) traditional farmers who use to cultivate paddy & sugar cane used to take crop loan and used it for financing their cultivation but now they shifted to betel nut since it fetches higher market price but betel nut is a commercial corp and govt doesn't encourage it or provide financial support unlike traditional crops. In early years of 1999-2001 betel nut gave a bumper price and all the commercial farmers become sudden rich, they invested money erratically now price is low and they are struggling and blaming Govt.

Due to this middlemen misuse the situation they illegally lend money and honey-trap them. even though govt setup APMC (Agricultural Produce Market Committee) yards to protect them and to provide rightful price to them. People prefer middlemen as they will pay you cash in advance and lift the material at doorstep, which APMC Yards doesn't do.

Nexus of commission agents and middlemen has made farmers to suffer. Fluctuating prices of Commercial Crops added problems to them.

Those who are still doing traditional farming are living happily unlike others.

Modi Govt should build more statues. I am sure this will help Indian farmers. Same was the case with Nawaz Sharif, he thought flyovers and underpasses can provide shelter and food to common people, and can even cure diseases if needed.

DtRFGsEXcAAyZe2.jpg:large

Tens of thousands of Indian farmers have marched to the parliament in the capital, Delhi, to highlight the deepening agrarian crisis.

They arrived on Thursday from across the country and held a rally demanding better crop prices, drought relief and loan waivers.

Indian agriculture has been blighted by a depleting water table and declining productivity for decades.

This is the fourth such farmers' protest in the past year.

Farmers make up important voting bloc in the country and, analysts say, given the scale of the protests, their discontentment could hurt the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in next year's general election.

"We voted for the BJP but anti-farmer policies of the government have hit us hard," Lakhan Pal Singh, one of the farmers participating in the march, told Reuters news agency.

One of their chief demands is a special parliamentary session to discuss solutions to the agrarian crisis, including a full loan waiver and higher crop prices.

Half of India's population works on farms, but farming contributes only 15% to the country's GDP.
In most states, governments have been less than swift in paying the farmers more for their crops - the federal government sets the price for produce and procures crops from farmers to incentivise production and ensure income support.

Indian farmers also struggle with debt owed to banks and money lenders. And crop failures trigger farm suicides with alarming frequency. At least 300,000 farmers have killed themselves since 1995.

"In Mumbai, we had blisters in our feet [from walking]. They [the government] had promised that they would fulfil our demands in three months, but they never did," she told BBC Marathi.

Several young doctors and medical students have also joined the farmers to show support and to provide them with medical aid, if necessary.

"I wanted to be a part of this march to show solidarity with the agitating farmers."

The protest in Delhi is the latest by farmers in recent years. In March, tens of thousands of farmers from the western state of Maharashtra had walked 160km (100 miles) to Mumbai city in support of similar demands.

And last year, drought-hit farmers from the southern state of Tamil Nadu brandished human skulls and held live mice in their mouths to draw attention to their plight.
Another biased post. Person displaying skulls was noticed in Photo-shoot by another biased Indian new channel India Today. After a tea cup storm of the exposure, last year farmer protest was called off.

Farmers are businessmen, who unfortunately work under govt controlled part where they get money on less cost, subsidized fertilizers, pesticides and other stuff. Only difference is, they have to sell to person who have political connects (APMC). Whichever business is out of govt control in India is flourished, rest are doomed.

I am a businessman, if my business is not working good, shall i go and force banks to waive my loan and then issue me another loan just to waive off again. This is crony capitalism of small size. As middle class person, why my tax is used for these loan waivers, lets put all such farmers in residential/ commercial properties of politicians who are asking for loan waivers. Also put all illegal migrants in India in houses of NGO supporting them. Then see how they talk sense.
Time is to stop being politically correct and take effective decisions.

They eat rats, grass while Indians on PDF trying hard to prove that India is super rich, should be consider chupa pawa :lol: In reality India is the home of world's largest poorest population.

Distress is causing obesity in poor farmers!! :cry:

DtZJJW6XQAA0h0G.jpg

Distress is causing obesity in poor farmers!! :cry:

DtZJJW6XQAA0h0G.jpg
Eating rice with salt only gave you big tummy, you are moron.....3 lakhs farmers in India committed suicides in in recent years and according to you they kill themselves because of eating too much? shame on you..

@Tom M Tommy this called economic crisis where people commit suicide and protest because of bad business conditions.

Eating rice with salt only gave you big tummy, you are moron.....3 lakhs farmers in India committed suicides in in recent years and according to you they kill themselves because of eating too much? shame on you..

Yes, those Fat Flabby tummy and man boobs comes from eating rice and salt :lol:

:lol: .......... :lol: ......... :lol:

That guy holding the Skull is A.k. Ayakannu Tamil Naidu Lawyer/politician/Farmer, and he is so poor that he owns a Audi. :lol:

He also joined sand mafia and steals sand.

These are the crooks who are doing Drama under the garb of Farmers March in Delhi Its a sponsored protest before elections. lol.

Very very rare when farmers commit suicide due to bad crop only... I've seen how suicide due to family quarrel has been put as suicide due to bad crop...

When Recently BKU was marching towards Delhi... People were having some genuine demands... which were addressed promptly...

It means suicides are drama? Everyone knows farmers in India commit suicides.

But it rarely happens due to bad crop only... in my personal life I have seen just 1 farmer who committed suicide after looking at his destroyed fields... family quarrel is major reason... suicide is not an easy task...

Very very rare when farmers commit suicide due to bad crop only... I've seen how suicide due to family quarrel has been put as suicide due to bad crop...

When Recently BKU was marching towards Delhi... People were having some genuine demands... which were addressed promptly...

The joker in the picture is a professional scam artist.

Last time he pulled this stunt, he was caught hiring movie extras to act as farmers :lol:

But it rarely happens due to bad crop only... in my personal life I have seen just 1 farmer who committed suicide after looking at his destroyed fields... family quarrel is major reason... suicide is not an easy task...

I do not wish to dismiss real farmer issues to to the comical actions of this scam artist. Modi govt. needs to do more to make their lives a lot easier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom