How is the plan?

• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
recently I have been given 3 month unlimite 4 g free. Some day i use 2 GB a day.
750 rs. for 2mbps 75gb and then 500 kbps unlimited :ashamed:
750 rs. for 2mbps 75gb and then 500 kbps unlimited :ashamed:
I saw it on Zee news i think.

Anyways wireless cannot compete with fiber,i pay Rs 5000 for 100 mbps 230 gb data(then 5 mbps unlimited).
:o::o: It must be for business use?
Bros I m currently using 1mbps unlimited just 400rs:pleasantry::meeting::drag:

Long overdue:

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...r-30-billion-exports/articleshow/52869230.cms

NEW DELHI: India's cabinet on Wednesday approved a package for the textiles sector with measures such as tax sops and relaxation of labour laws, with a three-year target of 10 million more jobs, $30 billion additional exports and $11 billion fresh investment.

The package was approved at a meeting of the cabinet presided over by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, which took note of India's falling share in the global textile exports to Bangladesh and Vietnam, yet with the potential to grab the market being ceded by China.

Briefing reporters later, officials said the package includes full burden of provident fund on government, reduction in yearly working days for calculation of income tax rebate and additional subsidy for machinery under the amended technology upgradation fund scheme.

As per official data, the textiles and apparel sector already contributes 14 per cent to India's factory output, 4 per cent to its GDP and 13 per cent, or nearly $40 billion, to exports. With 45 million people engaged in it, it is also among the largest sources of employment in the country.

Officials said the new package was mainly aimed at women empowerment since they constitute 70 per cent of the workforce in the garment industry. This apart, the measures are labour-friendly and will create jobs and economies of scale and boost exports, they said

much needed step, this is one area where we can create huge number of low-skilled jobs.

much needed step, this is one area where we can create huge number of low-skilled jobs.

They need to improve the labour laws to have easy hire/fire to make use of seasonal work (just like there exists in farming contract labour). That's the only way to achieve larger economies of scale with flexibility of world demand cycles in say RMG...and how we can compete with Bangladesh which has access to lower tariffs from major world consumers because of its LDC category.

govt is subsidizing 1AC fares
To start with all types of fares on Indian Railways were historically subsidized. Slowly some of this has started to go and fares becoming more in line with the expenditure borne by railways. You must have noticed that in past few years, Railways has started to increase fares in AC classes as sleeper class is an untouchable and politically sensitive entity. Second, a lot of premier trains now have almost equal number of AC coaches vis a vis SL coaches. This makes loss borne by railways in each train lower. I'l quote example of Paschim express (Mumbai Amritsar) which i travel a lot, now has 9 AC coaches (5+3+1) against 8 SL coaches. Similarly Punjab Mail (Mumbai Firozpur), too has 8-9 AC coaches with 10 SL coaches.
Trouble lies with our mentality, where we want everything, without paying for it and as a result not only the services tend to be poor, but finances of service provider too get strained.

PS: a word for First AC. Last December, i was traveling with my family from Dahanu Road (Maharashtra) to Mathura on Paschim express. My son turned 6 last year and we brought a full ticket for him in First AC. We were allotted a cabin (4 berths) and had an elderly lady as Forth passenger. when TC came and saw ticket for my son, he smiled. When i asked why, he said, That we (4 in cabin) were the only passengers to be traveling on proper tickets, other 16 odd were either on VIP passes or Railway big shots.
i dont know what happens elsewhere, but with scenario like this, we have none but ourselves to blame for the financial mess railway is in.

Govt should remove 1AC subsidy. Infact most of rajdhani type subsidy should be rationalised as much as possible
All subsidies must go and let Railway board decide the fares. That would be proper autonomy, they have been asking for long.

PS: a word for First AC. Last December, i was traveling with my family from Dahanu Road (Maharashtra) to Mathura on Paschim express. My son turned 6 last year and we brought a full ticket for him in First AC. We were allotted a cabin (4 berths) and had an elderly lady as Forth passenger. when TC came and saw ticket for my son, he smiled. When i asked why, he said, That we (4 in cabin) were the only passengers to be traveling on proper tickets, other 16 odd were either on VIP passes or Railway big shots.
i dont know what happens elsewhere, but with scenario like this, we have none but ourselves to blame for the financial mess railway is in.

Yes I have seen this very thing in Railways and also the two State Air Carriers back in the day a lot. With airlines at least it can be opened to private players quite easily....hence why cost has gone down a lot for airfare and choice and quality is quite decent w.r.t what you pay for nowadays compared to the days of just Air India + Indian Airlines.

It is why I am of the belief that long term its fine to have railways infra (stations, railways etc) under overall public ownership/management (private elements can be introduced as PPP model etc)....but there must be some way to privatise train operations with multiple players....be it freight or passengers....and DBT for the poor for their tickets instead of general subsidy. Then there is also no need for separate rail budget either, it simply becomes another infra section for govt just like highways.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom