What's new

Indian diplomat held for counter espionage for Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you all assume that she was apparently passing secrets to Pakistan? Has it been said anywhere that she was working for the Pakistanis? What incentives would she have working for among all other countries, for Pakistanis? Give me one. (Consulate workers get paid handsomely, so Pakistani money is NOT an incentive!)

IMHO, she was apparently working for some foreign intelligence agency, given her status and ranking in the consulate. Money would not be the motivator for working against India, and that too for Pakistan? LMAOROTL!! Maybe a permanent residency visa to a western country in all likelihood would have been the motivator. That narrows the culprits to a few countries.

Picking out Pakistan for recruiting such a mole is an interesting thing to do. Wonder what the agenda might have been?

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Nice try AM!

Everyone is reporting now that she was indeed spying for Pakisan, ISI in particular.

BBC News - India arrests diplomat for 'spying for Pakistan'

Becuase you have a biased and one sided view of Pakistan and Pakitani's, you underestimate what we can do.

And Madhuri was keen on coming to Pakistan, her heart must have told her to.

http://sify.com/news/Madhuri-Gupta-worked-with-ICWA-was-keen-to-go-to-Pakistan-news-National-ke1r4cbegai.html

Ms. Gupta is originally the station chief of RAW/TIA at Islamabad which the media is not reporting. She needs to have working relationship with her Pakistani counter parts which is very normal. However, it is untrue that she passed anything to the ISI. She is a victim of her own Indian colleagues' malice.

Ms. Gupta is originally the station chief of RAW/TIA at Islamabad which the media is not reporting. She needs to have working relationship with her Pakistani counter parts which is very normal. However, it is untrue that she passed anything to the ISI. She is a victim of her own Indian colleagues' malice.

Hi Mate

Are you speculating or do you have valid reason to believe this?

Regards
Stumper

Reminds me of this.

(1985) A routine background check on various staff members working for the Indian embassy raised suspicions on an Indian woman who worked as a school teacher in an Indian School in Islamabad. Her enthusiastic and too friendly attitude gave her up. She was in reality an agent working for the Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW). ISI monitored her movements to a hotel in Islamabad where she rendezvoused with a local Pakistani man who worked as an nuclear engineer for Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission. ISI then confronted her and were then able to turn her into a double agent spying on the Indian Embassy in Islamabad.

Hi EMO

Actually i was expecting Pak member to raise the issue of timing behind this arrest.

It's surprising that MEA actually gave out this arrest information at so early a stage, considering that they suspect more individuals are involved. I had a friend working in minor capacity with a intelligence body. He said, such moles when detected, are kept under surveillance and once apprehended tried to be re-cultivated.

I'm not the typical conspiracy guy..... but something does not seem right here.

Regards.

my point remains & you have given me another reason to go for it, one year means Indians must have fed wrong info to ISI & most probably ISI found it out & they busted her & RAW tried to cultivate her but failed, Typical double agent story coming to an end too soon :D

Hi Mate

Are you speculating or do you have valid reason to believe this?

Regards
Stumper

If you insist on a link I would have to breach Official Secrecy Act. Ms. Gupta has personality clash with the High Com. Everyone knows about this at the Indian High Com at Islamabad.

my point remains & you have given me another reason to go for it, one year means Indians must have fed wrong info to ISI & most probably ISI found it out & they busted her & RAW tried to cultivate her but failed, Typical double agent story coming to an end too soon :D

EMO Girl : Yeh, if she was under surveillance for some time, she must have been fed wrong data. You suggesting that since ISI busted her, she was recalled and dumped by RAW (no way could she be re-cultivated once exposed). Makes sense considering that its only 4 days since she was questioned .

Still, why did MEA openly admit this... would have been national disgrace (no matter level of damage she has already done). Why is the MEA so openly discussing a mole which can potentially be embarrassing for GoI & RAW.

she was under observation for last one year meaning, she's one hell of a genius & a hard nut to crack

& under observation by Indians mean that ISI might have known that she's busted & gave away her reality as she was of no use for ISI

One year isn't a long duration at all.And I'm sure they weren't just keep track up her ,but her pawn associates in India too .

Last edited:

U must be kidding when u say ISI let go off her once they found out she is tracked by RAW.

If ISI knew that she is tracked then,she would've been informed immediately by ISI and given her enough chance to fool her Indian watchers.

highly-placed official said though Gupta holds technical status as a diplomat, she is not from the Indian Foreign Service cadre. He protested against the media describing her as the first-ever Indian diplomat arrested for spying.

"She is a B-grade officer in the Urdu translation section of the foreign office and is posted in Islamabad as an Urdu interpreter," he said

The story behind diplomat-turned-spy's arrest: Rediff.com India News

A couple of women do something that Indians in general did not like and all women are being generalized by the commentator.

That is what I meant but you took it in a wrong manner, well its corrected now.

I was in no way attributing to all indians, if I were I would have indicated so.

Ok. I am glad we cleared that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom