What's new

Indian Diaspora in USA

Like I said, Indian Americans are smart people. I never denied this. I simply said that the reason is because they are the very very top of a huge population, and this is therefore not a reflection of India.

Indian American GDP per capita is around $90,000. So, if the average Indian showed no genetic differences in intelligence compared to the average Indian American, then the Indian GDP would be $109 trillion at the current population of 1.21 billion people.

So you actually believe this? India will have a GDP 7x larger than the USA, just as soon as you get that inequality fixed?

As per your logic even if we take chinese gdp at 8 trillion then chinese american per capita should not be even 8000 dollors. But it is not ,is it. Again i say the discussion is about diaspora in US.its a comparison how different diaspora are doing in US. I dont see you point bringing India as country to the discussion.let me put it in simple terms so that you understand..if the cheaf designer of latest ferrari car is chinese, you are argueing why chinese in china are not designing and producing the cars like ferrari.you get my point.so lets discuss the design of the car shall we.

As per your logic even if we take chinese gdp at 8 trillion then chinese american per capita should not be even 8000 dollors. But it is not ,is it.

No, I believe that Chinese Americans are a reflection of the potential of Chinese people. I believe we will get to a point where our GDP per capita does surpass that of the West. It's happened many times before, and the fact that there are many countries today (Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan) that have either equaled or surpassed the West is proof of my argument.

Singapore is a country of ethnic Chinese descent. They built the country, with the highest population density in the world, little natural resources, and they are today not only richer than the European economies, but even the USA.

its a comparison how different diaspora are doing in US

There is more to it than that. People expect that if Indian Americans can be such "masters" to White people, than 1.2 billion Indians will be 100x more so. That's the reason for all of this propaganda declaring Indian to become a superpower or to own White servants, etc.

No, I believe that Chinese Americans are a reflection of the potential of Chinese people. I believe we will get to a point where our GDP per capita does surpass that of the West. It's happened many times before, and the fact that there are many countries today (Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, and Japan) that have either equaled or surpassed the West is proof of my argument.

Singapore is a country of ethnic Chinese descent. They built the country, with the highest population density in the world, little natural resources, and they are today not only richer than the European economies, but even the USA.

There is more to it than that. People expect that if Indian Americans can be such "masters" to White people, than 1.2 billion Indians will be 100x more so. That's the reason for all of this propaganda declaring Indian to become a superpower or to own White servants, etc.

Even i too belive Indian americans are a reflection to the potential of Indians and i too belive the Indian GDP per capita surpasses that of the west.

Even i too belive Indian americans are a reflection to the potential of Indians and i too belive the Indian GDP per capita surpasses that of the west.

In education, China has already reached and maybe surpassed OECD levels. In terms of intelligence quotient, China is also at the top with other East Asian countries.

When you see the results from India, they are not a reflection of an intellectually matured society.

In education, China has already reached and maybe surpassed OECD levels. In terms of intelligence quotient, China is also at the top with other East Asian countries.

When you see the results from India, they are not a reflection of an intellectually matured society.
Listen bro, India is a developing nation, for years it has been trying to deal with border issues, religious violence, countless insurgent groups, corrupt officials and it has come so far from 1947. The amount of people exiting poverty is ridiculous. We are nowhere near developed and anyone who says that is stupid. We are not even comparing ourselves too China. But you are acting like ALL the smart Indians have left India. There is no point comparing India and China. We are still developing, and over time things will get better. You can look at statistics and see a gradual rise in literacy, rise in people leaving poverty etc. Too say India will always be in it's current condition is stupid.

Yeah we have to worry about humanrights, freedom to protest ,basically Indians enjoy too much freedom so its takes time you see we cannot force peope.

Yeah we have to worry about humanrights, freedom to protest ,basically Indians enjoy too much freedom so its takes time you see we cannot force peope.

To get freedom, you need take correspondent responsibilities. I haven't seen your governments' power of execution. You always elected different corrupted officials every term with no exception and in the meantime tried many times to convince yourselves: that's liberty. You just vote for whoever ruled you with sweet words and unreliable promise, that's not real liberty.

Listen bro, India is a developing nation, for years it has been trying to deal with border issues, religious violence, countless insurgent groups, corrupt officials and it has come so far from 1947. The amount of people exiting poverty is ridiculous. We are nowhere near developed and anyone who says that is stupid. We are not even comparing ourselves too China. But you are acting like ALL the smart Indians have left India. There is no point comparing India and China. We are still developing, and over time things will get better. You can look at statistics and see a gradual rise in literacy, rise in people leaving poverty etc. Too say India will always be in it's current condition is stupid.

No, I don't think India will remain in it's current position, but I don't know why the automatic position is that India will be one of the few countries to unquestionably survive the middle-income trap.

India has not yet really reached the middle-income in the first place, so to hear a lot of people proclaiming the "rise of India" or "Indian superpower" is just arrogance in my opinion.

You might want to respond by saying it would be immature to declare the same for China, yet I don't see that many Chinese talking of future superpower status. Even so, they wouldn't be wrong. China is only 2nd to the USA in terms of national power, GDP, military spending, etc. China has already surpassed the US in some of these measures.

The same can't be said for India though. India's GDP is still small enough that it sits next to Italy and Canada, and the history of the Rupee is not one that gives future projections much optimism.

Anyway, I agree with you that India has not stopped growing yet.

What does freedom have to do with education levels and intelligence quotient?

You are implying that there is an inverse correlation between the development of a nation and the freedom it has; that is, the less free the more intelligent.

This is without a doubt completely false, as the most liberal and open democracies are located in the most powerful and educated nations of the world today. India's problems don't come from having too much freedom.

To get freedom, you need complete same level responsibilities. I haven't seen your governments' power of execution. You always elected different corrupted officials every term, no exception and in the meantime tried many times to convince yourselves: that's liberty. You just chose whoever ruled you with sweet words and unreliable promise, that's not real liberty.

Libery is different from being free. And any way we have a choice atleast that we exercise is different ..why are you guys so paranoid about India.we are talking about the diaspora in US and Indian doaspora doing great.if want to discuss that plz go ahead .

No, I don't think India will remain in it's current position, but I don't know why the automatic position is that Indian will be one of the few countries to unquestionably survive the middle-income trap.

Indian has not yet really reached the middle-income in the first place, so to hear a lot of people proclaiming the "rise of India" or "Indian superpower" is just arrogance in my opinion.

You might want to respond by saying it would be immature to declare the same for China, yet I don't see that many Chinese talking of future superpower status. Even so, they wouldn't be wrong. China is only 2nd to the USA in terms of national power, GDP, military spending, etc. China has already surpassed the US in some of these measures.

The same can't be said for India though. India's GDP is still small enough that it sits next to Italy and Canada, and the history of the Rupee is not one that gives future projections much optimism.

Anyway, I agree with you that India has not stopped growing yet.

What does freedom have to do with education levels and intelligence quotient?

You are implying that there is an inverse correlation between the development of a nation and the freedom it has; that is, the less free the more intelligent.

This is without a doubt completely false, as the most liberal and open democracies are located in the most powerful and educated nations of the world today. India's problems don't come from having too much freedom.

We are discussing about Indian diaspora in us in realtion to others and what has eduation and inteligence of Indians to do with it.you want to talk about the inteligence of Indian diaspora you can do that.

Indian Americans (5 million ppl, with average IQ of 112) are indeed quite dumb. They are H1bI mostly by default - with a job and higher than average salary - representing less than top 2 % of Indian population .

They appear "smart" and "with the highest earnings" only when compared to the average income of the entire population of others which includes even those who are unemployeed and receive govt benefits or food stamps as income.

It's very easy to see why quantitatively:

IQ is normally distributed within a population, so we have

1. In India ( 1200 million ppl, avg IQ: 82)

There are 24 millions (2% of Indian population) Indians with IQ >= 112 ( btw 112 is Indian American average IQ).

There are ONLY 1.2 million indians with IQ >=127 - majority of them are perhaps already in the West anyway.

2. In USA ( about 250 million white, with avg IQ : 100):

There're 35 million White Americans with IQ >= 114. ( compared to 5 million Indian American's average of 112)

There're 250,000 White Americans with IQ >= 144 ( There 're only about thousands of Indians at this level)

3. In China ( 1300 million ppl, avg IQ : 106)

There're 180 million Chinese with IQ > = 121. Conservatively there're about 300 million Chinese with IQ > = 112 (compared to 5 million Indian American's average of 112)

There're 26 million Chinese with IQ >=136

Thre're 1.3 million Chinese with IQ >= 151 (if normailsed, the # of Indians in India with such a IQ level is almost negligible!) (note: Einstein IQ is about 160)

(from here one can verify that China's high tech R&D human resource potential is humongous!!!)

Now, assume advanced weapon systems R&D requires average IQ of about 140 (more than average post-doc on hard science level from famous world-class uni such as MIT, Catech, Tsinghua, etc) collaborating along the entire value chains, then you know why Indians/India can't even R&D quality rifles and bullets.

Indian Americans with only avg 112 IQ are "smart"? :omghaha: compared to whom? It is one of the most retarded jokes around.

I dont understand why indian cheerleaders are always harping these same tunes.

Have anyone seen the same thing as said above happening in Adivasis, Assam, Kashmir ...etc?

This is a MUST SEE for anyone who wants to know more about indian democracy. Read the text or just view the attached video documentary here:

India's Silent War - Al Jazeera Correspondent - Al Jazeera English

After seeing the video, I think the country that is comparable to this part of india is Somalia.

Indian Americans (5 million ppl, with average IQ of 112) are indeed quite dumb. They are H1bI mostly by default - with a job and higher than average salary - representing less than top 2 % of Indian population .

They appear "smart" and "with the highest earnings" only when compared to the average income of the entire population of others which includes even those who are unemployeed and receive govt benefits or food stamps as income.

It's very easy to see why quantitatively:

IQ is normally distributed within a population, so we have

1. In India ( 1200 million ppl, avg IQ: 82)

There are 24 millions (2% of Indian population) Indians with IQ >= 112 ( btw 112 is Indian American average IQ).

There are ONLY 1.2 million indians with IQ >=127 - majority of them are perhaps already in the West anyway.

2. In USA ( about 250 million white, with avg IQ : 100):

There're 35 million White Americans with IQ >= 114. ( compared to 5 million Indian American's average of 112)

There're 250,000 White Americans with IQ >= 144 ( There 're only about thousands of Indians at this level)

3. In China ( 1300 million ppl, avg IQ : 106)

There're 180 million Chinese with IQ > = 121. Conservatively there're about 300 million Chinese with IQ > = 112 (compared to 5 million Indian American's average of 112)

There're 26 million Chinese with IQ >=136

Thre're 1.3 million Chinese with IQ >= 151 (if normailsed, the # of Indians in India with such a IQ level is almost negligible!) (note: Einstein IQ is about 160)

(from here one can verify that China's high tech R&D human resource potential is humongous!!!)

Now, assume advanced weapon systems R&D requires average IQ of about 140 (more than average post-doc on hard science level from famous world-class uni such as MIT, Catech, Tsinghua, etc) collaborating along the entire value chains, then you know why Indians/India can't even R&D quality rifles and bullets.

Indian Americans with only avg 112 IQ are "smart"? :omghaha: compared to whom? It is one of the most retarded jokes around.

Very impressive. I've seen statistics like this on an American website before.

Just want to fix one minor error. There are actually less than 200 million White Americans now, so the number of them at each level is going to be significantly less.

BTW, you know about BGI Genomics, right? Shenzhen may be the center of a genomic revolution very soon, and I hope the gov. picks up on this right away! Our IQ's may rise even higher in the upcoming generations.

Back
Top Bottom