Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Indian data centre major Yotta to invest Tk2,000cr in Bangladesh

ECONOMY

TBS Report
08 February, 2023, 10:15 pm
Last modified: 08 February, 2023, 10:17 pm

The operator of Asia’s largest certified Tier-IV data centre will build two hyperscale data centre buildings at Kaliakair​

Indian data centre major Yotta to invest Tk2,000cr in Bangladesh

Yotta Data Services – the data centre and cloud services arm of the Mumbai-based conglomerate Hiranandani Group – has announced plans to invest over Tk2,000 crore to set up a modern data centre facility in Bangladesh.

The investment will arrive in four to six years, according to the announcement.

Yotta, the operator of Asia's largest certified Tier-IV data centre, would build its data centre park at the Bangabandhu Hi-Tech City in Kaliakair, Gazipur to house two hyperscale data centre buildings, featuring 4,800 racks and 28.8MW IT power capacity, according to a statement by the company.

Slated to go live with the first data centre building in FY24, the park will bolster the country's digital transformation efforts, serving as the digital backbone of businesses and a catalyst for Digital Bangladesh.

Data centres host servers as the backbone infrastructure of the web world, and based on their category, they are divided into Tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-III and Tier IV.

Sunil Gupta, co-founder and chief executive officer of Yotta Data Services, said, "Being a new-age digital transformation enabler, Yotta helps businesses and governments take giant leaps, and we have been successfully demonstrating this in our homeland – one of the world's largest economies."

"Realising the exponential potential of Bangladesh and its emerging leadership in digital transformation, we are excited to bring our industry-acclaimed and trusted capabilities to the country to fuel its digital revolution," he added.

Data proliferation and the adoption of new digital platforms are churning the need for a strong infrastructure backbone in Bangladesh.

Alongside offering state-of-the art data centre services, Yotta would also offer businesses in the region to transform themselves with its proven suite of digital transformation solutions.

The government and private institutions in Bangladesh have a number of data centres mostly for their own use.

The modern Tier-IV data centres might also cater to the demand from the private sector firms in the North-East Indian region, according to a LightCastle report.

The Bangladesh government has announced a number of incentives – including Tax-VAT waivers – to encourage data centre investments in the country.

Yotta's announcement for investment in Bangladesh comes on the heels of inaugurating North India's first hyperscale data centre at Greater Noida. The company already operates the Yotta NM1 Data Center in Navi Mumbai.

There you go. India can help make your dreams of becoming a data centre superpower a reality.

There you go. India can help make your dreams of becoming a data centre superpower a reality.
Thanks. No wish to become data center ''superpower'', but Bangladesh is working to become a major player in this field. We already established the 7th largest Data center in the world with Chinese help in the same Hi-tech city that this Indian Company Yotta is planning to invest.

Bangladesh has 7th largest data centre in the world: Here’s how it can earn foreign currency​

1675914022416.png

I am not sure calling them 'major' makes sense. Barely heard their name, and they have established just 2 data centres so far.

Then please ask the Indian businesses to withdraw their investment from Bangladesh. There are far better countries where we can divert this investment like we can inject this same amount 💵 into your fellow Muslim country Indonesia 🇮🇩 lol
You guys may stick with the Chinese to remain a 4th world shithole forever
Don’t talk like a chutiya. How old are you?

Phoren companies are in a race to open data centres in poor countries. These centres require a lot of air conditioning and the resulting exhaust heats up the entire area. It affects their own emission targets.

I am not sure calling them 'major' makes sense. Barely heard their name, and they have established just 2 data centres so far.

Unsurprising if you haven't heard their name. datacentres always operate in backend.

Thanks. No wish to become data center ''superpower'', but Bangladesh is working to become a major player in this field. We already established the 7th largest Data center in the world with Chinese help in the same Hi-tech city that this Indian Company Yotta is planning to invest.

Bangladesh has 7th largest data centre in the world: Here’s how it can earn foreign currency​

View attachment 915666

yES, Eeveryone in the world is standing in line to put their data on a 'Chinese Data Centre'.

Unsurprising if you haven't heard their name. datacentres always operate in backend.

That would be little strange as I have been working for 17 years in the enterprise IT field. Have tons of certifications from Cisco, EMC, RHEL, VMware, Kubernetes, GCP, AWS etc.,

That would be little strange as I have been working for 17 years in the enterprise IT field. Have tons of certifications from Cisco, EMC, RHEL, VMware, Kubernetes, GCP, AWS etc.,

yeah but these guys operate even behind those guys. When was the last time you wondered if there was a 3rd party cloud farm supporting the datacentre or cloud providers?

yeah but these guys operate even behind those guys. When was the last time you wondered if there was a 3rd party cloud farm supporting the datacentre or cloud providers?
Yep. It's mainly the biggies like GCP, AWS, MS etc who have their own data centres. Many pureplay hosting providers like Hostgator and others just rent out space from one of these players who are unknown to us.

As long as eventually all the workers onsite are BD'shis then all good.

It cannot learn all by itself and so a mix of it's own and FDI is the best.

This will give BD vital experience in operating such complex buildings.

Even in Pakistan we dont have any concept of data center IT export and all revolution of technology. Our fkrs fighting each other and we wait for miracle to listen this Mare Hum watono sathiyon.

Unrelated but I am never impressed by Tech certifications. They don't mean anything. I see lots of people with certs and they know jack shit! Just means they can study for some easy test. No hate to indians but you guys are the worst when it comes to "cert culture".

People with lots of certs tend to be the worst. Can't think for shit can only regurgitate instructions and "best practices" they learned from some course. What you can't use your brain? You need a cert to wipe your *** too?

It is a great corruption in a culture when knowledge is seen only as a means to obtain qualifications and "prestige". Knowledge must be gained through exploration and inquiry, not some bullshit course.

Unrelated but I am never impressed by Tech certifications. They don't mean anything. I see lots of people with certs and they know jack shit! Just means they can study for some easy test. No hate to indians but you guys are the worst when it comes to "cert culture".

People with lots of certs tend to be the worst. Can't think for shit can only regurgitate instructions and "best practices" they learned from some course. What you can't use your brain? You need a cert to wipe your *** too?

It is a great corruption in a culture when knowledge is seen only as a means to obtain qualifications and "prestige". Knowledge must be gained through exploration and inquiry, not some bullshit course.

Bit harsh but good certifications like Cisco at least prove some knowledge and capability.

Yes you need work experience to back this up but having a minimum cert requirement would stop a lot of people hiring corruptly as happens all the time.

They get you jobs when you don't have much experience in established companies (like MS, Google, etc.). It's near impossible to get a job in tech in you don't have either of those.

Back
Top Bottom