What's new

Indian 'damage control' on LBA

Assam and West Bengal wont have to give any land as the land we are talking about are already inside Bangladesh.

I used the word "virtual" for that...thats not the logic as virtual control or not,the land belongs to WB and Assam..so,why,they will donate few thousands acre more lands than what they'll get????Does Bangladesh going to compensate for that???

well.. I dont understand why you think its something we owe to bd, I mean we will gain as much as you would, so what promise are you talking about?

Yes you do. Bangladesh relinquished south beriberi as part of this deal. That was BD territory but with a Hindu majority. That was 40 years ago. That was your compensation for ceeding territory. How convieniant that you people forget this.

Indian behaviour is typical.... untrustworthy to the extreme.

This bill should be passed, but Bangladesh also didn't agree to any of our demands, like transit or, handing over militants & stop supporting them, etc.

I used the word "virtual" for that...thats not the logic as virtual control or not,the land belongs to WB and Assam..so,why,they will donate few thousands acre more lands than what they'll get????Does Bangladesh going to compensate for that???

Bangladesh will keep whatever is inside Bangladesh's territory and India will get what is in India's territory. Moreover inhabitants of those land also want to be a part of respective countries. So this was the deal. Assam or West Bengal only has those land in paper but not in reality. Same goes with Bangladesh too.

But Bangladesh Government foolishly handed over disputed land in khulna and sylhet to India last year secretly to make the deal goes through. Despite India back stabbed Bangladesh. Just for your info the land in Sylhet was the land where BDR fought and killed 17 to 100 BSF soldiers when they tried to capture the land.

Whatever be the background, this stupidity must cease.

The agreement must happen.

Trust and honour by the looks of it are things Indians don't comprehend, they sign deals take what they want and then renege on their part. Our stupid government keeps feeding us with lies and more lies, be patient, oh give them time, give them more time, more time.......40 years on the same story.....we can trust our neighbour....BS pure BS.

Wake up Bangladesh, this is never going to happen. This stupid AL government will bend over backwards and hand over everything they want and in the end always come back empty handed...stupid, pathetic, geriatric bunch of twats.

This bill should be passed, but Bangladesh also didn't agree to any of our demands, like transit or, handing over militants & stop supporting them, etc.

What the hell you on about, look through your own countries threads....Bangladesh has been hunting, capturing and handing over every militant they can find....has a single one we want been handed over....no. Your own military have stated that all so called support for militants have stopped, if there ever was any.

The transit deal was suppose to be linked to the water sharing and LBA, since you reneged on that how do you expect us to provide transit? Get your facts right before you yap on things you know nothing about.

Mamatha is playing poiltics.the water treaty should have been sighned she is the one creating the problem.

@damiendehorn

look,to reform the border,we need to reform our constitution..unless we get a higher percentage of vote in its favor,we can't do that..now,this new bill will hurt states like West Bengal and Assam as they'll have to give a huge amount of land(which virtually under their control) to Bangladesh..so,its understandable that they'll object..UPA govt was foolish as they didn't properly discuss this matter to regional parties on this and presented it..so,no wonder it'll get stuck..we too have thousands of people there who suffer everyday..don't you think that we want this too??they why we would want to present it again and again??but unless we get it passed,it'll stuck..be it 40 years,or 400 years,there is no way of getting out..India isn't a small country like Bangladesh..so,its tough to get a bill passed..

It's quite obvious you know nothing about this topic, the original negotiations began 40 years ago. Your then government agreed to properly demarcate the borders between the two countries, they asked for certain portion of territory that they felt was theirs and which we gave, in return they were to exchange the enclaves. This they reneged on...we have been continuously asking india to fulfil their part...40 years on still the same old excuse.

Finally some movement was seen, the two governments set up working groups that worked out the details, then as usual, india reneges on it...

Funny how Indians keep advising us about getting too close to china and how untrustworthy they are yet conveniently forget about these events.

Mamatha is playing poiltics.the water treaty should have been sighned she is the one creating the problem.

Mamatha is just an excuse, just one of many that we have been hearing one after the other, like a stuck record, she wasn't in charge for the past 40 years.

Mamatha is just an excuse, just one of many that we have been hearing one after the other, like a stuck record, she wasn't in charge for the past 40 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

I agree it should have been done long ago. Many in India feel the same .first she had agreed in writing suppoting the traety and when the Indian deligation was to go to BD even she was to be part of the deligation but in the last min she backed out.most of the Indians are with BD on this trust me.

I agree it should have been done long ago. Many in India feel the same .first she had agreed in writing suppoting the traety and when the Indian deligation was to go to BD even she was to be part of the deligation but in the last min she backed out.most of the Indians are with BD on this trust me.

You'll have excuse me if I take anything you say with a large dollop of salt, she wasn't in charge of WB for the past 40 years. We have been hearing lots of different excuses from India, one after another, mamtaji being just the latest.

Bangladeshi's are gradually seeing what india really is duplitatus, our geriatric leaders have a blinkered 70s romantic view of indian friendship, even they are starting to wake up and smell the coffee...we have no faith in India anymore.

Even element in the AL are getting china friendly these days.

Bangladesh will keep whatever is inside Bangladesh's territory and India will get what is in India's territory. Moreover inhabitants of those land also want to be a part of respective countries. So this was the deal. Assam or West Bengal only has those land in paper but not in reality. Same goes with Bangladesh too.

But Bangladesh Government foolishly handed over disputed land in khulna and sylhet to India last year secretly to make the deal goes through. Despite India back stabbed Bangladesh. Just for your info the land in Sylhet was the land where BDR fought and killed 17 to 100 BSF soldiers when they tried to capture the land.

do you have any link of that news??personally,I support redrawing the border so that nobody loose or gain any land..that will solve the problem...and its not any of our devious plan to not pass the bill..cause more indians are stucked into chit mahals than Bangladeshis..

It's quite obvious you know nothing about this topic, the original negotiations began 40 years ago. Your then government agreed to properly demarcate the borders between the two countries, they asked for certain portion of territory that they felt was theirs and which we gave, in return they were to exchange the enclaves. This they reneged on...we have been continuously asking india to fulfil their part...40 years on still the same old excuse.

Finally some movement was seen, the two governments set up working groups that worked out the details, then as usual, india reneges on it...

Funny how Indians keep advising us about getting too close to china and how untrustworthy they are yet conveniently forget about these events.

you barely know anything..you're mixing the "Teen Bigha Pact" with Swapping Enclaves..swapping enclaves didn't take place while BD really gave us few lands for corridor,against which,we leased them teen Bigha corridor..the problem existed since the division of country..and I told you,its not intentional..if any govt couldn't pass this reform bill,the swapping can't take place..by the way,why you guys are crying so much??both sides are suffering due to this(your people as well as mine)..so why you're implementing that its completely intentional to do harm BD???

There never was any intention to sign either the LBA or the water sharing agreement. When the BJP coalition gets into power as most indications show, it's as good as dead.

At least they say they won't agree to it, and we can put to rest any notion of a friendly neighbour and concentrate on build our economy, with the help of true friends.

Back
Top Bottom