What's new

Indian 'consulates' theory incorrect: Pakistan

Reaction score
Country
India
Indian 'consulates' theory incorrect: Pakistan

Pakistan on Thursday described as “factually incorrect” the oft-repeated claim that India has 32 consulates in Afghanistan along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

That India is using these “consulates” to destabilise Pakistan is something that is frequently flagged by not just the religious right-wing parties but also some columnists.

Asked about a recent such claim made by a Pakistan Peoples Party legislator, Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit first sought to be non-committal by stating that “it is not for me to tell how many Indian consulates are working there” but then added: “I don't think that is correct. It is not factually correct.”

The Indian contention has been that India has an embassy in Kabul and consulates in Mazar-e-Sharif, Jalalabad, Kandahar and Herat. But, the mainstream narrative here has always contained references to scores of Indian facilitation centres along the porous Pakistan-Afghanistan border. These facilitation centres — alternatively referred to as consulates — are alleged to be engaged in subversive activities against Pakistan, particularly in the restive province of Balochistan and the strife-torn tribal agencies.
India needed

India's presence in Afghanistan has always been an eyesore for Pakistan but lately there is a growing realisation among the foreign policy elite that India — by virtue of being the largest economy in the region — has a role to play in that country's economic progress and prosperity. Pakistan also adopted an air of nonchalance last October when India and Afghanistan signed the Strategic Partnership Agreement. All that the Foreign Office said then was that this agreement — which entails Indians training Afghan security personnel — should not disturb regional stability.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/international/article3155622.ece

-------------------

I see the ground is being prepared for an Afghanistan-Pakistan-India trade link as was being reported earlier.

Afghan mine bonanza: India eyes Pakistan for access | Business Recorder

:cheers::cheers:

Aha..There goes another conspiracy theory up in Smoke...India played its Afghanistan card very well.

I still think India and Iran are working closely in Afghanistan ( with the knowledge of US ).

Now give us the land route for trade and we wont harass you...Just joking !!

As far as I remember, India used to have 32 consulates, but then closed down most of them. The claim is not whether India has 32 consulates or less, India still has its consulates in Eastern Afghanistan bordering Pakistan, responsible for supporting instability inside Pakistan.

As far as I remember, India used to have 32 consulates, but then closed down most of them. The claim is not whether India has 32 consulates or less, India still has its consulates in Eastern Afghanistan bordering Pakistan, responsible for supporting instability inside Pakistan.

India being the 3rd largest economy in Asia has a stake in Afghan development, whether its north, west. south or east. Your own foreign office says so.

India being the 3rd largest economy in Asia has a stake in Afghan development, whether its north, west. south or east. Your own foreign office says so.

While there is no doubt that India has a stake in Afghanistan's development, their consulates on the Eastern border have also contributed to a lot of instability inside Pakistan.

While there is no doubt that India has a stake in Afghanistan's development, their consulates on the Eastern border have also contributed to a lot of instability inside Pakistan.

I can retaliate saying that your ISI confessed in meddling in India...but we will go in a vicious cycle..See, militancy in J&K has seen a reduction of 45% and pak govt played a part in it.

India has been offering Gas, electricity, Trade etc to bind India and pak together economically so that one cannot blackmail each other using non state actors. Once the money flows it is not worth supporting these scums. Isnt it good for people of both countries.

Back
Top Bottom