What's new

indian army thumbs down to US offer of javelin ATGM

seems like a wise choice. we should of went with Spike as well back in the 90's

the new lightweight CLU should be awesome though

Lightweight CLU[edit]
The U.S. Army is developing a new CLU as an improvement over the Block I version. The new CLU is 70 percent smaller, 40 percent lighter, and has a 50 percent battery life increase. Features of the lightweight CLU are: a long-wave IR sensor; a high-definition display with improved resolution; integrated handgrips; a five megapixel color camera; a laser point that can be seen visibly or through IR; a far target locator using GPS, a laser rangefinder, and a heading sensor; and modernized electronics.[12]

The javelin is very expensive to get by armed forces...

Smart move by the IA. There was/is still insufficient clarity on the offer of ToT for the Javelins as well as the cost issue.
The Spike can well become the IA's replacement for the Milans now in service, while (if at all) co-development of the Javelin IVs should be considered.

Smart move by the IA. There was/is still insufficient clarity on the offer of ToT for the Javelins as well as the cost issue.
The Spike can well become the IA's replacement for the Milans now in service, while (if at all) co-development of the Javelin IVs should be considered.

They said they will sell the Javellin, albeit with lesser TOT and co-develop the next gen ATGM. The next gen ATGM needs to be considered. AS I am sure they will be a better develpment partner than Russia, France and even Israel.

Waiting for more genuine source

This has been reported by TOI too. This was an out come with Jeitly's meeting with all the pending acquisitions.

Heard about a shoulder launched variant of Nag was in development, any info on that?

They said they will sell the Javellin, albeit with lesser TOT and co-develop the next gen ATGM. The next gen ATGM needs to be considered. AS I am sure they will be a better develpment partner than Russia, France and even Israel.

That is hard to say yet; have we developed anything with them yet? As plain-vanilla 'sellers of goods' the US is the best; but beyond that?

l2014102158126.jpg

The Director General, National Security Council, Israel, Mr. Josef Kohim calling on the Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh, in New Delhi on October 21, 2014. The National Security Advisor, Shri Ajit Doval and the Israeli Ambassador to India, Mr. Daniel Carmon are also seen.

Wonder whats cooking.

That is hard to say yet; have we developed anything with them yet? As plain-vanilla 'sellers of goods' the US is the best; but beyond that?

I think so, they are best sellers, and they keep their timelines, sometimes over meet too as we have seen in some deliveries of aircrafts. ISRO has already gotten to a JV with them for a next gen satellite with advanced SA RAdar. IN present scenario, wher we had troubles with everybody for JV , I am sure Americans will come out as better contributors.

After all, they are too trying to make inroads into Indian offensive equipments, this might just be the oppertunity!

l2014102158126.jpg

The Director General, National Security Council, Israel, Mr. Josef Kohim calling on the Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh, in New Delhi on October 21, 2014. The National Security Advisor, Shri Ajit Doval and the Israeli Ambassador to India, Mr. Daniel Carmon are also seen.

Wonder whats cooking.
Hey man why so much conspiracy. It is simple meeting that's all if u know what i mean. Thank u.

l2014102158126.jpg

Wonder whats cooking.
Rajma, thats what

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom