What's new

Indian Army test new Brahmos

Dude the ones under development are not fanboy stuff... are they? also these chinese do operate 2.5-3 mach CMs... even the oniks...

As for "deep strikes"... all modern day CMs are capable of tht..

P.S: Tells us about its block II version?
are u chinas secratary or defence minister
nd y u take pride of what china does
are u there sons tht it will pas herditically to u

YJ-18.

Brahmos is a Russian missile, not an Indian. It was developed with old Russian technology using Russian engineers. 

Never believe anything coming out of India. They lie so much about their military equipment to feed their jingoistic population.

India has no hypersonic missile. All their claims are not credible, just ultra nationalists spewing their propaganda.

Shaurya (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Na, they are very strict now. Maybe why you are not allowed to come here. I have been here for decades. 

We will not ask any questions, we will just shoot it down with evolve sparrow. And we'll take out the planes and the base where the planes are from.
ohh really,my entire maternal family have been living in the New Jersey state for the last 25 years and all of them are highly educated and earn loads of $$,so i could easily go there for higher study if i wanted to!but instead i chose to stay back here to serve my country!plus if you have secured a green card there in the states then i think i am more than qualified to get one too.but then again i consider myself a patriot and will never leave my Motherland under any circumstance.......

I'm not from China so I can not speak for PLAN. but the US navy can easily take it down. So don't sell this missile as if no one can take it down because this missile cannot pass through an aegis destroyer. You will need to overwhelm the system. 

My bad you are not from China.:o:

On the contrary you still need to read my post.
Sure a sea sparrow may have a certain degree of advantage against a low and fast flying anti-ship missile, but come on, BrahMos is pushing the limits of low and fast at Mach 3 and 3 meters above sea level, and 2 or 3 coming from different directions and being highly maneuverable at the terminal stage, try hitting that with the sparrow.
Aegis BMD is basically for ballistic missiles sure the ships will carry defensive weapons but the RIM-162 is the only thing I see for an AShM, no biggie.
And relax coz this will only get better with the Mach 7 Brahmos-2.

Last edited:
I dont know why these pakistanis become so excited with the accomplishments of China.Well they are very better than India , you mentioned these chinese missile systems what is your contribution to that systems? After all it is developed by them. What is pakistan role in that
pakistanis are cheerleaders of china

Not me. I'm a Taiwanese American. Why would I be jealous of Brahmos. Like another guy said, an outdated Russian technology that Indians brag about being the best of the world.
Taiwanese American posted 5k sheer B.S posts in Indian defence thread.Tells the whole story lol....

My bad you are not from China.:o:

On the contrary you still need to read my post.
Sure a sea sparrow may have a certain degree of advantage against a low and fast flying anti-ship missile, but come on, BrahMos is pushing the limits of low and fast at Mach 3 and 3 meters above sea level, and 2 or 3 coming from different directions and being highly maneuverable at the terminal stage, try hitting that with the sparrow.
Aegis BMD is basically for ballistic missiles sure the ships will carry defensive weapons but the RIM-162 is the only thing I see for an AShM, no biggie.
And relax coz this will only get better with the Mach 7 Brahmos-2.

If there are enough Brahmo, more likely Yakhont, to overwhelm a Aegis system, then the missile will penetrate and hit the target. But would US allow planes that carry such a system to be 300 miles within a carrier battle group.

If there are enough Brahmo, more likely Yakhont, to overwhelm a Aegis system, then the missile will penetrate and hit the target. But would US allow planes that carry such a system to be 300 miles within a carrier battle group.
us and india are allies..

If we go into that there will be whole new discussion.
Just to let you know Brahmos can be implemented on a plane, a warship and a submarine so yes I think there are good chances of it successfully penetrating most systems.

Deep strike with a range of 290km?
you believe the stated ranges!!!!, my friend the 290 bluff is just to satisfy international control regimes the real range will be know once used in battlefield, hope that day never comes

you believe the stated ranges!!!!, my friend the 290 bluff is just to satisfy international control regimes the real range will be know once used in battlefield, hope that day never comes

Dr. Sivathanu Pillai.

His statement,

"See, it is a joint venture and Russia is a signatory to the MTCR. So, we have to honour our partnership. So the whole design was adopted for 300 kilometres, but it does not stop you to do a flight of your own, when it is deployed to go for more range. The Cruise Missiles, they do not find a place in the MTCR. If you see the MTCR, its all on the Ballistic Missiles or Weapons of Mass Destruction [WMD]. Here we are not Nuclear. There are no Nuclear payload. It s a high precision, tactical missile. So, always the opportunity is there. It can be done."

Back
Top Bottom