What's new

Indian Army Orders 3192 Tata Safari Storme Vehicles

TATA is stepping up the game big time

have u seen the new racemo from TATA ?

tata-racemo-5.JPG

gq-india-tata-car-2.jpg

50_tamo_racemo.jpg

gq-india-tata-car-3.jpg

PRICE Range is between 2.5 to 3 million INR.
TATA Hexa is far more interesting IMHO in terms of mass market appeal and the change TATA is making to its brand:

tata-hexa-to-launch-in-june-2016.jpg

thumbnail_cropped.jpg

Tata-Hexa-front.jpg

Final requirement will be much more,maybe 40-50,000 units more.Good business for Tata Motors
Not for the Safari Storme, the Storme is being bought for the GS800 role, at most 5,000 will be ordered for this role. The 40-50,000 Gypsys will be replaced by 2-3 different vehicles for the different roles.

I knew it beforehand as we have already a line setup for this.
For just 3,000 odd units?

Missing the Gypsy's... Hope they start doing it again for civilians.
Unlikely considering the new emission norms. Gypsy is going to go the way of the HM Ambassador.

It's about building new suppliers instead of depending on old ones so blackmail doesn't risk quality. Also about testing the water how one can deliver if asked more in future.

Bro you working in Tata Motors?

I work in Tata Group as in Quality Assurance department. I will not reveal exactly which plant.

Good to know bro. My dad and brother are Tata boys too.

Thank you for giving me a lovely SUV.

Except for the chronic sump leak, for which I raised hell all the way up to Mistry boy, it's a darling.

Maybe my case went across your table, so don't say anything. 8-)

One of your guys at your Coventry facility is my cycling buddy when here.

I positively envy the Indian automotive industry. That vehicle looks absolutely gorgeous.
Never been inside safari before,but i had a very bad experience with other Tata vehicles. Pathetic suspension.

TATA Hexa is far more interesting IMHO in terms of mass market appeal and the change TATA is making to its brand:

tata-hexa-to-launch-in-june-2016.jpg

thumbnail_cropped.jpg

Tata-Hexa-front.jpg

Not for the Safari Storme, the Storme is being bought for the GS800 role, at most 5,000 will be ordered for this role. The 40-50,000 Gypsys will be replaced by 2-3 different vehicles for the different roles.

For just 3,000 odd units?

Unlikely considering the new emission norms. Gypsy is going to go the way of the HM Ambassador.

I say an new engine with same body.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom