What's new

Indian Americans support Aid to Pakistan Bill

this one doesnt have string attached. well there are strings but they are the ones which are always there... its a different one being presented by senator kerry

There's also the drama that comes with all these Aid bills. It's worse than a bad Bollywood flick.

Just don't give it Pakistan. I don't think most of the Pakistani population wants them. It doesn't help them anyway.

There's also the drama that comes with all these Aid bills. It's worse than a bad Bollywood flick.

Just don't give it Pakistan. I don't think most of the Pakistani population wants them. It doesn't help them anyway.

There were posters on this forum which said that Taliban was created because US abruptly stopped aid to Pakistan the last time they left Afghanistan. Now they are back in Pakistan and are promising a 5 year aid - and most Pakistani's reject them you say.

So what should US do ? Take care of Pak Taliban themselves? It seems like Pakistan has been unable to stop them in the 1990-2002 time period by themselves.

^^ You're annoying.

What posters here say (anonymous ones no less you could have figmented up in your imagination), have as much credibility as Iraqi WMD. Your post as a result makes no sense.

The cut off of US aid did not create any Taliban. It was the US aid and Saudi nexus that created the Mujahideen and consequently Taliban as Clinton recently said.

Pak Taliban will settle down the moment Afghanistan stabilizes and the US / India leaves. So on your way, India has no business in Afghanistan.

Wow well if the Indian's are supporting this bill too then cheers to them ! & yes lets hope that it goes through as we need it really bad! & as i always say i hope peace and friendship with Pakistan & India happens soon all this hatered and fighting is enough inshallah i wait for that day!

^^ You're annoying.

Pak Taliban will settle down the moment Afghanistan stabilizes and the US / India leaves. So on your way, India has no business in Afghanistan.

OK, Now I understand your point, I'll keep it in mind.

India having / not having a business in Afghanistan - I could flip the same argument around and say that Pakistan has no role there either. And hence Pakistan has no say in Afghanistan as long as Afghan govt. is OK with Indian involvement. Anyway, don't bring Afghanistan into this -it'll be a longer chain and probably offtopic.

Why was my post annoying ? I understand my assumptions were wrong, but what did you find annoying in my tone?

Well guys, India has thrown bargain chip through Karazi. When Karazi today in meeting with Obama and Zaradari ask for transit route. Pakistan already provide trade route to Afghanistan. But India is so disparate for to reach out central asia through Afghanistan. Let see where the game ends. This facility only for India. Pakistan should or should not. First need to built the consensus of bilateral issues and quickly finish these so called " CBMs". No access to central asia without resolving the issues. Well that what Pakistani think.

Well guys, India has thrown bargain chip through Karazi. When Karazi today in meeting with Obama and Zaradari ask for transit route. Pakistan already provide trade route to Afghanistan. But India is so disparate for to reach out central asia through Afghanistan. Let see where the game ends. This facility only for India. Pakistan should or should not. First need to built the consensus of bilateral issues and quickly finish these so called " CBMs". No access to central asia without resolving the issues. Well that what Pakistani think.

Pakistani's have played their cards very well, we have taken advantage of our strategic location, if you look at it in a more depth, you will understand why did we allow Indian goods to pass through Pakistan.

It is not all about huge transit fees from these goods that PAK government will collect every year, but also, it can keep a check as to what goes in Afghanistan through Pakistan from India!

Also, in times of high tension's, Pakistan may very well use this transit route in it's advantage!

So, overall I say this is a very good decision on the part of PAK government.

Also, in times of high tension's, Pakistan may very well use this transit route in it's advantage!

So, overall I say this is a very good decision on the part of PAK government.

Pretty much exactly what US had in mind, I think. Make sure that India gets advantages of trade in times of peace and increase the cost of a fight with Pakistan. Similarly Pakistan gets money in good times while in bad times has trouble with Afghanistan aligning with India in case of a close down.

It is a pretty potent tool to lock the 3 countries into not having an overt fight.

Back
Top Bottom