What's new

Indian Americans ask UN to declare Pak terrorist state

moscow...Well said now this proves
>>However when it comes to Pakistan, geo-political compulsions prevent such a move, inspite of the fullfillment of the criteria (ref by an Indian as terrorist nation) becomes Invalid statement do you agree with me?? whether you agree with me or not what goes around comes around a slapback was necessary for that person.

sir can u please elaborate the reason why? thanks

when you call me sir, I feel older than my professors in college:D :joking:

Detail is wast, but I will try to explain it in gist

1.) A declaration of terrorist state is accompanied by innmuerable sanctions beeing imposed on that country - economic, trade, social [restriction on the movement of authority], military

2.) These sanctions are placed in an effort to weaken to the ruling authority, and force it to stop supporting the terrorist acitivitie [when you say supporting, it basically means, providing the terrorist with financial, logistical and matreail aid - all of which is costing the nation money]

3.) So this terrorist state would now be compelled to evaluate weather to contniue spenidng money supporting terrorist and languish under sanctions or repel terrorism and resume getting the help that would benefit the people.

4.) However when it comes to awarding similar sanctions on Pakistan, things becomes little tricky.

a) Pakistani troops are being used by the US+NATO coalition to occupy the ground in the NWFP. Any imposition of sanction, will immediately result in Pakistan withdrawing its troops from the region and refuse to co-operate any further.
Any military force can clear a region of enemy forces by massive aerial campaign [with immense collatrel damage, when we consider the NWFP]. However to continue to mantain your hold over that region, you need to have your physical presence on the ground. This is invariably accompanied by loss of life of a number of military personel standing on that ground [retaliation by the remannants of the enemy force]

Bodybags flying back to the US and the other NATO countries is a serious cause of domestic tension in those countries. So prevent this, for the US+NATO [a throwback to US's experiance in Vietanam], Pakistan is being paid to field its troops in the region, so that any military casualty [a lot, as being reported] is associated with Pakistan and not the US+NATO.
So without the presence of the Pakistani infantry in the region the US+NATO will be compelled to field more of its own. The resulting large casualty figure that will occur is something that the US+NATO nations cannot afford to let happen

b.) But the most important reason, an [overtly] weakened Govt of Pakistan [I specifically mention "overtly" in the context of Pakistan] leavesit extremely vulnerable to its governance being terminated [read between the lines] and replaced by an unelected single person authority [Pakistan's political history is full of it]. A nuclear nation with its history of supporting *, ruled by a single person, is a global catastrophy that no nation would like to see. Hence the effort to prop up the civillian Govt by providing it with incentives and holding back much criticism and making it appear that it indeed is in control

Decalring Pakistan a terrorist nation state will undermine this effort. Hence Pakistan will never be declared as a Terrorist State

Slugger (and any other Indians not familiar with the PA deployment in the North West)

The military is deployed in FATA and PATA, not NWFP. There is a difference, though I understand some Indians don't like making the distinction to try and paint the issue as a 'Pashtun seperatist' one, which is hard to to do without including the NWFP.

moscow...Well said now this proves
>>However when it comes to Pakistan, geo-political compulsions prevent such a move, inspite of the fullfillment of the criteria (ref by an Indian as terrorist nation) becomes Invalid statement do you agree with me?? whether you agree with me or not what goes around comes around a slapback was necessary for that person.

i agree with you that what goes around comes back

Don't think this will happen.
The U.S.A has always said it wants Pakistan to be a stable and solid ally, by officially labeling Pakistan as terrorist state will not help eradicating terrorists nor will it really contribute to healthy relations between the U.S. and Pakistan.
Pakistan is the biggest supplier and participant of UN peace keeping missions all over the world, Pakistan is not the nation that the damned western media describes everyday in their narrowminded newsreports.
This really disgusts me at times, it's so easy to blame one another for certain things.

Back
Top Bottom