What's new

Indian Air Force's SpyDer low level quick reaction SAM

it should be many months

What is the definition of many?

Being one of a large indefinite number

This is as per the dictionary, now tell me why should I be using yr dictat of using indefinite or definite numbers? If you have a choice of using ten years or decade, who am I to poke my nose into your affairs.

Please dont be my stinky diaper. The stink is NOW reaching the roof of PDF!

any confirm news on it (induction of spyder in IAF) , i never hav heard of it , when it was signed , give me some real facts or it is jus in procurement list like our artillery procurements

any confirm news on it (induction of spyder in IAF) , i never hav heard of it , when it was signed , give me some real facts or it is jus in procurement list like our artillery procurements
From 2008:
"New Delhi. India has signed an agreement with Israel to acquire 18 Spyder Surface to Air Missiles (SAMs) to protect high-value assets of the Indian Air Force (IAF)."
..:: India Strategic ::.. Indian Air Force: IAF orders Israeli Spyder Missile

They are already inducted.

is range is the only 1 diffrence between these 2 missiles

Phython
Target Lock-On-Before and After Launch capability
Imaging seeker with extremely high off-boresight capability
The missile incorporates a new, dual waveband imaging seeker

Derby
Active radar guidance
Look-down/Shoot-down capability
Data link receiver

These twice can be used as WVR & BVR missile.

But still never seen in any of the large IAF function/exercises even if in aero india 2013 it was in RAFAEL stall and even if the trucks were frm merc not from tata or tatra

The first lot of SPYDER systems are operational with IAF, but have not been displayed in IAF's Demos. They are on TATA's LPTA series of 8x8 and 6x6 trucks. Not on Tatras or Mercedes. They are on the way to replace the OSA-AK systems with the IAF now.

But still never seen in any of the large IAF function/exercises even if in aero india 2013 it was in RAFAEL stall and even if the trucks were frm merc not from tata or tatra

Just because you cannot see them in pics or videos it does not mean that they are not operational ;), besides they are quite expensive, it doesn`t make much sense to fire them just to make the masses happy during demonstrations like Iron Fist. This also applies for other high tech precision guided ordnance.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom