What's new

Indian Air Force’ blues

Well you made the claim, so you better back it up.

You talked the talk, now walk the walk.

Making accussations without proof and then hiding behind semantics does not give credibility to you.

Stand your ground and back up your arguments. Or quit.

I have a feeling that we will be splitting the MRCA between Rafael and Mig-35. Already GTRE is inviting tenders from Snecma and Rosoboron for help on Kaveri.

That itself gives an indication to where the contract is heading. Snecma made a claim that they would not mind helping out with the engine issues for LCA.

I dont want the F-18s cr@p flying in IAF colours.

The Shornet is not crap mate. Its one of the finest planes and the USN still want them even after the F-35 is inducted. And we get the US missiles along with it. The Hornet maybe considered crap surely, but the shornet rocks.

I wouldnt mind seeing eiher Rafale, MiG 35 or F/A-18E/F. What i dont want is a single order for the MRCA. It should be split b/w the above three planes, and certainly not Gripen :rolleyes:

The Shornet is not crap mate. Its one of the finest planes and the USN still want them even after the F-35 is inducted. And we get the US missiles along with it. The Hornet maybe considered crap surely, but the shornet rocks.

I wouldnt mind seeing eiher Rafale, MiG 35 or F/A-18E/F. What i dont want is a single order for the MRCA. It should be split b/w the above three planes, and certainly not Gripen :rolleyes:

There si no doubt about the capablities of hornet,but then even with a ToT we are prone to sanctions.

On the other hand if we get the Russian birds and modify it to MKi standard wit would be better.Or even rafale would do.French would give anything if we show them money.

Na mate, we have too many varients already,its better go for a single order.

I dont want the F-18s cr@p flying in IAF colours.
The superhornet(not the hornet) is a beautiful aircraft. It might even be better than the Rafale. Its got better munitions and an AESA. In a A2G role its better than any other aircraft in running. The superhornet while being larger than the hornet incorporates stealth features and has a low RCS which along with the AN/APG-79 translates into excellent A2A capabilities. Take a look at the E/A-18 Growler, the electronic warfare variant of the Superhornet.
ON THE PROWL: The EA-18G Growler

I never see India buying shornet. It is a **** decision. What if US stops the supplies during conflict ?? Naaa. Buying shornet is like having a expensive piece of broken machinery.

This is just a ploy by the Indian govt to acquire the 126 MCRA'S fast,they have already ordered 190 SU-30 ,which can take out any f-16 that pakistan can throw at it.They just want more thats all. As for that letter, wasnt it supposed to be secret??then how the hell are we all reading it in plain view..something is wrong..if there really was a problem, that letter would be kept a secret..India is just lobbying for more and with their economy, they are getting it.

I never see India buying shornet. It is a **** decision. What if US stops the supplies during conflict ?? Naaa. Buying shornet is like having a expensive piece of broken machinery.
The IAF will maintain a stockpile of spare to see it through any conflict(modern conflicts don't last months) India will not face any sanctions whatsoever unless India conducts nuclear tests which aren't going to happen while a sane govt. is in power. With a rapidly growing China the US isn't going to antagonise India. Rest assured the Shornets if they're acquired are secure.

I would idealls like MiG 35MKI with Elta 2052 radar, Python 5 WVR missile to be specific. And along with that either Rafale or F-18. Both would do good.

In any case, we would be phasing out the old planes slowly, so in the future our main planes look like they are going to be::

Su-30MKI
Mirage
MiG 29
MRCA
the rest are going to be retired slowly.

And to ease up further troubles. We got the MTA
It would replace the An-32 planes, damn they are turbo prop planes with stupoidly low load capacity. We will uniformly maintain the MTA then, its a SUPERB plane!! it would streamline the transport abilities of the IAF. chk the video!

along with the C-130J for the special forces.

The MTA would carry more load, give a tremendous boost to the paratrooper abilities in India. Retire the damn Antonovs and the HSJ's. They were inefficient, cost too much, not effective and plainly put not requirede in the modern world. the MTA would be able to take off or land in dirt runways, makeshift ones, short runways, its ideal for India, and Russia's counter for the C-130J.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom