What's new

Indian air force "pilots" had a very low flying hours in 1990s

Another thing. Why would any one send their top gun or very experienced pilot to internatioal air exercise. If i had choice i would send more less experienced pilots. What do uwant to prove there? That you are the best? No i dont have to. Iamsending my pilots to learn. Younger pilotss stay longer in air force than their seniors!!! *Just my thoughts!

I can only blame your poor mandir comprehension.

Only a low class like yourself would feel necessary to win the argument by bringing madrassa into every arguments which you lose all the time after all you only get free mandir education which is useless as your posts and yourself.

you have not been able to provide any substantial information to counter the argument other then showing us what a low class mandir educated you are.

Had you been Mandir educated, and more importantly a little less petulant, you would have figured out by now, where you went wrong with that maths. But, alas, it is not to be. Here let me help you. To solve how much flight hours the IAF fighters and trainers had racked up in '97/98, one could use the following equation (all based on your logic and figures):

653*2.5x + 1022x = 306,190

(where 'x' is the average flight hours per aircraft for the fighters and trainers)

It would give you a much lower figure of 115 hrs per aircraft. Dividing this by 2, a cockpit to pilot ratio of IAF, that you have pulled from that part of your anatomy which defines you, would give 58 hrs per pilot per aircraft for the fighters and trainers.

Now you could have easily figured out your mistake if your drive to score self goals didn't get the best of you.

According to your calculation, flight hours per pilot per transport and rotary aircraft is 225 hrs. You have wrongly (duh!) called it hours per aircraft (90 hrs, as per your calculation is flight hours per pilot per aircraft). That means the total flight hours for the entire fleet of transport and rotary aircraft should be:

653*225*2 = 293,850

('2' is the cockpit to pilot ratio that you gave us)

Now that would leave just 12,340 hrs for the entire fleet of fighters and rotary wing.

I had always thought of you as a teeny bopper high on adrenaline. Now I know your age is still not in double figures, or else you would have known algebra. Either that or immediately enroll to your nearest Mandir for some quality education.

I have only used Bharatraksaw total IAF flying hours figures while the rest of that article is as worthless as toilet paper.

I hope your mandir education has taught you to do some additions.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4061/4603767222_322aaef41f_o.jpg

total inventory adds up to 1650~.
Before you try to act smart, 40 Su-30s were ordered in 1997 and only 8 were serving.

if we do simple maths.... i need you to pay attention now... ok...
306,190 hours divided by 1650 aircrafts equals= 185 hours per air craft. And then when we bring in pilot to cockpit ratio the flying hours per pilot is way less then 185 hours figure.
Btw learn a thing or two about your air force. The transport aircrafts including fixed and rotor flys more hours then Fighter jets and this applies to all the air force around the world.
Transport fleet of 650 and training aircraft fleet of 318 getting only 50% of the 306,190 is just simply absurd.
It doesn't matter if you think that the rest of the article is toilet paper, which obviously you would since it shows IAF to be better than PAF as far as attrition goes. But if you have used any figure from that article, it gives all of us the license to use figures from that same article, unless you can conclusively prove that the figures we are using are wrong. And no, it also doesn't matter what you think is absurd. Give us cold hard data.

At least read few other posts before asking the same question which has been debunked.

LINK

So now can you comprehend the fact that 300 hours is only refereed to top pilots who were brought in the cope-india exercise? Only and only in some units India brought some new pilots from few units while the big majority were top pilots.

Where in that link does it say that only the top guns have 300 hrs of flight time under their badge?

I hope you can comprehend this quite well. All it says that IAF mostly brought top guns pilots and some units had mix of experience and relatively new pilots. Thats why the 300 hours is refereed to them because top guns pilots fly alot more then average pilots.

These practises are meant for gathering experience, not for winning or loosing, so it's evident IAF would mix experienced and inexperienced together so that inexperienced lot can learn from the exercise, and also MKI didn't even participate in cope India 04, so that 300 hours for MKI thingy that you are so hell bent on to prove is zilch. You really need to get the bias clear off your head and then start posting.

At least read few other posts before asking the same question which has been debunked.

Debunked, are you kidding me?

So now can you comprehend the fact that 300 hours is only refereed to top pilots who were brought in the cope-India exercise? Only and only in some units India brought some new pilots from few units while the big majority were top pilots.

lets Take a look at your source:

LINK

Nor did U.S. pilots believe they faced only India's top guns. Instead, they said that at least in some units they faced a mix of experienced and relatively new Indian fighter and strike pilots.

The source proves nothing, all it said was US pilots went up against a mix of “experienced and relatively new [pilots]“. Lets say most Indian pilots were experienced, this still means nothing, nor does it prove your point that experienced pilots somehow earn more hours annually. Experienced pilots often don’t fly more than any average pilots, instead the experience factor comes from having years of flight time behind the cockpit, in fact fresh pilots often get more dense flight schedules. What's important is that i provided a source that stated Indian pilots that participated in Cop-India had 300 hours of flight time annually, you, on the other hand, have no source or atleast a source that is unrelated to the subject that you interpreted in your own way. Instead you base your argument off the phrase “some units” which you interpreted as, only some MKI pilots receive 300 hours annually. All MKI pilots are elite, they are elite because they have previous experience in other platforms, thus only the best get to fly the MKI, and they are elite because the ones that were at cope-India had 300 hours under their belt. There is no reason why some MKI pilots would only receive 180 hours while others would receive 300 hours.

Only and only in some units India brought some new pilots from few units while the big majority were top pilots

This is your interpritation, US pilots said they faced "some" "relatively new" pilots, it says nothing and i put an emphasis on nothing about how many hours MKI pilots receive as a whole.

Last edited:
Had you been Mandir educated, and more importantly a little less petulant, you would have figured out by now, where you went wrong with that maths. But, alas, it is not to be. Here let me help you. To solve how much flight hours the IAF fighters and trainers had racked up in '97/98, one could use the following equation (all based on your logic and figures):
Thank god i am not a HINDU or else I would be living a low life like yours.
653*2.5x + 1022x = 306,190

(where 'x' is the average flight hours per aircraft for the fighters and trainers)

It would give you a much lower figure of 115 hrs per aircraft. Dividing this by 2, a cockpit to pilot ratio of IAF, that you have pulled from that part of your anatomy which defines you, would give 58 hrs per pilot per aircraft for the fighters and trainers.

Prime example of mandir education with no sense.

According to your calculation, flight hours per pilot per transport and rotary aircraft is 225 hrs. You have wrongly (duh!) called it hours per aircraft (90 hrs, as per your calculation is flight hours per pilot per aircraft). That means the total flight hours for the entire fleet of transport and rotary aircraft should be:

653*225*2 = 293,850

('2' is the cockpit to pilot ratio that you gave us)
Now that would leave just 12,340 hrs for the entire fleet of fighters and rotary wing.

Holly mandir education! Are you seriously that retarded? The aircraft logs more hours then per pilot! why in the name of holy education did you multiply 225 hours per aircraft with 2? Seriously the education has totally made you own goal scoring loser.
Do you even know the total hours logged by ENTIRE IAF fleet was 309,100 hours!
Is this the non existing mistake you found? or is this the work of your special free education?

[quoteI had always thought of you as a teeny bopper high on adrenaline. Now I know your age is still not in double figures, or else you would have known algebra. Either that or immediately enroll to your nearest Mandir for some quality education.][/quote]

You are a nothing but a sorry loser who feels necessary to attack personally with self portraying remarks.
You are only worthless as your education.

It doesn't matter if you think that the rest of the article is toilet paper, which obviously you would since it shows IAF to be better than PAF as far as attrition goes. But if you have used any figure from that article, it gives all of us the license to use figures from that same article, unless you can conclusively prove that the figures we are using are wrong. And no, it also doesn't matter what you think is absurd. Give us cold hard data.

Obviously your knowledge is as limited as your surroundings.
[URL="http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/43389-paf-flying-hours.html"Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Saadat, the chief of air staff.][/URL]
"In 2000, our flying per pilot was in the region of nine hours per month. We have progressively taken this up to 15 hours, or 15 sorties," he said, adding that the figure has now stabilised.

In 1990s PAF had 110 hours per pilot compared to average IAF pilot flying hours of 90.

Debunked, are you kidding me?

Seriously you have no idea of what you are talking about.

The 300 hours is only referred to TOP GUN pilots or experienced pilots. The rest of your claims are absurd with no factual evidence to support.
Are you here to amuse your Indian friends with claims like average IAF pilot clocks 300 hours a year? You are over exaggerating the figures and blowing the context out of proportion. No one other then Indians will agree with your figures of 300 hours being clocked per average MKI pilots in any military forum and ofcourse the Indians are here to satisfy their ego with such claims.

Does anyone know HOW MUCH DOES A FLYING HOUR OR AN HOUR SORTIE COSTS FOR EACH AIRCRAFT??

Thank God you are not a Hindu and Thank god you are in Pakistan:smitten:
sir,
please dont use religion in the post...it dosent says hindu pilots had low flying hours.....
same applies to u growler brother...please keep religion out of it.....
well now on the topic....
90's were ten years earlier...now we r in 2010...so i feel now we have a strong air force with much capability to engage in a war<i hope there will be no war>
:cheers::yahoo::cheers:

Thank god i am not a HINDU or else I would be living a low life like yours.
Thank Flying Spaghetti Monster that you are in Pakistan.

Prime example of mandir education with no sense.
So I was correct that you don't understand algebra.:rofl:

Holly mandir education! Are you seriously that retarded? The aircraft logs more hours then per pilot! why in the name of holy education did you multiply 225 hours per aircraft with 2? Seriously the education has totally made you own goal scoring loser.
Do you even know the total hours logged by ENTIRE IAF fleet was 309,100 hours!
Is this the non existing mistake you found? or is this the work of your special free education?
Madrassa maths ?:lol:

That 225 hrs is per pilot per aircraft (as per your calculation only). Since you have taken 2 pilots per aircraft, multiplying it by 2 will get you hrs per aircraft, which will obviously be more than per pilot. Further multiplying it by total number of aircrafts in a fleet will get you total hr logged by that fleet of aircraft. :no:

Besides, if you knew algebra then you would have known that the figure of 225 hrs doesn't even arise.:lol:

I understand you have no clue what algebra is. But this takes the cake. You don't even know simple logic behind multiplications. :rofl::rofl:

You are a nothing but a sorry loser who feels necessary to attack personally with self portraying remarks.
You are only worthless as your education.
I understand it sucks when ones lack of basic maths skill is paraded before the world.

Obviously your knowledge is as limited as your surroundings.
Obviously. Those who have brains will be effected by their surroundings. Those who don't, don't have to suffer from that. :no: Btw, what are you harvesting in your cranium? Moths?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/43389-paf-flying-hours.html"Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Saadat, the chief of air staff

In 1990s PAF had 110 hours per pilot compared to average IAF pilot flying hours of 90.
I thought we were discussing 1997-98. Another example of your inner Pakistani.

Score: Mandir= 2, Madrassa = 0:lol:

Last edited:
What in the name of holy education!
Oh god almighty please prevail some senses on this guy who has gone totally insane with his special education and needs some urgent help.

Thank Flying Spaghetti Monster that you are in Pakistan.
Flying spaghetti monster? okaaayy..

So I was correct that you don't understand algebra.:rofl: Madrassa maths ?:lol:
Like i said. You do nothing but portray yourself.
That 225 hrs is per pilot per aircraft (as per your calculation only). Since you have taken 2 pilots per aircraft, multiplying it by 2 will get you hrs per aircraft, which will obviously be more than per pilot. Further multiplying it by total number of aircrafts in a fleet will get you total hr logged by that fleet of aircraft. :no:

No, its your special education calculation fault or either you simply lack comprehension of anything.
Here let me help out you special case again.
309,160 hours clocked by IAF entire fleet of 1650~ in 1997.

In order to get average air frame hours you divide the total fleet hours by the inventory of entire fleet.

So the average air frame hours equals to 180 hours. You dont multiply air frame hours by ratio of 2 pilots you insane!

The transport fleet clocks more hours then fighters and thats where the estimation of 2.5x comes in.

Besides, if you knew algebra then you would have known that the figure of 225 hrs doesn't even arise.:lol:
I understand you have no clue what algebra is. But this takes the cake. You don't even know simple logic behind multiplications. :rofl::rofl:
I understand it sucks when ones lack of basic maths skill is paraded before the world.
Obviously. Those who have brains will be effected by their surroundings. Those who don't, don't have to suffer from that. :no: Btw, what are you harvesting in your cranium? Moths?

You are only embarrassing your fellow indians with your gutter snip talk show display.

I thought we were discussing 1997-98. Another example of your inner Pakistani.
Score: Mandir= 2, Madrassa = 0:lol:

And so far your contribution in this thread has been making a mockery out of your mandir.

Btw you remind me of this stubborn kid from network54 WAFF who keeps getting tossed around.

No, its your special education calculation fault or either you simply lack comprehension of anything.
Here let me help out you special case again.
309,160 hours clocked by IAF entire fleet of 1650~ in 1997.

In order to get average air frame hours you divide the total fleet hours by the inventory of entire fleet.

So the average air frame hours equals to 180 hours. You dont multiply air frame hours by ratio of 2 pilots you insane!
That's correct. Here is what you had done in your OP.

You further divided 180 hrs by 2 to get hrs per pilot per aircraft. You got 90 hrs per pilot per aircraft. You then multiplied it by the multiplier 2.5 and declared the product i.e. 225 to be hrs per aircraft, when it continues be hrs per pilot per aircraft. :lol: You then multiplied *this* with total number of aircrafts in that segment, and declared it to be total flight hours for 'rotor/fixed transport aircraft'.

Now follow your own formula as you have narrated above. If 180 hrs is hrs per aircraft, then using your logic, 450 hrs (180*2.5) is average flight hrs per aircraft for the 'rotor/winged transport aircraft'. That means total flight hrs for this segment is 293,850 hrs (450*653). That leaves 12,340 hrs for the entire fighter/trainer segment.

Now check my post#78

The transport fleet clocks more hours then fighters and thats where the estimation of 2.5x comes in.
Since the two types of aircraft log different averages, you have to use 'x' to represent the lowest average and express all other averages in its terms. That's basic algebra. Am sure your Madrassa will teach you algebra sometime in future. :lol:

Btw you remind me of this stubborn kid from network54 WAFF who keeps getting tossed around.
What is 'network54 WAFF'?

EDIT: Oh ok. Got it. WAFF is another forum where you have opened a similar thread.

Last edited:
That's correct. Here is what you had done in your OP.

You further divided 180 hrs by 2 to get hrs per pilot per aircraft. You got 90 hrs per pilot per aircraft. You then multiplied it by the multiplier 2.5 and declared the product i.e. 225 to be hrs per aircraft, when it continues be hrs per pilot per aircraft. :lol: You then multiplied *this* with total number of aircrafts in that segment, and declared it to be total flight hours for 'rotor/fixed transport aircraft'.

Now follow your own formula as you have narrated above. If 180 hrs is hrs per aircraft, then using your logic, 450 hrs (180*2.5) is average flight hrs per aircraft for the 'rotor/winged transport aircraft'. That means total flight hrs for this segment is 293,850 hrs (450*653). That leaves 12,340 hrs for the entire fighter/trainer segment.

Now check my post#78

Since the two types of aircraft log different averages, you have to use 'x' to represent the lowest average and express all other averages in its terms. That's basic algebra. Am sure your Madrassa will teach you algebra sometime in future. :lol:

What is 'network54 WAFF'?

EDIT: Oh ok. Got it. WAFF is another forum where you have opened a similar thread.

Unless you can prove me wrong with sense able arguments that IAF Fighters clock more hours then Transport fleet then then you win okay? And kindly dont copy past bharatraksa text because its flawed.
309,100 hours divided by 1650 IAF fleet equals= 187 hours clocked per air frame
so 187 hours per air frame multiply by 1650 equals = 309,000 hours clocked by entire fleet.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom