What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

I have another one of an Indian Air Acdre in grey overalls. So clearly there is some lack of standardization on overalls. Usually one sees the disparity in flight gear between those aviators operating overland generally and those operating near the shore(high reflectivity). US airmen for e.g switched to a desert beige during OEF/OIFF.

Not really @Oscar. One can safely say that IAF personnel assigned to flying duties (i.e. Groupies, WingCos and below) are always in the standard rig. The only deviations/variations that seem to be seen are A/Cdres and above. At A/Cdre level, one has already moved to Staff, as the "Station-Master" /"Boss" (in IAF parlance). Some variations that I have seen are "Hi-Vis" Orange for Ops over the Sea as in the Jag IM sqdns and some where the Capt. of the Presidential Aircraft (a WingCo or Groupie) was in white overalls and peaked cap. But he had just flown the President/ Supreme Comdr. of the Armed Forces!

In older days; standardisation was less, in the family album, I have pictures of a Fleet Air Arm pilot in the 50s in white overalls and white buck-skin shoes! Of course, that was the time when pilots wore leather flying helmets too!

IAF Pilots(Su 30?) with their RSAF counterparts at Kalaikunda AFB:
2u58j8i.jpg

IAF MiG 27(Aren't MiG27's equipped with a drooped nose and a FLIR housing?!) pilot and the current ACM Arup Raha:
2z58yma.jpg

Here the MiG 27 driver has a dual tone :D uniform.

IAF Jag pilots(old pic):
xeo08x.jpg

The Blue uniforms have been changed, I think.
The Ex-Air chief had his old uniform on.

EDIT:That is a MiG23 UB.

IAF MiG 27(Aren't MiG27's equipped with a drooped nose and a FLIR housing?!) pilot and the current ACM Arup Raha:
2z58yma.jpg

Here the MiG 27 driver has a dual tone :D uniform.

EDIT:That is a MiG23 UB.

That is in fact a MiG-23 UB (correct there)

However: the MiG-27 has a sloped nose with a "laser designator" in the window area of the nose, not a FLIR.
Then again; Arup Raha's driver is NOT in a two tone overalls. Its his G-suit (bladders) that are colored differently. His overalls are green too, look carefully.

Which brings a second question, the Helmets and other associated gear. Do both pilots get the HMS or just the pilot?
]
I'd say both sir, at least this is what we have seen with the LCA and IN's MIG-29KUBs:

AIR_Tejas_LCA_Naval_2013_Test_GovInd_lg.jpg

10806377_667753779988617_1983832532932859129_n.jpg

(can't find a pic of an IN MiG-29KUB to show you this right now but I have certainly seen pics/video that show this is the case)

I'd say both sir, at least this is what we have seen with the LCA and IN's MIG-29KUBs:

AIR_Tejas_LCA_Naval_2013_Test_GovInd_lg.jpg

10806377_667753779988617_1983832532932859129_n.jpg

(can't find a pic of an IN MiG-29KUB to show you this right now but I have certainly seen pics/video that show this is the case)

Well, that is odd part. I have been searching for a picture of both MKI pilots donning the gear but cannot seem to find one with it. They both have the same white russian headgear but with the HMDS clip detached.

IMO , it's a tender for a Liquid Circulation System . It is issued in May 2014 .

If it's a tender ........ let alone finishing , the work must not have even started .

@sancho ..... please look into it .

I'm about to digress this thread slightly because I didnt know where to post this...
I read a few lines about J-31 and thought I would clear my doubts
Strangely enough, Pakistan, the US and China's roads have crossed before when it comes to stealth technology. The tail of the stealth chopper that was used in the Bin Laden raid of 2011 was trucked from the site by Pakistani forces and China was given exclusive access to it before it was finally returned to the US at John Kerry's in person request. This was seen as a retaliation for America's unilateral and humiliating action against the Bin Laden compound, located deep in Pakistani territory.
It is a little more than ironic that some of the technology gleaned from that tail is likely embedded into the J-31. Just another reminder of the tightrope the US continues to walk in Pakistan and how for many countries, the international super-power alternative to the US is increasingly China.
Pakistan Looking To Buy China's J-31 Stealth Fighter
@Abingdonboy @sancho @sandy_3126 @kurup @AUSTERLITZ @SvenSvensonov @LeveragedBuyout

I'm about to digress this thread slightly because I didnt know where to post this...
I read a few lines about J-31 and thought I would clear my doubts

Pakistan Looking To Buy China's J-31 Stealth Fighter

I'm not in a position to render a professional opinion, but I would find it surprising if the tail section of a helicopter contributed materially to the J-31 given that China already stole a substantial amount of technical data about the far more relevant F-35.

I'm not in a position to render a professional opinion, but I would find it surprising if the tail section of a helicopter contributed materially to the J-31 given that China already stole a substantial amount of technical data about the far more relevant F-35.
Lolzz
Thanks for that one, even I was wondering how much would J-31 benefit from the tail of a crashed chopper when Chinese Cyber spies from PLA could steal F-35 data just by hacking into the systems of behemoth defense contractor Lockheed Martin and at least six other subcontractors.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom