What's new

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

Yes according to sources inside the I.A.F. the plane is not a write-off,it'll repaired and returned to the force by HAL within 4-5 months,all thanks to the effort by the pilot to make it a controlled crash landing instead of bailing out of the aircraft earlier.

Are there any news articles to prove it or do you have "Sources" in the IAF?

Yes according to sources inside the I.A.F. the plane is not a write-off,it'll repaired and returned to the force by HAL within 4-5 months,all thanks to the effort by the pilot to make it a controlled crash landing instead of bailing out of the aircraft earlier.
I'm dubious about it being salvageable but even IF it is possible no way would it be as quick as 4-5 months, this sort of fix could take 8-9 months, maybe even a year.

I'm dubious about it being salvageable but even IF it is possible no way would it be as quick as 4-5 months, this sort of fix could take 8-9 months, maybe even a year.
So, I believe that you are a technician working with IAF and have studied the damage assessment report too.

So, I believe that you are a technician working with IAF and have studied the damage assessment report too.
Not at all but looking at the quite extensive damage to the plane this isn't a 4-5 month job. Additionally this would have to be sent to HAL and they themselves are flat out churning MKIs out as fast as they can so I don't know how a damaged air from like this fits into their resource allocation. On top of that once the plane is repaired it won't return to the IAF immediately but will have to be re-certified by both the IAF's and HAL's test pilots.

Not at all but looking at the quite extensive damage to the plane this isn't a 4-5 month job. Additionally this would have to be sent to HAL and they themselves are flat out churning MKIs out as fast as they can so I don't know how a damaged air from like this fits into their resource allocation. On top of that once the plane is repaired it won't return to the IAF immediately but will have to be re-certified by both the IAF's and HAL's test pilots.
I see too many assumptions, not a single fact. We don't know nothing sitting in front of our computers. Let the professionals decide when they want to fly the plane again.

I see too many assumptions, not a single fact. We don't know nothing sitting in front of our computers. Let the professionals decide when they want to fly the plane again.
This is an open defence forum for a reason and people here have right to assume things based on their knowledge and available sources. If you think that some insider will come and give you exact info then you are in a wrong place.

Last edited:
There is just a single way to resolve its issue we should have to open both of the boarder sides gave kashmiries their identity so that they move along the whole kashmir without vissa of other country although both sides carry there forces . this will also resolve alots of issues in between two contries . but about that post in simple iam a kashmiri and i know how much we like the countries creating conflict on our lives

Doubtful, since the money is not the problem, but that the current order will be provided only by 2019 and the production line then will be switched to FGFAs. So unless he expects procurements from Russia directly, that's not going to happen.

As per recent estimates by the same person (and others including that Sengupta), FGFA production won't begin
till 2022 or 2025. So it makes sense to get more MKIs.

As per recent estimates by the same person (and others including that Sengupta), FGFA production won't begin
till 2022 or 2025. So it makes sense to get more MKIs.

Inducted into IAF in 2022, not production at HAL which had to start earlier! And even if the production would be delayed, additional MKIs could be produced by HAL only beyond 2019, a time where M-MRCA is not only under induction into IAF, but should be in production in India too, not to mention that even LCA MK2 will start production by then. So when you have 2 other options and FGFA production about to start, there is no reason for additional MKIs anymore. The last order for example was based on the fact, that IAF had to change their initial plans to operate the upgraded Mig 27s beyond 2020. But now all Mig 27s will be phased out soon, because of the ongoing technical problems and that forced IAF to make an additional order, which had to be MKIs now since there is no other alternative today.

April 28, 2014

Where Sukhois get their wings and talons

...Of the 222 Su-30s to be built by HAL Nasik, 149 have flown out to Indian Air Force bases since 2004. The last delivery to the IAF is to be completed in 2018-19, said G.S.R. Prasad, senior executive of the aircraft manufacturing unit. For the remaining 72 planes, the production team is focussed on delivering 14-16 aircraft a year through four years...

Where Sukhois get their wings and talons - The Hindu

That's the last official statement about the MKI production at HAL

He is very wrong here , other than the reason mentioned by @sancho . look at the fleet structure of IAF after 2020, there is no chance for additional twin engine heavy fighters(considering FGFA orders), what they need is single engine light fighters for basic duties .that's why they are crying for LCAs.that's why everyone is hoping for 200+ LCA orders.

That's the point, the fleet is already too heavy sided and you can't reduce the number of FGFAs further, because they are more important in the long run. So if you have the option to go for more LCAs or MMRCAs around 2019, you will take one of these operationally less costly once. But on the other side, IAF also kept producing Jags for far too long without any operational advantage and now needs to go for costly upgrades to keep them alive, although they are outdated for modern warfare.

9a59e267080a826f25b32562252a6b81.jpg

34eb9f7919835f695fc18c9ce216e8c9.jpg

BL755 - Cluster Bomb

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom