What's new

Indian Air Base at Pathankot under attack by gunmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think list is incomplete as per wikipedia (i am not cheering neither happy just want to correct the facts)
List of terrorist incidents in India
December 13, 2001 2001 Indian Parliament attack in New Delhi Delhi 7 verdict given
May 13, 2002 2002 Jaunpur train crash[7] N/A 12 80
December 6, 2002 2002 Mumbai bus bombing[8] Mumbai 2 14
December 21, 2002 Kurnool train crash Andhra Pradesh 20 80
September 10, 2002 Rafiganj train disaster Bihar 130 300
September 24, 2002 Terrorists attack the Akshardham temple in Gujarat Gujarat 31
January 27, 2003 2003 Mumbai bombing[9] Mumbai 1
March 13, 2003 2003 Mumbai train bombing[10] Mumbai 11
July 28, 2003 2003 Mumbai bus bombing [11] Mumbai 4 32
August 25, 2003 25 August 2003 Mumbai bombings Mumbai 52
August 15, 2004 2004 Dhemaji school bombing Assam 18 40
July 28, 2005 2005 Jaunpur train bombing[12] N/A 13 50
October 29, 2005 29 October 2005 Delhi bombings: Three powerful serial blasts in New Delhi at different places [13]
Delhi

70 250
March 7, 2006 2006 Varanasi bombings: Three synchronized terrorist attacks in Varanasi in Shri Sankatmochan Mandir and Varanasi Cantonment Railway Station[14]
Varanasi

July 11, 2006 2006 Mumbai train bombings: Series of 7 train bombing during the evening rush hour in Mumbai Mumbai 209 500
September 8, 2006 2006 Malegaon bombings: Series of bomb blasts in the vicinity of a mosque in Malegaon, Maharashtra Maharashtra 37 125
February 18, 2007 2007 Samjhauta Express bombings Haryana 68
May 18, 2007 Mecca Masjid bombing: At least 13 people were killed, including 4 killed by the Indian police in the rioting that followed, in the bombing at Mecca Masjid, Hyderabadthat took place during the Friday prayers Hyderabad 13
August 25, 2007 25 August 2007 Hyderabad bombings - Two blasts in Hyderabad's Lumbini park and Gokul Chat. Hyderabad 42
October 11, 2007 One blast at a shrine of a Sufi Muslim saint in the town of Ajmer[15] Rajasthan 3
October 14, 2007 One blast in a movie theater in the town of Ludhianaon the Muslim holy day of Eid ul-Fitr[15] Ludhiana 6
November 24, 2007 A series of near-simultaneous explosions at courthouse complexes in the cities of Lucknow,Varanasi, and Faizabad[15] Uttar Pradesh 16 70
January 1, 2008 Terror attack on CRPF camp in Rampur, Uttar Pradeshby Lashkar-e-Taiba,[16] Uttar Pradesh 8 5
May 13, 2008 Jaipur bombings: 9 bomb blasts along 6 areas inJaipur Jaipur 63 200
July 25, 2008 2008 Bangalore serial blasts: 8 low intensity bomb blasts in Bangalore Bangalore 2 20 arrests made
July 26, 2008 2008 Ahmedabad blasts: 17 serial bomb blasts inAhmedabad Gujarat 29 110 arrests made
September 13, 2008 13 September 2008 Delhi bombings: 5 bomb blasts inDelhi markets Delhi 33 130
September 27, 2008 27 September 2008 Delhi blast: Bombings at Mehrauli area, 2 bomb blasts in Delhi flower market Delhi 3 21
September 29, 2008 29 September 2008 western India bombings: 10 killed and 80 injured in bombings in Maharashtra (including Malegaon) and Gujarat bomb blasts Maharashtra 10 80
October 1, 2008 2008 Agartala bombings Agartala 4 100
October 21, 2008 2008 Imphal bombing Imphal 17 40
October 30, 2008 2008 Assam bombings Assam 77 300
November 26, 2008 2008 Mumbai attacks[17][18] Mumbai 171 239 verdict given
January 1, 2009 2009 Guwahati bombings[19] Assam 6 67
April 6, 2009 2009 Assam bombings[20] Assam 7 62
February 13, 2010 2010 Pune bombing[21] Pune 17 60
December 7, 2010 2010 Varanasi bombing[22] Varanasi 1 20
July 13, 2011 2011 Mumbai bombings Mumbai 26 130
September 7, 2011 2011 Delhi bombing[23] Delhi 19 76
February 13, 2012 2012 attacks on Israeli diplomats Delhi 0 4
August 1, 2012 2012 Pune bombings Pune 0 1
February 21, 2013 2013 Hyderabad blasts Hyderabad 16 119
March 13, 2013 March 2013 Srinagar attack Jammu and Kashmir 7 10
17 April 2013 2013 Bangalore blast Bengaluru 0 16
25 May 2013 2013 Naxal attack in Darbha valley Chhattisgarh 28 32
24 June 2013 June 2013 Srinagar attack Jammu and Kashmir 8 19
7 July 2013 July 2013 Maoist attack in Dumka Chhattisgarh 5
7 July 2013 Bodh Gaya bombings Bihar 0 5
27 October 2013 2013 Patna bombings Bihar 5 66
25 April 2014 Blast in Jharkhand[24] Jharkhand 8 4-5
28 April 2014 Blast in Budgam District[25] Jammu and Kashmir 0 18
1 May 2014 2014 Chennai train bombing Tamil Nadu 1 14
12 May 2014 Maoist blast in Gadchiroli District[26] Jharkhand 7 2
28 December 2014 Bomb blast at Church Street, Bangalore[27] Bengaluru 1 5
20 March 2015 2015 Jammu attack[28] Jammu and Kashmir 6 10
27 July 2015 2015 Gurdaspur attack in Dina Nagar, Gurdaspur district Punjab 10 15
02 January 2016 2016 Pathankot attack in Pathankot IAF base,Pathankot Punjab 7

I hope you understand the difference between bomb blasts and coordinated fidayeen attacks. And it seems you have completely missed another table just below the table which you have copy pasted regarding the no. of casualties. Please take a look at that table especially after 2008 , when Mumbai attacks took place.

List of terrorist incidents in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Breaking- One suspected terrorist arrested from pathankot!!!!

Nsg and garud commandos are present there.

images

And this hard trained terrorist will confess with in minutes after the arrest even tell about his home town in Pakistan. Good Job.:tup:

All airbases in western sector put on high alert; Intel says more terrorists are at large.
Gurdaspur: Days after terror attack in Pathankot's air base, all Western Sector airbases have been put on high alert after two suspicious men in army uniform were sighted near Tibri military station in Punjab's Gurdaspur.
Acting on the intelligence input about Tibri, the entire around area around military station has been cordoned off.

Intelligence input says that more terrorists are at large.

In a pre-dawn attack, a group of heavily-armed Pakistani terrorists, suspected to be belonging to Jaish-e-Mohammed outfit, struck at the Air Force base in Punjab on January 2.

Several countries have condemned the attack in which seven securitymen were killed.
All airbases in western sector put on high alert; Intel says more terrorists are at large | Zee News

Pathankot attack: Gurdaspur SP was not a regular visitor to Panj Pir Dargah, claims shrine keeper
Pathankot: The role of Gurdaspur Superintendent of Police (SP) Salwinder Singh, who was abducted and later left unhurt by the terrorists during Pathankot onslaught, has come under scanner as the keeper of Panj Pir Dargah to which Singh claimed to be a frequent visitor has denied seeing him before at the shrine.
As per a CNN-IBN report, Som – the caretaker of the shrine – has revealed that at around 8:30 pm on December 31 Singh had called him to keep the gates of the shrine open. However, when he told Singh that it was time to close the shrine gates, the SP forced him to follow his orders.
Refuting Singh's claims that he has been a regular visitor to the shrine, Som said that he had never seen him before at the religious place.

He further revealed that Singh's jeweller friend Rajesh Verma, who had never been to the shrine earlier, had also visited the shrine on the same day twice.

The shrine is said to be just a few kilometers away from Bamiyal area in Punjab from where the terrorists are believed to have infiltrated.
The SP might have played a crucial role in the Pathankot attacks as it is believed that he could have also provided logistical support to the terrorists, claims CNN-IBN report.

Singh during initial questioning had claimed that he was abducted by heavily-armed terrorists and later released unharmed.
Pathankot attack: Gurdaspur SP was not a regular visitor to Panj Pir Dargah, claims shrine keeper | Zee News

And this hard trained terrorist will confess with in minutes after the arrest even tell about his home town in Pakistan. Good Job.:tup:

All airbases in western sector put on high alert; Intel says more terrorists are at large.
Gurdaspur: Days after terror attack in Pathankot's air base, all Western Sector airbases have been put on high alert after two suspicious men in army uniform were sighted near Tibri military station in Punjab's Gurdaspur.
Acting on the intelligence input about Tibri, the entire around area around military station has been cordoned off.

In a pre-dawn attack, a group of heavily-armed Pakistani terrorists, suspected to be belonging to Jaish-e-Mohammed outfit, struck at the Air Force base in Punjab on January 2.

Several countries have condemned the attack in which seven securitymen were killed.
All airbases in western sector put on high alert; Intel says more terrorists are at large | Zee News

Oh come on (Coloured Words) , now what they want like Obama himself visit India immediately and announce that US is not offering any sort of arms to Pakistan. Allegations, Allegations and Allegations even the investigation is not yet closed and there is news of other terrorist at large so why not India first control the whole situation, create a comfortable atmosphere like everything is done and lets talk and bring the facts.

Pathankot attack: Gurdaspur SP was not a regular visitor to Panj Pir Dargah, claims shrine keeper
Pathankot: The role of Gurdaspur Superintendent of Police (SP) Salwinder Singh, who was abducted and later left unhurt by the terrorists during Pathankot onslaught, has come under scanner as the keeper of Panj Pir Dargah to which Singh claimed to be a frequent visitor has denied seeing him before at the shrine.
As per a CNN-IBN report, Som – the caretaker of the shrine – has revealed that at around 8:30 pm on December 31 Singh had called him to keep the gates of the shrine open. However, when he told Singh that it was time to close the shrine gates, the SP forced him to follow his orders.
Refuting Singh's claims that he has been a regular visitor to the shrine, Som said that he had never seen him before at the religious place.

He further revealed that Singh's jeweller friend Rajesh Verma, who had never been to the shrine earlier, had also visited the shrine on the same day twice.

The shrine is said to be just a few kilometers away from Bamiyal area in Punjab from where the terrorists are believed to have infiltrated.
The SP might have played a crucial role in the Pathankot attacks as it is believed that he could have also provided logistical support to the terrorists, claims CNN-IBN report.

Singh during initial questioning had claimed that he was abducted by heavily-armed terrorists and later released unharmed.
Pathankot attack: Gurdaspur SP was not a regular visitor to Panj Pir Dargah, claims shrine keeper | Zee News

Indians did not believe the SP at all that he was abducted and nobody listened to him as he indicated in first call about the situation and there is something going to happen but statement of shrine caretaker put him into situation and so the interest of Zee news. Man, they are indeed up to something. So next thing announced by officials could be like SP was involved in attacks as he was honey trapped by Pakistan ISI and helped Pakistani Terrorist for attacks.

He's been beaten black&blue. Presttitue is reporting that he's mental ill. :sick:

They shouldn't have shown all this live or aired it. :tsk:

He's been beaten black&blue. Presttitue is reporting that he's mental ill. :sick:

They shouldn't have shown all this live or aired it. :tsk:

I never saw anyone beating him black & blue, just few kicks in this leg to get him talking. And he did seemed mentally Ill.

Indians did not believe the SP at all that he was abducted and nobody listened to him as he indicated in first call about the situation and there is something going to happen but statement of shrine caretaker put him into situation and so the interest of Zee news. Man, they are indeed up to something. So next thing announced by officials could be like SP was involved in attacks as he was honey trapped by Pakistan ISI and helped Pakistani Terrorist for attacks.

So, it was a false flag operation conducted by India. The terrorists abducted an Indian police officer, that 'Indian' police officer informs his superiors (But why? its a false flag operation, Indians should already know that), the police informs Central Govt (again why?), the Central Govt sends NSG into the airbase.(could have sent them earlier, because- it was a flase flag operation, why wait for the SP's complain), the attack takes place and after 4 terrorists are killed, the govt declares victory, because the SP and telephone intercepts indicated 4 terrorists. Then the 5th and 6th terrorists are found, and the security forces and govt are surprised (again, how is that possible? Its a inside job, the govt should know the exact no. of terrorists. Then doubts are raised over SP, that he may have aided the terrorists (again, If I had been the SP, I would be very angry and spill the beans that muuudi planned the attack).
And above all kashmiri organization of terrorists United Jehad Council,based in P0K claims responsibility for the attack. The govt will be really shocked by this claim, isn't it?

Btw, India right now is the fastest growing economy in the world and it conducts a terror attack in its air force base which has the potential to scare away western investors. Very nice logic.

I never saw anyone beating him black & blue, just few kicks in this leg to get him talking. And he did seemed mentally Ill.

So, it was a false flag operation conducted by India. The terrorists abducted an Indian police officer, that 'Indian' police officer informs his superiors (But why? its a false flag operation, Indians should already know that), the police informs Central Govt (again why?), the Central Govt sends NSG into the airbase.(could have sent them earlier, because- it was a flase flag operation, why wait for the SP's complain), the attack takes place and after 4 terrorists are killed, the govt declares victory, because the SP and telephone intercepts indicated 4 terrorists. Then the 5th and 6th terrorists are found, and the security forces and govt are surprised (again, how is that possible? Its a inside job, the govt should know the exact no. of terrorists. Then doubts are raised over SP, that he may have aided the terrorists (again, If I had been the SP, I would be very angry and spill the beans that muuudi planned the attack).
And above all kashmiri organization of terrorists United Jehad Council,based in P0K claims responsibility for the attack. The govt will be really shocked by this claim, isn't it?

Btw, India right now is the fastest growing economy in the world and it conducts a terror attack in its air force base which has the potential to scare away western investors. Very nice logic.

Contradiction of verdicts is already discussed as well as mentioned by @MaarKhoor in detail above. Rest about Whys, the more Whys should have been asked to the Indian Officials so the picture would have been more clearer. Does attacks ever stopped the investors in Pakistan or we can say how stopping the investors would benefit a terrorist. Rest about links to the Kashmir, its Indian Occupied Kashmir and Azad Kashmir. Pakistan never said Pakistan Kashmir it is always mentioned Azad Kashmir and Indian Occupied Kashmir. Exactly it was claimed by UJC but still dragging Pakistan into it despite the UJC claim is a big WHY should have been asked to Indian Government. SP informed superiors but was told to go home and come office tomorrow. read the thread posts carefully so you will find news about all then you are most welcome.

Contradiction of verdicts is already discussed as well as mentioned by @MaarKhoor in detail above. Rest about Whys, the more Whys should have been asked to the Indian Officials so the picture would have been more clearer. Does attacks ever stopped the investors in Pakistan or we can say how stopping the investors would benefit a terrorist. Rest about links to the Kashmir, its Indian Occupied Kashmir and Azad Kashmir. Pakistan never said Pakistan Kashmir it is always mentioned Azad Kashmir and Indian Occupied Kashmir. Exactly it was claimed by UJC but still dragging Pakistan into it despite the UJC claim is a big WHY should have been asked to Indian Government. SP informed superiors but was told to go home and come office tomorrow. read the thread posts carefully so you will find news about all then you are most welcome.

Please don't advice me to follow the news about Pathankot attacks, I am well informed about it.

Secondly, I don't care what Pakistan calls what, its P0K for India, and yes UJC and all its leaders are based in Pakistan and funded by ISI, don't believe me? ask Musharaf who himself acknowledged it.

Why terrorists care about FDIs, good question, they only care about 72 virgins, but their handler (ISI) does. One purpose for such strike is to economically weaken India.

And regarding investments in Pakistan- was that sarcasm?

@The Eagle
We discussed this enough I would like add my end notes whoever responsible must be punished, every times fingers pointed out at Pakistan, I would like say it again I condemn this barbaric act of aggression but have to defend my mother land for false un proved allegation. I demand from the authorities from the both countries they can be from Kashmir, Pakistan or Indian punish them and resume the peace talks. This time at least set an example for future for all those who don't want peace between the two countries.
regards,
RIP to soldiers who died defending their motherland, salute
British_Army_Soldier_Saluting_MOD_45154891.jpg

Pls no more tags. thnks

@The Eagle
We discussed this enough I would like add my end notes whoever responsible must be punished, every times fingers pointed out at Pakistan, I would like say it again I condemn this barbaric act of aggression but have to defend my mother land for false un proved allegation. I demand from the authorities from the both countries they can be from Kashmir, Pakistan or Indian punish them and resume the peace talks. This time at least set an example for future for all those who don't want peace between the two countries.
regards,
RIP to soldiers who died defending their motherland, salute
British_Army_Soldier_Saluting_MOD_45154891.jpg

Pls no more tags. thnks

Agreed with you on all this bro.

From my side as well, no more tags please.

Days after terror attack in Pathankot's air base, all Western Sector airbases have been put on high alert after two suspicious men in army uniform were sighted near Tibri military station in Punjab's Gurdaspur.

448257-pathankot.jpg

Ministry of Defence
06-January, 2016 20:32 IST
Terrorist Attack at AIR Force Station Pathankot

On receipt of intelligence inputs of a likely attempt by terrorists to infiltrate into military installations in Pathankot area, Air Force Station Pathankot was put on heightened alert status. Air warriors were issued arms and ammunition to protect vital assets. Air Force Garud Special Forces were reinforced from other Air Force Stations and were deployed at strategic locations around the airfield. Aerial surveillance was mounted using night vision and thermal imaging devices on board Remotely Piloted Aircraft, C-130J Special Operations aircraft and helicopters. First contact with the terrorists was made through a remotely piloted aircraft. On detection, the terrorists were immediately engaged by the Garuds. One Garud, Corporal Gursewak Singh, was martyred in the initial engagement. Terrorists opened fire on unarmed Defence Security Corps (DSC) personnel in the DSC Mess, where one of the DSC Jawans grappled with a terrorist and shot him dead. However, the DSC Jawan was killed by the other terrorists present there.

Swift response by the Station resulted in pinning down of the terrorists in a limited area, preventing their movement towards the sensitive Technical zone where bulk petroleum and weapon storage areas were located and also where aircraft were parked. A well coordinated effort by all security agencies including the Army, NSG, local police and Indian Air Force (IAF) succeeded in neutralising the terrorists. The airbase remained operational throughout and flights operated to and from the airfield during the period of engagement with the terrorists.

IAF salutes the brave air warriors who fought the terrorists without fear of personal risk.

If you went behind the screen, the military all over has a say on national security which is an essential element in shaping a foreign policy. In case of Pakistan the involvement of the military is for historical reasons and because they have an openly hostile neighbor. Most of all, Pakistani people feel confident if their military is kept on board.

Yes agreed with your point...Military should have a say in foreign policy of a country...but military should not dictate the foreign policy of a democratic country....But it seems Pakistani military is poking its nose into foreign policy of Pakistan or I can say they are the ones who give the final nod to how Pakistani foreign policy should look like...

Really don't you think this behavior is not good for a democratic country like Pakistan???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom