What's new

Indian Air Base at Pathankot under attack by gunmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick point.. Read somewhere bcz of being a large base surveillance tech is negligible like CCTvs.. Do you think its necessary that we upgrade all bases with proper surveillance tech like CCTvs, intrusion detectors etc.. especially forward bases?

@MilSpec what are your thoughts about this..

Ohh yes, more the surveillance and solid firepower, the better for high value installations. I would go one step further and allocate security based on strategic value, and for every high alert situation deploy security detail to these facilities accordingly. Also bring in high economic value locations into the gambit.

play stupid game,win stupid prise :)

well it seems my perception and your perception are different.
Why bring subjective qualitative charertersitics such as "percpetion" into this? My point is not an opnion but a FACT and one that can be empirically tested- how many strategic assets were lost in this attack? If the answer is below 1 then the operation to GUARD THESE ASSETS was a success.

I could have answered why not Punjab Police, - Because their cadre does not know how to properly shoulder a rifle.

I do see a undercurrent of disappointment on the forum from some members that Indians successfully defended he position without any losses suffered in similar attacks across the border. If India did not have actionable intel, the losses would have been devastating.

Police is there to defend domestic issues but when needed Indian police force have even showed thier courage.

Indian security forces were fighting highly trained proxies in Pathankot and those were not drugs or arms smugglers.

Police is there to defend domestic issues but when needed Indian police force have even showed thier courage.

Indian security forces were fighting highly trained proxies in Pathankot and those were not drugs or arms smugglers.
Praise those who deserve to be praised but there is little to be gained by hiding behind such emotive but, essentially, meaningless remarks. No amount of bravery or "spirit" is going to defeat a foe such as this nor negate agaisnt such a threat. Investing in the tangibles is going to make sure those courageous men and women get to go home to their famillies and hugely costly strategic assets aren't reduced to dust.

Bro one small issue there

Their own SP claimed he was kidnapped and he informed all the other people in police.. According to Reuters, his senior asked him to go home and sleep as he was recently transferred for a molestation charge.. Now they did not take him seriously..

That provided a 8-10 hour window for terrorists to attack base at 3ish am

if they had acted, closed down pathankot after 8 pm, put check posts and did a thorugh job, they may have detected the car group far away from the base itself..

that to me is a serious lapse.. Letting them reach upto base is not within forces but under police purview..They failed their duty there

Trouble counting dear??? Not your fault, most Bangladeshis lack decent schooling.

Let me explain to you like I would explain something to a child and a dull one that.

7 casualties total.

This includes 5 DSC members who were in a mess. DSC members are retired army personnel mostly in their 40s and 50s.

1 Gaurda commando died in a firefight.

1 NSG officer died disabling an explosive.
don't be personnel, i am not hear to make fun. just trying to find out why such casualties.
1. Gaurd died in firefight. (report was crossfire)
1. NSG officer died by IED and 12 NSG injured.
come again, talk decently
Why bring subjective qualitative charertersitics such as "percpetion" into this? My point is not an opnion but a FACT and one that can be empirically tested- how many strategic assets were lost in this attack? If the answer is below 1 then the operation to GUARD THESE ASSETS was a success.
i said it because i was expecting 1or 2 casuality on Indian side

If the GoP/whoever said this (if they actually did) feels the need to declare this it is safe to assume they are doing NOTHING in reality. If some actual scalps were coming you don't make these statements.

Actions speak louder than words.

Indeed. But interesting news is that inputs being given & the acknowledgement is is coming from the other side. Denial/insufficient material provided will be the stock response, though. I feel a GoI press conference is coming up by tomorrow.

@Abingdonboy what is this man losing life while destroying the bombs now the casualty is from NSG when they are trying to destroy the bomb
Did anyone think that sending people TOWARDS men with guns, explosives and god know's what else was a riskless exercise? Live ordinance has always been a huge threat to those operating in these kind of operations- why do you think the NSG even have a EOD/Bomb disposal unit?

Did anyone think that sending people TOWARDS men with guns, explosives and god know's what else was a riskless exercise? Live ordinance has always been a huge threat to those operating in these kind of operations- why do you think the NSG even have a EOD/Bomb disposal unit?
Now i can give some interesting fact

You see the 4 division and 3 armored divisions of the army that means more than 50 thousand soilders were at army base which few minutes way from the location of attack and they were not used

Indeed. But interesting news is that inputs being given & the acknowledgement is is coming from the other side. Denial/insufficient material provided will be the stock response, though. I feel a GoI press conference is coming up by tomorrow.
i think its a game here.. GOI had not completed the full analysis.. Hence no offcial statements.. It may be more of primary hunch shared by India with few powers and with Pakistan too. Without credible leads, what will Pakistan investigate?
The only possibility can be the so called "alleged" phone calls picked up by Intelligence and UJC claim for the attack..
I believe USA folks may have called GOP and said why dont you check at your end too to be doubly sure beforehand.. So its more of a inhouse check not what India may have handed over..

If India did handover, i am sure GOI will tom tom it in media not keep it so secretive..

Trouble counting dear??? Not your fault, most Bangladeshis lack decent schooling.

Let me explain to you like I would explain something to a child and a dull one that.

7 casualties total.

This includes 5 DSC members who were in a mess. DSC members are retired army personnel mostly in their 40s and 50s.

1 Gaurda commando died in a firefight.

1 NSG officer died disabling an explosive.

India is having good relations with Bangladesh because of the recent policy adopted by PM Modi . so you should stop short for pointing towards Bangladesh schooling system. Cant you see and understand who is talking how ?

Defence Services Corps personnel are ex-service personnel of the Indian Army, Navy, Air Force and Territorial Army and now its not the time to say that those DSC members were in mess, they fought and laid down thier lives performing thier duties. This should be remembered.

No disagreements there, But although this is a separate debate, there is no harm is maintaining a dedicated antiterror unit for state police.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom